• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 8| The best X-loss teams in the nation

I'm shocked more people aren't up in arms over Mike Tranghese being on the panel, when in reality all he knows is basketball and was completely clueless as to how to run a conference from a football perspective.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Why is Rice on the Playoff Selection Committee?

I imagine her, the General, and the reporter, are there to make sure "Good Ole Boys" won't have complete say. Also, to enforce "Procedural guidelines" to how teams are chosen, in case slight bias appears.

I imagine her, the General, and the reporter, are there to make sure "Good Ole Boys" won't have complete say. Also, to enforce "Procedural guidelines" to how teams are chosen, in case slight bias appears.

Yea that makes sense. I didn't even notice the General and reporter at first.

Stanford might as well have won one of these in a no-holds-barred, NCAA Ladder Match:

iFmHx2vjqpDwm.gif

EDIT: Now I'm actually hoping Oliver Luck takes the Texas AD job. The Aggy tears...
D'von, get the tables!!!!

TLC match!!!

mcgruber

Big 10 2019 and 2018 shcedules out now:

2018 OSU Football Sched
TBA
Rut
at TCU
UNC
at PSU
Indiana
Minn
at Pur
Off
Neb
at MSU
at Maryland
Michigan

2019 Ohio State Football Schedule
TBA
Cincinnati
at Indiana
TCU
at Neb
MSU
Off
at Northwestern
Wisc
Off
Maryland
at Rut
PSU
at Michigan

Wouldn't be surprised if ohio state has kids committed already that will play in this game, like class of 2017/2018 high schoolers

Fire flood? Any rumors that this is cover for something else(personal and not baseball)? His offer list was impressive.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ian-Thomas-108101

If I had to guess....

He originally came to play WR, there is a huge logjam of talent at WR so they moved him to CB.

It could be him wanting to go elsewhere to play WR, much like Miles Shuler.

I think it's a dick move though to do this in the middle of the season, especially when you're starting.

Stick out the year and think things through at the end of the year and decide what you want to do with your future.

Karakand

I'm shocked more people aren't up in arms over Mike Tranghese being on the panel, when in reality all he knows is basketball and was completely clueless as to how to run a conference from a football perspective.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm hoping he brings that can't-do attitude to the administration of the playoff too.

mcgruber

GAF Pick'em Week 7 Results

coming later

GAF Pick'em Week 8 Games

(FRI) UCF @ Louisville by X
Texas Tech @ West Virginia by X
TCU @ Oklahoma State by X
Florida @ Missouri by X
Iowa @ Ohio State by X
Auburn @ Texas A&M by X
UCLA @ Stanford by X
Maryland @ Wake Forest by 11
Duke @ Virginia by X
Washington @ Arizona State by X
USC @ Notre Dame by 7
Florida State @ Clemson by 4
INDIANA UPSET SPECIAL @ Michigan

uva duke game is tough. wheres our resident duke fan? how are you feeling about the game? any recent injuries or players returning from injury for either team?

AntoneM

GAF Pick'em Week 8 Games

(FRI) UCF @ Louisville by 12
Texas Tech @ West Virginia by 6
TCU @ Oklahoma State by 9
Florida @ Missouri by 6
Iowa @ Ohio State by 17
Auburn @ Texas A&M by 9
UCLA @ Stanford by 6
Maryland @ Wake Forest by 12
Duke @ Virginia by 4
Washington @ Arizona State by 6
USC @ Notre Dame by 6
Florida State @ Clemson by 6

AntoneM

Big 10 2019 and 2018 shcedules out now:

2018 OSU Football Sched
TBA
Rut
at TCU
UNC
at PSU
Indiana
Minn
at Pur
Off
Neb
at MSU
at Maryland
Michigan

2019 Ohio State Football Schedule
TBA
Cincinnati
at Indiana
TCU
at Neb
MSU
Off
at Northwestern
Wisc
Off
Maryland
at Rut
PSU
at Michigan

4 OOC games? Join a real conference.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Watched with the sound off. Does she have a smoker's hoarse voice? She looks like she'd be a smoker when she drinks.

Cute though, despite that.

sound off isn't just half the experience. It's 95% of the experience. Funny Drunk, with such lines as:

My favorite thing about Ole Miss is the education I'm receiving....

Sike. It's the atmosphere

and

When you go to a college, you'll make the grades. Blah Blah Blah...

...as long as you get a 2.0

and

I like school spirit....but lets not get me wrong. I wouldn't have school spirit without at least...a couple Vodka Waters

She's not quite "Emma Stone" voice, but she's on here way there.

oh, and when asked what's the meaning of Hoddy Totty (which there isn't a meaning), she implies it's based on a drink, that you drink when your sick.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Just posted last week's results: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86072989&postcount=2

Added in rank change indicators for you guys, too. Enjoy!

Oh, and my condolences Wino... you jinxed your team :(

It doesn't matter. Until we get a PAC12 level QB we are fucked. We have a true freshman, Tyler Bruggman, who I believe is that guy. Until he starts, I don't know that we'll do much. Connor Halliday hasn't proven shit. I'm drunk and angry right now. Not excited to go to Autzen.. Thankfully, I have a bunch of really good friends that are Ducks and are going to that game that I'lll have a good time. Fuck, I'm so hammered right now. These buttfucks took down all my Cougar gear and decorated my cubicle in Duck gear while I was away!

sound off isn't just half the experience. It's 95% of the experience. Funny Drunk, with such lines as:

and

and

She's not quite "Emma Stone" voice, but she's on here way there.

oh, and when asked what's the meaning of Hoddy Totty (which there isn't a meaning), she implies it's based on a drink, that you drink when your sick.

her rasp voice is very typical of some sorority girls from my experience. I didn't see too many soro sisters smoking ciggs in the daytime, but at nighttime frat parties who knows....I was never there, but i doubt smoking is whats causing their voices to go hoarse. Sorority girls are notorious for being loud and obnoxious, so maybe the loudest of the sorority girls end up losing their voice. I can definitely see that Ole Miss girl screaming at parties causing her voice to go hoarse for a week, then the following week start the process all over again.

Pimpwerx

Official list of playoff Committee

College Football Playoff Announces Selection Committee

The members of the selection committee are:

• Jeff Long, vice chancellor and director of athletics, University of Arkansas-Fayetteville, Chair
• Barry Alvarez, director of athletics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Lieutenant General Mike Gould, former superintendent of the United States Air Force Academy
• Pat Haden, director of athletics, University of Southern California
• Tom Jernstedt, former NCAA executive vice president
• Oliver Luck, director of athletics, West Virginia University
• Archie Manning, former University of Mississippi quarterback and all-pro NFL quarterback
• Tom Osborne, former head coach and director of athletics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
• Dan Radakovich, director of athletics, Clemson University
• Condoleezza Rice, Stanford University professor, former Stanford provost and former United States Secretary of State
• Mike Tranghese, former commissioner of the Big East Conference
• Steve Wieberg, former college football reporter, USA Today
• Tyrone Willingham, former head coach of three FBS institutions

Soooooo we replace one shitty system with another?

I vote for the BCS computers to pick the Top 4 or however many teams, and let them duke it out. The computers have done a better job of ranking teams than humans, and will damn sure do a better job than current sitting school officials and Condi Rice. I mean seriously. It should be a list of former coaches and players making this decision, spread evenly across all conferences and regions. I fail to see what the superintendent of Air Force has that makes him a good judge of program strength.

At least with the current polling system, you have a large enough of dolts voting that the selections are somewhat believable. Now we've limited the number so that a few morons can really fuck everything up. It should be mandated that these people involved watch football all day every Saturday, as well as all the mid-week games, in order to ensure they know wtf they're voting on.

Whoever thought this up is an asshat. A bigger asshat than the shmuck behind the BCS. PEACE.

Funny, the week I lose most money on bets is the week I get highest picks on gaf!

GAF Pick'em Week 8 Games

(FRI) UCF @ Louisville by 10
Texas Tech @ West Virginia by 7
TCU @ Oklahoma State by 7
Florida @ Missouri by 4
Iowa @ Ohio State by 10
Auburn @ Texas A&M by 10
UCLA @ Stanford by 4
Maryland @ Wake Forest by 4
Duke @ Virginia by 4
Washington @ Arizona State by 7
USC @ Notre Dame by 4
Florida State @ Clemson by 4

her rasp voice is very typical of some sorority girls from my experience. I didn't see too many soro sisters smoking ciggs in the daytime, but at nighttime frat parties who knows....I was never there, but i doubt smoking is whats causing their voices to go hoarse. Sorority girls are notorious for being loud and obnoxious, so maybe the loudest of the sorority girls end up losing their voice. I can definitely see that Ole Miss girl screaming at parties causing her voice to go hoarse for a week, then the following week start the process all over again.

Great voice but that's not a Mississippi native accent is it?

I like the southern accents more than the raspy voice.

BuckeyeGAF:

I'm in Columbus for the first time in fifteen years, and going to the game this weekend. Anything I should definitely go and check out while I'm here? I'm staying downtown near the Arena District.

Top Bottom