• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 8| The best X-loss teams in the nation

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Never a good sign to see a kid cry when talking to a doc/trainer.

Tech OL Alfredo Morales cried a few weeks back when he hurt his ankle. Turned out to be a light sprain, he was available the next week, and he apparently caught hell for it from his teammates.

In his defense, he and his twin brother Tony have been ridiculously season-ending-injury prone since they came to Tech. Probably a whole lot of "not this shit again" running through his head at the time. Tony's already out for the season again (since before the season started IIRC).

She went to Memorial highschool which is in a pretty nice part of town. A lot of the kids with wealthy parents that don't finish in the top 10% in their class will go out of state because they can afford it. A couple years ago I met a group of Lake Travis girls ( upper scale Austin area ) on 6th street during a holiday and almost of them were attending an SEC school. 1 from Ole Miss, 2 Auburn girls, and 1 went to Alabama. I think there were more, but that was one of 2 nights in my life that I don't remember.

What SEC school is the best academically?

Wait, so your high school grades don't count if you attend college in another state?

XDuzRKP.jpg

QUOTE]

Ive always wondered why there are some coloured seats. Are they padded season ticket seats or something?

Vanderbilt is a legit top tier school. Though Tosh probably was saying that in a smart assed way somehow.

yeah I think he said something along the lines of "I went to the Harvard of the south -Vanderbilt. I mean NC State. I mean some other school" and progressively got worse until he said he didnt graduate high school.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
XDuzRKP.jpg

QUOTE]

Ive always wondered why there are some coloured seats. Are they padded season ticket seats or something?

Yeah, far as I understand it, when you (finally) get the ability to get season tickets, you can pay a certain amount extra, to have a bolted on Padded seat (can't remember if they have a fold up back or just a seat cushion).

Where I got tickets, they're chair seats instead of bleachers. Similar to that bottom right corner (the dark red section, 50 yard line home side)

So, who's getting "Password is___ days old" and anyone near by GAF launch day of 3420 days ago (9 1/3 years ago :lol)

lol Miami's QB threw the ball in the back of his lineman's helmet and it bounced in the air and was picked off. It's not the U's day today.

What SEC school is the best academically?

Wait, so your high school grades don't count if you attend college in another state?

It varies from state to state, but in Texas students who finish in the top 10% of their highschool class are guaranteed admission into any public University in Texas. Those who don't make top 10% have a tough time being admitted into most of the larger public school's in Texas. So, instead of settling for community college or a small D3 school, some of the rich kids who didn't make top 10% will look to private Universities or out of state universities to attend.

The system needs tweaking though. I mentioned this story before but at least one kid I know went to a magnet school in Ft. Worth, finished in the top 20%, and probably had the academic knowledge to be valedictorian at any highschool that has students with normal test scores. His ACT scores and cover letter got him accepted into Brown, but he wasn't accepted into UT because almost all the spots were taken by top 10%ers.

Yeah, far as I understand it, when you (finally) get the ability to get season tickets, you can pay a certain amount extra, to have a bolted on Padded seat (can't remember if they have a fold up back or just a seat cushion).

Where I got tickets, they're chair seats instead of bleachers. Similar to that bottom right corner (the dark red section, 50 yard line home side)

So, who's getting "Password is___ days old" and anyone near by GAF launch day of 3420 days ago (9 1/3 years ago :lol)

So you only get offered season tickets after a while? Awesome. I like memberships like that.

What is the price of a college game ticket, if you dont mind me asking?

I got 1560 days. I havent ever changed mine.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So you only get offered season tickets after a while? Awesome. I like memberships like that.

I've wondered if if was/is first come first serve, or is it locked to alumni.

Anyway, I imagine the waiting list is in the decades. PEOPLE HAVE TO DIE.

Piggus

If you have season tickets, you essentially pay a fee each year and make a donation in order to keep your spot. At least that's how it works at Oregon. Our 50 yard line tickets have a face value of about $80 per game, but the actual cost of all six tickets is about $9000 per year.

The added benefit of being a season ticket holder is BCS game tickets are reserved for us, and they're good seats. So if we go to the national championship again we only pay face value.

Westonian

I don't want to jinx it but it looks like the ACC Circle of Suck is going to continue another year. Virginia is going to beat Florida St. aren't they?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm refusing to change my password. I'm going to ride it out until GAF actually forces me to.

jjasper

The worst part about season tickets is the generous donation you have to pay in addition to the tickets. Of course I doubt we still have it considering we are terrible. But at the time when I had season tickets it was like 2k for entry level (aka shitty seats) but young alumni got like a 75% off to start and it gradually went up.

Edit: my password is 3419 days old and has expired nice

Piggus

Dear God. They have taken their madness to its logical conclusion.

That is a bad opinion and you should feel bad for expressing it.

It's for breast cancer awareness. Which IMO is more important than whether they look good or not.

But don't let something silly like breast cancer have any impact on your boring old crimson getup.

Edit: They're being auctioned off for cancer research by the way

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
See the announcement. You might wanna actually change it. :p
Oh, I read that. I'm just not worried about an admin account temporarily getting hacked. Now, if the passwords are stored unencrypted and unsalted, and THEY were stolen, then I might be worried.
But don't let something silly like breast cancer have any impact on your boring old crimson getup.
I won't. I'd be pissed if we did that. There are other ways to raise money for breast cancer than... that.

Meier

Got this email from Mack Brown with the subject line, "Thank you from Texas Football Head Coach Mack Brown."

Loyal Longhorns Fan,

I can't tell you how important your support has been to our players and staff – and to me personally this season. I felt all of your loyalty as we came away with a victory over OU last Saturday in Dallas.

Continuing that level of support is going to be critical as we head into the remainder of our season. We've got to bring the intensity we showed in the Cotton Bowl not just to DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, but to the rest of the games on our schedule. Some of you will join us on Saturday, Oct. 26 as we travel to TCU, but – whether you're at the game or sitting in front of your television, we're going to need you – your support is just as critical now as it has ever been.

We're beginning to be the Texas team on the field that we've been working toward and we need you to be the same in the stands. The Big 12 and the entire nation need to know that when you come to play Texas, you're going to play not just the team but more than 100,000 Longhorns.

Texas Football wants you to know that our hard work on the field on Saturdays is a reflection of all of you, and what we collectively stand for. There is no prouder moment for us than when we're representing our proud Burnt Orange Nation. It is what "Winning with Integrity" means, and we believe in that.

Let's keep it going.

Come early. Be loud. Stay late. And wear orange!

Thank you again and Hook 'em, Horns!

Mack Brown
I was like he's announcing he's retiring at the end of the season right now?! when I saw the subject line.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Lol at UNC having a real chance to win this game.

It won't even be a hail mary. Miami fucked this drive up something fierce.

Top Bottom