• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 8| The best X-loss teams in the nation

BuckeyeGAF:

I'm in Columbus for the first time in fifteen years, and going to the game this weekend. Anything I should definitely go and check out while I'm here? I'm staying downtown near the Arena District.

Jackets play Sunday at 6 if youre still in town, if youve never been the stadium is awesome and Jackets games are really fun.Arena district is full of bars now, but my favorite bar right around there is called Pint House on high st in the short north. Its a beer garden with a retractable roof that has good beer and amazing food, i would definitely hit it up.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Oh my.

BWyEcDaCAAAF8jn.png
Dear God. They have taken their madness to its logical conclusion.
Only Oregon could pull this off. I like it.
That is a bad opinion and you should feel bad for expressing it.

andycapps

Jackets play Sunday at 6 if youre still in town, if youve never been the stadium is awesome and Jackets games are really fun.Arena district is full of bars now, but my favorite bar right around there is called Pint House on high st in the short north. Its a beer garden with a retractable roof that has good beer and amazing food, i would definitely hit it up.

Listen to this guy. First, he's a Buckeye and I'm not. Second, I do my drinking at home.

But, if you're into the speakeasy feel, I hear that Curio is really good but haven't made my way there. I have gone to Mouton because Curio was closed that night. But I'm more into liquor, so unless you're into that, don't listen to me.

There is a brand new 16 bit arcade bar downtown next to Dirty Franks, which I would recommend. Haven't been to the arcade bar yet but a bunch of friends have said it's awesome. I think the games are free if you're drinking. Dirty Franks is really small, but very popular and worth checking out if you're into gourmet hot dogs.

Listen to this guy. First, he's a Buckeye and I'm not. Second, I do my drinking at home.

But, if you're into the speakeasy feel, I hear that Curio is really good but haven't made my way there. I have gone to Mouton because Curio was closed that night. But I'm more into liquor, so unless you're into that, don't listen to me.

There is a brand new 16 bit arcade bar downtown next to Dirty Franks, which I would recommend. Haven't been to the arcade bar yet but a bunch of friends have said it's awesome. I think the games are free if you're drinking.

Ooo yeah, i went to 16 bit 3 weeks ago, bar is very cool they have tons of machine. Everything is free except pinball, although this means drinks are more expensive, $5 for a draft, $8-10 for a specialty drink. It got pretty crowded when I was ther 5-8pm on a friday, but really didnt have a problem playing what I wanted if I was patient.

Check it out if youre wanting something kind of different. Although the crowd is very hipster due to its location right next to the art school, so be prepared.

andycapps

Ooo yeah, i went to 16 bit 3 weeks ago, bar is very cool they have tons of machine. Everything is free except pinball, although this means drinks are more expensive, $5 for a draft, $8-10 for a specialty drink. It got pretty crowded when I was ther 5-8pm on a friday, but really didnt have a problem playing what I wanted if I was patient.

Check it out if youre wanting something kind of different. Although the crowd is very hipster due to its location right next to the art school, so be prepared.

I'll check it out sometime, seems like fun.

Gurley won't be playing this week. Got some time in practice but Richt said he's not ready. So he'll rest this week and next week since it's a bye and will be 100% for Florida. Tray Matthews will also not play, been battling a hamstring injury and is further behind than Gurley. But he, Gurley, and Bennett should be back for Florida.

JCX

(FRI) UCF @ Louisville by X
Texas Tech @ West Virginia by 13
TCU @ Oklahoma State by 8
Florida @ Missouri by 5
Iowa @ Ohio State by 14
Auburn @ Texas A&M by 10
UCLA @ Stanford by 7
Maryland @ Wake Forest by 10
Duke @ Virginia by 4
Washington @ Arizona State by 8
USC @ Notre Dame by 10
Florida State @ Clemson by 14

UCF will be going to the Big House in 2016.

Its a shitty ass guarantee game but I guess at least our program now are contenders to win these types of games now.

Damn bastards not playing fair and allowing 1-1 games....

(FRI) UCF @ Louisville by 22
Texas Tech @ West Virginia by 7
TCU @ Oklahoma State by 14
Florida @ Missouri by 17
Iowa @ Ohio State by 26
Auburn @ Texas A&M by 3
UCLA @ Stanford by 9
Maryland @ Wake Forest by 1
Duke @ Virginia by 3
Washington @ Arizona State by 12
USC @ Notre Dame by 3
Florida State @ Clemson by 1

UCF will be going to the Big House in 2016.

Its a shitty ass guarantee game but I guess at least our program now are contenders to win these types of games now.

Damn bastards not playing fair and allowing 1-1 games....

Wait so y'all agreed to an away game with no reciprocated home game? I thought UCF could at least get a "Home & Home" or what some mid-tier programs agree on is one home game for 2 away games. Y'all should have agreed on an away-home-away deal.

Why did I think louisville was playing today...

She said she's from texas. She obviously didn't get into ut

She went to Memorial highschool which is in a pretty nice part of town. A lot of the kids with wealthy parents that don't finish in the top 10% in their class will go out of state because they can afford it. A couple years ago I met a group of Lake Travis girls ( upper scale Austin area ) on 6th street during a holiday and almost of them were attending an SEC school. 1 from Ole Miss, 2 Auburn girls, and 1 went to Alabama. I think there were more, but that was one of 2 nights in my life that I don't remember.

KingGondo

Banned
(FRI) UCF @ Louisville by 4
TCU @ Oklahoma State by 17
Florida @ Missouri by 4
Iowa @ Ohio State by 24
Auburn @ Texas A&M by 10
UCLA @ Stanford by 7
Maryland @ Wake Forest by 4
Duke @ Virginia by 4
Washington @ Arizona State by 4
USC @ Notre Dame by 4
Florida State @ Clemson by 11

Wait so y'all agreed to an away game with no reciprocated home game? I thought UCF could at least get a "Home & Home" or what some mid-tier programs agree on is one home game for 2 away games. Y'all should have agreed on an away-home-away deal.

We usually can and do. But lately teams have been canceling(Kansas St), moving(Maryland) or just refusing to schedule(In-State teams) 1-1 games or fair series in general.

This severely limits our realistic options especially given we only seem to schedule FBS teams now.

And not sure if Michigan would ever agree to come to Orlando. A team like Penn St did agree to a 1-1 but apparently never intended to come to Orlando... thus the Ireland game was born instead.

We usually can and do. But lately teams have been canceling(Kansas St), moving(Maryland) or just refusing to schedule(In-State teams) 1-1 games or fair series in general.

This severely limits our realistic options especially given we only seem to schedule FBS teams now.

And not sure if Michigan would ever agree to come to Orlando. A team like Penn St did agree to a 1-1 but apparently never intended to come to Orlando... thus the Ireland game was born instead.

when was that? I know Notre Dame and Navy played in Ireland last year...

Also, playing in Happy Valley and Ireland sounds more like an away-neutral site deal. Y'all got hustled on that one

when was that? I know Notre Dame and Navy played in Ireland last year...

Also, playing in Happy Valley and Ireland sounds more like an away-neutral site deal. Y'all got hustled on that one
The Ireland UCF/Penn St game is next season.

And I guess we got hustled. It was either a one and done or a "home-home" where our home game was in Ireland or of course no scheduled game at all. Plus UCF was able to afford giving up a true home game since we still have 6 hosting BYU and FIU.

The original series was signed as a standard home and home but Penn St never really intended to honor an Orlando game.

And I guess we got hustled. It was either a one and done or a "home-home" where our home game was in Ireland or of course no scheduled game at all. Plus UCF was able to afford giving up a true home game since we still have 6 hosting BYU and FIU.

The original series was signed as a standard home and home but Penn St never really intended to honor an Orlando game.

Sounds like y'all should have told Penn St. "tough. you're playing in Orlando. Thats our home, and we agreed to a home and home. Be there or pay the fine for backing out of your deal."

Draxal

Kind of stupid of them. You want to play there just for recruiting purposes.

Sounds like y'all should have told Penn St. "tough. you're playing in Orlando. Thats our home, and we agreed to a home and home. Be there or pay the fine for backing out of your deal."
I mean we could have done that. But then we'd have to find some FCS team to fill the slot and well then just everybody loses there.

The only reason I'm not too upset anymore is because we have really no other option and of course we are competitive in these games so it isn't like its a traditional bodybag game.

I mean we could have done that. But then we'd have to find some FCS team to fill the slot and well then just everybody loses there.

The only reason I'm not too upset anymore is because we have really no other option and of course we are competitive in these games so it isn't like its a traditional bodybag game.

Penn St. would have needed to find an FCS school too. Wait, B1G schools can't schedule FCS schools any more can they? They may have had no choice but to play you in Orlando. Your AD or whoever schedules the games didn't use his leverage properly

Penn St. would have needed to find an FCS school too. Wait, B1G schools can't schedule FCS schools any more can they? They may have had no choice but to play you in Orlando. Your AD or whoever schedules the games didn't use his leverage properly
Its a recommendation I think not a ban. Don't think a conference can dictate which team is scheduled.

I also think that since they are Penn St, some other FBS team would easily take our spot.

We have no leverage except "Play us or we'll be really, really mad!" Especially not as this new system gears up and conferences are going to 9 conference games.

Illinois has a FCS school on the schedule for 2018

andycapps said:

There is a brand new 16 bit arcade bar downtown next to Dirty Franks, which I would recommend. Haven't been to the arcade bar yet but a bunch of friends have said it's awesome. I think the games are free if you're drinking. Dirty Franks is really small, but very popular and worth checking out if you're into gourmet hot dogs.

Thanks, dudes. Will definitely check out the 16-bit bar. We looked today into a stadium tour, but you have to schedule them two weeks in advance, and it's by appointment only. Ah well. We're here until Tuesday, so we've got some time to check things out.

What about Saturday? We figure we'll just take a bus over to the stadium and wander around the tailgates. Didn't there used to be a big open tailgate/beer garden type thing?

Thanks, dudes. Will definitely check out the 16-bit bar. We looked today into a stadium tour, but you have to schedule them two weeks in advance, and it's by appointment only. Ah well. We're here until Tuesday, so we've got some time to check things out.

What about Saturday? We figure we'll just take a bus over to the stadium and wander around the tailgates. Didn't there used to be a big open tailgate/beer garden type thing?

Yeah it's still there, but I prefer going to the out r in or varsity club if I'm not hitting up tailgates

The Grove, and an all-time record of 12-10 against Florida!

I bet the Grove girl has a promising career in party planning lined up.

She was the inspiration for Cecily Strong's character "The girl you wish you didn't start a conversation with at a party" on SNL. But I agree, she could be a great party planner if she cuts back on her drinking.

(FRI) UCF @ Louisville by 10
Texas Tech @ West Virginia by 4
TCU @ Oklahoma State by 7
Florida @ Missouri by 4
Iowa @ Ohio State by 14
Auburn @ Texas A&M by 10
UCLA @ Stanford by 4
Maryland @ Wake Forest by 7
Duke @ Virginia by 4
Washington @ Arizona State by 7
USC @ Notre Dame by 7
Florida State @ Clemson by 4

(FRI) UCF @ Louisville by 14
TCU @ Oklahoma State by 12
Florida @ Missouri by 4
Iowa @ Ohio State by 20
Auburn @ Texas A&M by 12
UCLA @ Stanford by 7
Maryland @ Wake Forest by 4
Duke @ Virginia by 4
Washington @ Arizona State by 12
USC @ Notre Dame by 8
Florida State @ Clemson by 7

tokkun

(FRI) UCF @ Louisville by 4
Texas Tech @ West Virginia by 4
TCU @ Oklahoma State by 4
Florida @ Missouri by 4
Iowa @ Ohio State by 8
Auburn @ Texas A&M by 11
UCLA @ Stanford by 4
Maryland @ Wake Forest by 14
Duke @ Virginia by 4
Washington @ Arizona State by 4
USC @ Notre Dame by 4
Florida State @ Clemson by 4

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Miami defense is on point tonight.

Bummer of a landing for Dorsett. This might be a pyrrhic victory for miami tonight.

I see a lot of people picking UL...

mre, tell them about the last time UCF went on the road for a red colored opponent's homecoming as a major underdog.

Top Bottom