• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Eight Thread: UM 23 | MSU 21 | 00:00

Until Miami can find a way to build a stadium closer to school, I don't think it really matters who they get.

Yeah I had no idea the stadium was so far away. Then again, it took me almost an hour in traffic to get from Westwood to Pasadena (UCLA) so the Bruins may have a longer drive and their fans do just fine filling the stadium

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Pitt may have an argument.

This time next week they might win that argument.

The Al Golden news doesn't bode well for Duke on Halloween. The only conference that can Pac12 almost as good as the Pac 12 is the ACC, and you have a team that just got embarrassed on national TV, the alumni tweets about how bad it is, Coach gets fired and next game is against a basketball school they used to dominate but now is passing them by? Not to mention Duke has to be drained after that thrilling 7OT victory.

Pitt will be playing UNC at Pitt and nobody is paying attention to them.

The results could be a complete ass kicking, but if that rallies our troops for payback vs UNC (considering their fun with the vandalism last year) then I'll deal.

CSNHLh2WwAAwM4e.jpg

DominoKid

This time next week they might win that argument.

The Al Golden news doesn't bode well for Duke on Halloween. The only conference that can Pac12 almost as good as the Pac 12 is the ACC, and you have a team that just got embarrassed on national TV, the alumni tweets about how bad it is, Coach gets fired and next game is against a basketball school they used to dominate but now is passing them by? Not to mention Duke has to be drained after that thrilling 7OT victory.

Pitt will be playing UNC at Pitt and nobody is paying attention to them.

The results could be a complete ass kicking, but if that rallies our troops for payback vs UNC (considering their fun with the vandalism last year) then I'll deal.

breh we gonna beat the hell outta yall. yall better win this week.

Piano

Banned
Rooting for a rival or being okay if they beat my team is something I just don't get.

I agree with you, but I just don't consider Clemson a rival the way I consider, say, Miami a rival. Clemson is more just "it's usually a good football game".

When I was a kid, I would get UPSET when Miami won. How could they get away with being such pricks and still winning?!

Well.

Just saw that my niece went to her church's "trunk or treat" event as Flo. You know, the Progressive Flo.

Not to be outdone, my brother (her father) went as Jake. Yes, from State Farm.

Rooting for a rival or being okay if they beat my team is something I just don't get.

Kiffin to Miami makes a lot of sense, y'all.

Is Florida State/Clemson really a rivalry though? Feels more like it's a case of "we're contenders in the same division and we play each other every year" without much actual hatred like Florida State/Miami or Florida.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is Florida State/Clemson really a rivalry though? Feels more like it's a case of "we're contenders in the same division and we play each other every year" without much actual hatred like Florida State/Miami or Florida.

Yeah, just conference rivals.

I would say our conference rivals (ignoring Miami) are Clemson and NC State.

Clemson just because we traded wins for so long and are both now pretty good.

NC State because those assholes just beat us way more often than they should and we hate it when they do.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Pick 'Em Results

Week 8 Score said:
name [ w8_score ]
cdyhybrid [ 10 ]
GoldenEye007 [ 7 ]
perfectchaos007 [ 6 ]
Frustrated_Grunt [ 6 ]
cashman [ 6 ]
Subitai [ 6 ]
andycapps [ 5 ]
zyxwvu4321 [ 5 ]
bucknuticus [ 5 ]
Kacar [ 5 ]
timetokill [ 5 ]
sf2fanatic [ 5 ]
Karl2177 [ 5 ]
FloydtheFathead [ 5 ]
AlteredBeast [ 4 ]
Fragamemnon [ 4 ]
theprodigy [ 4 ]
ag-my001 [ 4 ]
pxleyes [ 4 ]
chaosblade [ 3 ]
Dsyndrome [ 3 ]
Randolph Freelander [ 3 ]
Ganhyun [ 3 ]
Battlezone [ 3 ]
xeris [ 3 ]
Mac the Knife [ 3 ]
FelixOrion [ 3 ]
MrJames [ 3 ]
ryseing [ 3 ]
lonestar [ 2 ]
Monroeski [ 2 ]

Total Score said:
name [ tot_score ] [ w8_score ]
xeris [ 46 ] [ 3 ]
perfectchaos007 [ 45 ] [ 6 ]
FloydtheFathead [ 45 ] [ 5 ]
GoldenEye007 [ 44 ] [ 7 ]
cdyhybrid [ 43 ] [ 10 ]
zyxwvu4321 [ 43 ] [ 5 ]
bucknuticus [ 42 ] [ 5 ]
Kacar [ 42 ] [ 5 ]
timetokill [ 42 ] [ 5 ]
Dsyndrome [ 41 ] [ 3 ]
Randolph Freelander [ 41 ] [ 3 ]
Frustrated_Grunt [ 40 ] [ 6 ]
Monroeski [ 40 ] [ 2 ]
Fragamemnon [ 39 ] [ 4 ]
lonestar [ 38 ] [ 2 ]
FelixOrion [ 38 ] [ 3 ]
MrJames [ 38 ] [ 3 ]
ryseing [ 38 ] [ 3 ]
Karl2177 [ 37 ] [ 5 ]
chaosblade [ 36 ] [ 3 ]
AlteredBeast [ 36 ] [ 4 ]
andycapps [ 36 ] [ 5 ]
Battlezone [ 36 ] [ 3 ]
theprodigy [ 36 ] [ 4 ]
cashman [ 36 ] [ 6 ]
Ganhyun [ 35 ] [ 3 ]
Subitai [ 35 ] [ 6 ]
chicko1983 [ 34 ] [ 0 ]
sf2fanatic [ 34 ] [ 5 ]
Mac the Knife [ 33 ] [ 3 ]
Westonian [ 33 ] [ 0 ]
ag-my001 [ 32 ] [ 4 ]
pxleyes [ 32 ] [ 4 ]
The Outsider [ 32 ] [ 0 ]

andycapps

Rivals in the sense of hating each other, maybe not, but they're still a competitor in the same division.

DRAXAL AND PETEY YOUR ACCOUNT OF WHAT HAPPENED WITH CRISTOBAL IS INACCURATE.

HERE IS THE REAL DEAL GUYS:

Kyle FlOOD WAS GOING TO LEAVE TO GO TO THE NFL WITH SCHIANO. However, RUtGERS PLAYERS & RECRUITS BEGGED HIM TO STAY.

Kyle, BEING THE GOOD man, THAT HE IS DECIDED TO LISTEN. HE SAID, "YO TIMMY P I'M STAYING! I'LL EVEN CUT YOU A DEAL ON MY CONTRACT!"

He then stayed.

I'm also disappointed with you people for losing faith in Kyle after the OHIO STATE GAME! THAT IS SCHIANO'S FAULT FOR HIS POOR RECRUITING IN THE PAST. KYLE IS REPAIRING THOSE FLAWS, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT GREAT COACHES DO! THEY CHOP AT IT! FloOD is a CHOPPER!

Edit: NO WAY EVER JOSE DOES KYLE FLOOD EVER LEAVE FOR THE MIAMI JOB. HE WOULDN'T ACCEPT THE GREEN BAY PACKERS OR PITTSBURGH STEELERS JOB IF THEY EVER OPENED UP! NEVER MIND MIAMI! LOLOLOLOLOL!

pa22word

Man, Okie State gets no respect.

Have you watched them play? They're barely scraping by everyone. Ive watched them play 4-5 times this year and still have no idea how they keep winning. West Virginia and texas was pure fuckball at its best, with okie state pulling it out because Texas' head coach got pissed at a ref... This is doubly bad for them considering how front loaded their schedule is. I can easily see them dropping games to ou, baylor, and tcu by lots of points. Ou will be a toss up due to rivalry shenanigans, but tcu and baylor will likely shitstomp them pretty hard.

I can easily see them ending the season down 4 games. Still a good season for okie state, but they're still a year or two off at this point.

The guy who sits next to me at work is a FSU and drove down to Atlanta to watch the game with hi cousin.

Poor dude

Last 2 FSU games hes seen in person, Ga Tech and last years Rose Bowl.

Ganhyun

The guy who sits next to me at work is a FSU and drove down to Atlanta to watch the game with hi cousin.

Poor dude

Last 2 FSU games hes seen in person, Ga Tech and last years Rose Bowl.

The lesson he should learn is that anytime he watches his team play in person they lose.

ryseing

Yeah, just conference rivals.

I would say our conference rivals (ignoring Miami) are Clemson and NC State.

Clemson just because we traded wins for so long and are both now pretty good.

NC State because those assholes just beat us way more often than they should and we hate it when they do.

FAT-SHIRTLESS-NCSTATE-GUY.gif

I need to stop overthinking my damn picks. With the amount of football I watch, I should be doing far better.

I need to stop overthinking my damn picks. With the amount of football I watch, I should be doing far better.

It's pretty interesting looking at the numbers for the Yahoo Pick 'Em. Using the teams that don't have a 0 for lowest week dropped, there is only a swing of 9 correct picks between all teams (90 wins being the lowest and 99 wins being the highest). Confidence points is really where the separation come from: a team that has 90 correct picks is in 8 out of 16 and the team with the most picks (Dsyndrome's 99) is in 6th.

It's pretty interesting looking at the numbers for the Yahoo Pick 'Em. Using the teams that don't have a 0 for lowest week dropped, there is only a swing of 9 correct picks between all teams (90 wins being the lowest and 99 wins being the highest). Confidence points is really where the separation come from: a team that has 90 correct picks is in 8 out of 16 and the team with the most picks (Dsyndrome's 99) is in 6th.

Yeah I'm like dead last among active participants in this years Yahoo pickem, but I'm 2nd place in mre's pickem. confidence points are my enemy. spread 4 lyfe

Mark Mangino is out as the OC at Iowa State. Rhoads says he and Mangino weren't "on the same page."

Hmmm. I wonder if the decision to bench Sam Richardson for this week had anything to do with it. Rhoads is just lucky he was the boss of Mangino and could be in position to make the firing. Rhoads won't be there next year anyway I reckon

Top Bottom