• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Eight Thread: UM 23 | MSU 21 | 00:00

XA6H15N.png

Losing to NW on the road is much better than losing to VT at home. What an idiot.

If your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/life partner/roomate/whatever tells you "Peanut Butter Vodka and Chocolate Milk taste just like a Reese's peanut butter cup"

FUCKING LEAVE THEM.

They're liars. They secretly must hate you, and you will be sick and not at all happy with the life choices you have made.

If your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/life partner/roomate/whatever tells you "Peanut Butter Vodka and Chocolate Milk taste just like a Reese's peanut butter cup"

FUCKING LEAVE THEM.

They're liars. They secretly must hate you, and you will be sick and not at all happy with the life choices you have made.

Adam... Just go to McDonald's. it will wipe the vomit away.

cashman

Banned
BTHO Ole Miss!

I actually feel very good about our chances, and not just because Memphis beat the rebels. None of the pick sixes were really forced by the Alabama defense, they were just very poorly thrown balls. That can be fixed. And Ole Miss just lost to Memphis.

10-1 going into LSU, here we come! Gig'em!
And that's why you never go full aggy

I wouldn't think peanut butter vodka would go well by itself, let alone with anything else.

Adam... Just go to McDonald's. it will wipe the vomit away.

He wants the taste to get better, not worse.

Anything is better than that shit..

McGriddlers will fix it

On it's own, it's kinda okay. In Jello shooters its not bad at all. But with milk it took on some horrible, horrible weird ass flavor.

And I went down to the McDonalds. Did my thang for Buckeye nation. All night looooong.

(I actually went to Dennys, I wasn't the drunkest one there, which was awesome).

Now, I'll sober up enough to drink away my pain for the Browns tomorrow.

On it's own, it's kinda okay. In Jello shooters its not bad at all. But with milk it took on some horrible, horrible weird ass flavor.

And I went down to the McDonalds. Did my thang for Buckeye nation. All night looooong.

(I actually went to Dennys, I wasn't the drunkest one there, which was awesome).

Now, I'll sober up enough to drink away my pain for the Browns tomorrow.

Drink everytime Gary B makes a catch, that's my boy.

I still don't get it. I know I missed the Memphis game, but it was 0 points. I couldn't select anything special from the rest of the confidence points that I remembered.

By using the 1 point on another game after missing a game, you're effectively throwing away points, his suggestion (and the optimal strategy) is effectively "burning" the 1 point on the game you missed and thus minimizing your losses.

For your case this week in particular, you skipped using 9 points entirely and put 1 point on Mississippi State/Kentucky, throwing away 8 points (and even if Kentucky won, you wouldn't have lost anything).

I still don't get it. I know I missed the Memphis game, but it was 0 points. I couldn't select anything special from the rest of the confidence points that I remembered.

By using the 1 point on another game after missing a game, you're effectively throwing away points, his suggestion (and the optimal strategy) is effectively "burning" the 1 point on the game you missed and thus minimizing your losses.

For your case this week in particular, you skipped using 9 points entirely and put 1 point on Mississippi State/Kentucky, throwing away 8 points (and even if Kentucky won, you wouldn't have lost anything).

Prodigy is correct.

More specifically, you went 4-4 on points 1-8. If you had just slid each one up a notch and used 2-9, that would have earned 4 additional points this week. Incidentally, a few weeks ago when you also missed a game, you didn't use CP 12. Doing 6-5 on 1-11, you could have earned 6 more points by moving up the scale one slot.

ag-my001

And that's why you never go full aggy
I stand by that opinion from before the game. I believe we should have matched up better against Ole Miss, and we should have won.

After the game, with the new data available to me, I can now alter my opinion:

WE'RE DOOMED! DOOOOOOMED! WE'RE GOING TO LOSE TO VANDY! FIRE SPAVITOL! TEAR DOWN THE RENOVATIONS! 5-7 HERE WE COME!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Went to the LSU game. The field was extremely sloppy. Good thing there's 3 weeks before they play at home again, the field needs some work after that game.

A lot of football left to be played, but ~if~ things played according to Hoyle, here's how it could end up.

1) Undefeated Big 10 (Ohio State/Michigan State)
2) Undefeated Big 12 (Baylor/TCU/Ok State)
3) Undefeated Clemson

and

4) Undefeated SEC LSU OR
4) 1 loss SEC Alabama / Florida / LSU
4) 1 loss Pac12 - Stanford / Utah
4) 1 loss Notre Dame

Unless there's some shakeup with the B10, B12, Clemson and SEC, it's quite possible that the Pac12 is on the outside looking in.

Utah's loss really hurts the conference and the marquee aspect of the conf championship.

I also wonder if a 1 loss B12 team would get in over Stanford as the top 4 teams are pretty damn good even if the bottom of the conference is weak.

I also love how ESPN gives zero fucks and just left the camera running during halftime on the Stanford game on WatchESPN.

WatchESPN continues to be out shit. The same 3-4 ads over and over again, and they still manage to load too many ads during ge breaks.

I hate seeing a team call time out before a big play, because I just know I'll be watching ESPN internal promos for the duration of the first play after the break.

:(

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
OSU
Clemson
LSU
TCU

As pessimistic as I usually am about Bama, LSU is probably going to have a hard time in that game. Their passing game isn't good enough to keep Bama's defense from selling out to stop Fournette. Harris is pretty much going to need a career day to get their offense clicking and give them a chance.

Also not sure B12 is going to get a team in. TCU and Baylor both have what's probably the toughest stretch of their schedules coming up. TCU's defense will probably cost them a game, and Baylor will depend on how good their backup QB is. Guessing TCU loses to one of the Oklahoma teams but beats Baylor. Which would lead to:

OSU
Clemson
Alabama
Stanford

inm8num2

Coaches Poll

1 Ohio State (49)
2 Baylor (10)
3 TCU (2)
4 LSU (1)
5 Michigan State
6 Clemson (1)
7 Alabama
8 Stanford
9 Notre Dame
10 Oklahoma State
11 Iowa
12 Florida
13 Oklahoma
14 Utah
15 Florida State
16 Memphis
17 Michigan
18 Duke
19 Houston
20 Toledo
21 Ole Miss
22 Temple
23 Georgia
24 Pitt
25 UCLA

Piano

Banned
The real poll is out.

1. Ohio State (39)
2. Baylor (7)
3. Clemson (6)
4. LSU (5)
5. TCU (3)
6. Michigan State
7. Alabama (1)
8. Stanford
9. Notre Dame
10. Iowa
11. Florida.
12. Oklahoma State
13. Utah
14. Oklahoma
15. Michigan
16. Memphis
17. Florida State
18. Houston
19. Ole Miss
20. Toledo
21. Temple
22. Duke
23. Pitt
24. UCLA
25. Mississippi State

Piano

Banned
I was talking with a friend last night about the FSU Clemson game, and how, at this point, we're going to be cheering for Clemson because we'd like to see them make it to the playoff.

Not sure if that makes me a bad fan.

AP top 25 by conference:

SEC: 5 (LSU, Alabama, Florida, Ole Miss, Mississippi State)
Big Ten: 4 (Ohio State, Michigan State, Iowa, Michigan)
Big 12: 4 (Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma)
ACC: 4 (Clemson, Florida State, Duke, Pitt)
Pac-12: 3 (Stanford, Utah, UCLA)
AAC: 3 (Memphis, Houston, Temple)
Independent: 1 (Notre Dame)
MAC: 1 (Toledo)

El_Chino

AP top 25 by conference:

SEC: 5 (LSU, Alabama, Florida, Ole Miss, Mississippi State)
Big Ten: 4 (Ohio State, Michigan State, Iowa, Michigan)
Big 12: 4 (Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma)
ACC: 4 (Clemson, Florida State, Duke, Pitt)
Pac-12: 3 (Stanford, Utah, UCLA)
AAC: 3 (Memphis, Houston, Temple)
Independent: 1 (Notre Dame)
MAC: 1 (Toledo)
SEC SEC SEC SEC!

Top Bottom