• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Five Thread: Gondo, But Not Forgotten

HeySeuss

Just give it to Zeke. Their defense is getting tired. He should have a big 4th quarter though with the wind at his back.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
NQvzeGI.gif
Still amazes me that this GIF isn't reversed. Keep meaning to try to look up a longer video of it so I can see the context but I never bother to get around to it.

So are you living in Houston or living in Dallas now? I thought your earlier post just meant you were visiting Houston for the weekend but this one makes me think differently.

As far as being "good enough" to be in the P5, Houston's problem is that they're a commuter school. Huge enrollment, but they haven't shown that they're able to turn all of those degrees into TV ratings. They've put a lot of effort and money recently into changing that perception to try to get an invite to a bigger conference but I'm not sure how effective that will be.

I'm in Houston now for training. I'll be permanently in Dallas at the end of next week. They have me on campus and I feel old as shit.

As for the commuter thing, yeah definitely a thing in the past. But like my alma mater, schools with tons of beds on campus and a campus life by definition aren't commuter schools. UH has the second most amount of beds out of all schools in Texas. And to be fair, they used to be in a major conference anyway. Their TV ratings are questionable, though, I agree. We've had better TV ratings at UCF playing against them as the home team!

UCF has either the most or second most amount of beds on campus plus its a 24/7 type of campus now.

AntoneM

I want it too. I just...I don't know. At this point, I kinda just enjoy the fact we fuck it up every single year. It's like that ugly ass sweater we all have...it's god awful, but it's kind of comforting.

My friend who is a Browns fan said it best this summer.

"For 49er fans it was a the worst off season of all time, for us Browns fans, it was a Thursday."

HeySeuss

Yeah our defense has made the traditional halftime adjustments. Looking strong.

Marshall determined to fumble again though.

thefro

Damn, IU's screwed with Sudfeld hurt. That was on our turf though.

Pisses me off that we have like 1 player hurt all year and have 4-5 against OSU.

I don't mind the arrangement where the G5 teams get top-flight coaching talent for a few years as they make their way to HC jobs in the P5. Stuff like Herman to Houston and Bobo to CSU works out great for all parties involved.
Well except for the program, because of politics and fuckery, that lost that staff talent and is blocked from advancing.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Texas Tech's defense is unbearable to watch

Still gave up a TD but looked a little better on that drive.

I mentioned it in the CFB-GAF thread last week and I'll mention it again, I think a lot of Tech fans got an inflated sense of what our defense was after the 2nd half of the UTEP game and the entire Arkansas game but our defense is still not very good at all. We're doing the bend-but-don't-break thing much better than previous years but we're still bending enough to allow a ton of touchdowns.

Fortunately, we return a lot of the 2-deep on our defense next year, so we'll have a lot of experience. Unfortunately, VERY little of what we return is on the line, so we're probably going to be depending on a lot of true freshmen on the DL (unless a JUCO commit and a couple of transfers work out very well).

Top Bottom