• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Four Thread: Keep Calm - There Is No God

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
It's like you're still in the Big 12!

Based on my quick and dirty calculations, it'd probably be even worse in the Big 12!

B1G teams: about 225 passing yds/game
BigXII teams: about 310 passing yds/game

On a side note though, even though we give up more passing yards than anyone else in the nation, we do lead the B1G in passing offense (17th nationally)

IYf_sg.jpg

Caddyshack takes place in Nebraska, true story

Lunar15

That last page had more Orange and Blue than I'm comfortable with and I'm a Gator fan.

It's an obnoxious pairing, but you learn to love it through tradition and osmosis. Still, I'll always prefer that to Yellow and Purple. (sorry LSU)

pxleyes

Banned
WHAT.

The Gata script is the best thing about our uniforms.

*snip*

I really hate them trying to update everything to that stupid serif-alligator-pointy-rawr-its-a-gata-tooth... thing. It's so ugly, so tacky. They've been putting it everywhere ever since we've started sucking.

FLORIDA-FIELD-THUMB.jpg

Removed the UF script in the middle and added the gata head too...ugh.

That's what I appreciate most about Bama's team. Their look is so classic. No spectacle, no fuss. Shit looks timeless.

alabama.jpg
Too much truth here. Let's do some comparisons.

Classic Gator:
university-of-florida-this-is-the-swamp.jpg

New Gata:
e0380a81376b29cf8381da6569126628.jpg

Classic Gator:
ben-hill-griffin-stadium-section-322-view.jpg

New Gata:
Florida-Field-e1346510755821.jpg

Lunar15

I actually met the head of UF football promotions at an Ad event. The very guy who pushed the new typeface for things. He started his presentation by getting visibly upset that someone in the front row was wearing a white undershirt underneath a button up, so that should tell you the anal-retentiveness on display there.

I don't hate it though. I dunno. Like I said, the only thing I hate are the all orange/white jersey combos, and that's not even a new invention.

EDIT: Knew we had quite a few Gator fans, but this is more than I remember.

pxleyes

Banned
I actually met the head of UF football promotions at an Ad event. The very guy who pushed the new typeface for things. He started his presentation by getting visibly upset that someone in the front row was wearing a white undershirt underneath a button up, so that should tell you the anal-retentiveness on display there.

I don't hate it though. I dunno. Like I said, the only thing I hate are the all orange/white jersey combos, and that's not even a new invention.

EDIT: Knew we had quite a few Gator fans, but this is more than I remember.
ya...like you. You're new.

Limedust

BamaCrew: Is it possible for Bo Scarbrough to play this weekend? Was he healed, and would the 1st 4 games count as his suspension? Could he make a difference?

Yes, Bo could theoretically play this weekend, but I doubt this would be the week we see him return unless Bama is somehow up by 4 TD's in the second half.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
BamaCrew: Is it possible for Bo Scarbrough to play this weekend? Was he healed, and would the 1st 4 games count as his suspension? Could he make a difference?
Yes. Yes. Who knows? He's never played a snap of college ball.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Someone please break up the Florida filibuster.

How about some ice cold Dr Pepper?

You're missing the requisite echo effect that they left in there for some reason.

ya...like you. You're new.

Only Florida fans my Brain will bother to remember, is you and AlliGoGata. Though, I think Tamahome might be a Florida Fan.

Quick, mre, bring back out the Fandom Grail!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've been posting in this thread for about a year, but I've been mainly in-and-out.

While some of us are over a decade (which, strangely enough, also implies we're older and more likely to suffer from mental lapses, which is why I'm voting for Dukakis)

I wish Florida would update its uniform.

Ew.
Colors are ok but hell no to that UF logo.

We need the actual gator head on stuff. I'm tired of the girly cursive writing.

By the way, I'd just like to say how great it was waking up a Gator fan today. Can't imagine being a UT fan going back to work this morning with that loss looming over you. Up 27-14 with 4 minutes left in the game and you lose. Sucks.

Ran into a Tennesee fan at work today. He made no mention of the game. I'll give him some time before I bring it up. I felt bad doing it so soon.

Seriously, it's time to retire the cursive logo.

I would take any of the below over it (Gator head my favorite though except not white helmet)

I agree with changing the helmet, but this is some hideous shit.

:barf:

If you're going to do it, do it right.

I would even be ok with something close to this.
icon_15627463-675x380.jpg

This gets my vote if we ever change the helmets. The jersey needs to stay the same though.

Aren't you a Highlighter U fan?

He is Pac12 but I think it is Cal or UCLA not Ducks.

I'm just a fan of Pac 12 football as I grew up on the West Coast. I did not attend a school with a D1 football program.

Speaking of Pac-12 football:

USC gained an unbelievable 220 yards and scored three touchdowns on the eight third downs it faced in the first half on Saturday. Arizona State fans can can blame turnovers and poor special teams play all you want, but they can't win many games when they can't get off the field on third down.

I guess when you blitz everyone on third down the other team catches on and just throws short and lets receivers do the rest.

El_Chino

:barf:

If you're going to do it, do it right.

USATSI_2044732-675x380.jpg

I would even be ok with something close to this.
icon_15627463-675x380.jpg

Too much truth here. Let's do some comparisons.

Classic Gator:
university-of-florida-this-is-the-swamp.jpg

New Gata:
e0380a81376b29cf8381da6569126628.jpg

Classic Gator:
ben-hill-griffin-stadium-section-322-view.jpg

New Gata:
Florida-Field-e1346510755821.jpg

Ew.

Ran into a Tennesee fan at work today. He made no mention of the game. I'll give him some time before I bring it up. I felt bad doing it so soon.

I agree with changing the helmet, but this is some hideous shit.

This gets my vote if we ever change the helmets. The jersey needs to stay the same though.
Different strokes for different folks.
This looks like Boise
Let's not get crazy now.

Top Bottom