• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Four Thread: Keep Calm - There Is No God

Ryuuroden

This poll seems fine other than the Ducks deserving literally no votes, Utah should be around #9 or so, and Michigan deserves to be at #24-25 given that they pitched a shutout vs. a ranked team and their only loss was on the road vs. that Utah team.

Yeah, but remember, when you remove SEC teams from the poll, you have to replace them with other SEC teams first. Then if there is extra space you go to the other conferences.

:jnc

El_Chino

Largely irrelevant all around where the undefeated teams are placed currently. Oregon still being Top 25 is ludicrous though.
But you claim one undefeated team should be placed higher than another undefeated team. They're probably giving them the benefit of the doubt, if Oregon ends up winning the rest of the season. It's highly doubtful though.

How many undefeated teams are there still?

Temple
Navy
Memphis
Houston
Clemson
FSU
Miami
Ok State
TCU
Oklahoma
Baylor
Kansas State
West Virginia
Indiana
Michigan State
Ohio State
Iowa
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Toledo
California
UCLA
Utah
Florida
Georgia
Ole Miss
aTm
LSU

Quite a few!

El_Chino

Temple
Navy
Memphis
Houston
Clemson
FSU
Miami
Ok State
TCU
Oklahoma
Baylor
Kansas State
West Virginia
Indiana
Michigan State
Ohio State
Iowa
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Toledo
California
UCLA
Utah
Florida
Georgia
Ole Miss
aTm
LSU

Quite a few!
Navy, Memphis, Houston, Indiana, Iowa, and West Virginia are the biggest surprises.

bachikarn

So Auburn could end up firing 2 coaches 2 years after making BCS Champ games. THIS DECADE

They also forced out Tubberville who gave them an undefeated season. Part of the reason I hate them so much is who the fuck forces out coaches who gave them some of the best success they have ever seen. What a delusional and entitled fanbase.

At least everyone we've lost to is now ranked in the coaches poll.

Also, with TCU and Baylor looking very beatable, I don't think any Big 12 team is going unscathed through the conference so a Big 12 team probably wont make the playoffs this year. It wouldn't surprise me if Texas beats TCU next week honestly

Utah should definitely be ranked ahead of UCLA. Utah's resume looks better at this point.
Though they'll play each other eventually so I guess it'll work itself out in the end.

Ganhyun

Update on the Southern player injured yesterday: He has only moved his hands so far. Coach Richt sent the UGA team plane to pick up and bring his family to Athens to be with him. The UGA AD has stated that they are treating the player as if he were a member of the UGA team and are helping his family with being able to be in Athens with him.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Update on the Southern player injured yesterday: He has only moved his hands so far. Coach Richt sent the UGA team plane to pick up and bring his family to Athens to be with him. The UGA AD has stated that they are treating the player as if he were a member of the UGA team and are helping his family with being able to be in Athens with him.

Wow, that's terrible. Good on the school for doing what they can for the family. Didn't pay any attention to that game, what happened?

Also, Georgia opened as favorites against Bama. And Bama fell in the rankings despite the shutout. Think the one good thing about this matchup is that Georgia's offense is one that Bama's defense should matchup well against, but it doesn't really matter when the offense (QB) is as unreliable as Coker.

Navy, Memphis, Houston, Indiana, Iowa, and West Virginia are the biggest surprises.

Navy's schedule:
Colgate
ECU
UCONN

Houston's schedule:
Tennessee Tech
Louisville
Texas State

Indiana's schedule:
Southern Illinois
Florida Int
Western Kentucky
Wake Forest

I honestly don't think we know if any of those 3 teams are actually good or bad. They've played a lot of really easy games.

Lunar15

Why in the world would they rank Florida? We're in the same spot we've been in the last 11 years. We haven't lost one of our first four games in that long. Nothing means anything yet.

Why in the world would they rank Florida? We're in the same spot we've been in the last 11 years. We haven't lost one of our first four games in that long. Nothing means anything yet.

Grier looked pretty good yesterday at the end of the game and the defense seems at the very least acceptable. More than enough to get on the board as a SEC team.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Wow, that's terrible. Good on the school for doing what they can for the family. Didn't pay any attention to that game, what happened?

Also, Georgia opened as favorites against Bama. And Bama fell in the rankings despite the shutout. Think the one good thing about this matchup is that Georgia's offense is one that Bama's defense should matchup well against, but it doesn't really matter when the offense (QB) is as unreliable as Coker.
As we should have because of the questions on offense.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
That Texas game was probably the worst officiating I've ever seen in a game.

I conceptually still don't understand how a DT can hold an intelligible receiver downfield on a run play, especially when said DT is getting pushed backwards.

I certainly don't know how a referee can chest bump our coach and tack on 15 yards for that.

Several of the calls were close, but every one went against Texas, and negated crucial plays.

Okie St's game tying drive had negative yardage but a shitload of penalty yards.

Thats said, if our offense does anything at all in the second half we win no matter what shit the refs are up to.

Craziest thing about Bama opening as the underdog is its the first time in 72 games, which is nuts

Karl2177

Now Texas fans know what it's like to be an Iowa State fan. Your team is mediocre and the refs won't bail you out, even a little.

mre

Craziest thing about Bama opening as the underdog is its the first time in 72 games, which is nuts
It's either the longest stretch without being a dog or the second longest stretch behind mid 2000s USC. I can't remember which it is.

Ah, well. All things end. Except, apparently, Bobby Williams' employment at Alabama.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Now Texas fans know what it's like to be an Iowa State fan. Your team is mediocre and the refs won't bail you out, even a little.

Naw, we're a long ways off from knowing what its like to be Iowa State fans.

I mean, Sennaca Wallace is still the high point of your program when you were accidentally ranked in the top 10 for that week.

mre

Naw, we're a long ways off from knowing what its like to be Iowa State fans.

I mean, Sennaca Wallace is still the high point of your program when you were accidentally ranked in the top 10 for that week.
I heard ISU is launching the Tall Corn network later this year. They're coming for you, Texas.

mre

I can't...

S9Mq1q9.png

I don't get it. Neither of their mascots are cows (as far as I know - Auburn's 37th mascot could be a cow I suppose).

I looked it up and apparently Bear Bryant once referred to Auburn as "that cow college". The rest of the facts probably don't even matter. It is the Gospel of Bear now and Bama fans will spread His word.

http://collegefootball.about.com/od/rivalries/a/riv-ironbowl.htm

For decades, Alabama football enjoyed a higher profile than their cross-state rival, both in Alabama and across the nation. Auburn always had their share of success, but the perception was that the Tigers were the No. 2 team in their own state. Legendary 'Bama coach Bear Bryant even referred to Auburn as "that cow college on the other side of the state."

cdyhybrid

Top Bottom