• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Four Thread: Keep Calm - There Is No God

El_Chino

Cool weather privilege.
I wish Florida would update its uniform.

florida.jpg

KodaRuss

That Texas game was probably the worst officiating I've ever seen in a game.

I conceptually still don't understand how a DT can hold an intelligible receiver downfield on a run play, especially when said DT is getting pushed backwards.

I certainly don't know how a referee can chest bump our coach and tack on 15 yards for that.

Several of the calls were close, but every one went against Texas, and negated crucial plays.

Okie St's game tying drive had negative yardage but a shitload of penalty yards.

Thats said, if our offense does anything at all in the second half we win no matter what shit the refs are up to.

It is difficult to explain how bad it was. Barking Carnival has an article with all of the gifs/videos of the blown calls. It was depressing.

Even Duke Thomas' fumble recovery which was somewhat 50/50, I just knew that we were not going to get credit for it. Even though it should have been pretty clear he had possession of the ball on the ground and no way that Walsh could have had possession.

florida.jpg

Colors are ok but hell no to that UF logo.

We need the actual gator head on stuff. I'm tired of the girly cursive writing.

By the way, I'd just like to say how great it was waking up a Gator fan today. Can't imagine being a UT fan going back to work this morning with that loss looming over you. Up 27-14 with 4 minutes left in the game and you lose. Sucks.

By the way, I'd just like to say how great it was waking up a Gator fan today. Can't imagine being a UT fan going back to work this morning with that loss looming over you. Up 27-14 with 4 minutes left in the game and you lose. Sucks.

To be fair, that second sentence is still true even if you leave out every word after "UT fan".

El_Chino

The Gator head could work too, I'm actually a fan of that logo so it works both ways for me. It's a damn good day to be a Gator fan, you just don't lose to Tennessee!

Let's get another W at home this Saturday, I smell an upset. Also http://fansided.com/2015/09/27/florida-ole-miss-gainesville-oxford-police-twitter/ Haha.

andycapps

In case any Georgia fans are interested in reading up on what UA is up to this year on offense with an idiot coordinator and a new QB, this is a pretty good primer.

Ha, I don't think it's going to be that easy. Bama is desperate now. One conference loss and they're still in the division race and even playoff race (maybe :jnc). Two losses and they're out. I expect them to bring their A game to Sanford Saturday.

Will be interesting to see how much Bama runs the ball, and how their run defense does. Also, how many do they put in the box? I don't think Chubb will have much success early, it's going to take time to wear down that defense, if possible. Will be the biggest test for our OL thus far. Will also be interesting to see if Schotty's game plan against Sakerlina with short passes works with how much Bama likes to play press coverage.

Also, our pass rush against Coker should be interesting.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Funny how the year after Randy Christal retires from refereeing is the year Texas fans start complaining about refereeing.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Blame your oline not that Coker magic.
Oh yeah, I don't actually blame Coker too much for this one. The O-Line sucked donkey balls, and Kiffin keeps calling these down the field shots despite the fact Coker hasn't connected on a single one.

pxleyes

Banned

florida.jpg

I hate you both. Our uniforms are classy, classic, and sharp as is. Don't EVER change the helmet, but I'm ok with introducing an alternate. The round logo is amazing, but that example is absolutely godawful.

Ha, I don't think it's going to be that easy. Bama is desperate now. One conference loss and they're still in the division race and even playoff race (maybe :jnc). Two losses and they're out. I expect them to bring their A game to Sanford Saturday.

Will be interesting to see how much Bama runs the ball, and how their run defense does. Also, how many do they put in the box? I don't think Chubb will have much success early, it's going to take time to wear down that defense, if possible. Will be the biggest test for our OL thus far. Will also be interesting to see if Schotty's game plan against Sakerlina with short passes works with how much Bama likes to play press coverage.

Also, our pass rush against Coker should be interesting.

Can't do that. The ACC has trademarked and patented the bringing of A games and raised the price by 5000% for everybody else.

Lunar15

I don't see much of a need to change our uniforms, certainly not the helmets. Just never wear the all orange outfits again.

El_Chino

I hate you both. Our uniforms are classy, classic, and sharp as is. Don't EVER change the helmet, but I'm ok with introducing an alternate. The round logo is amazing, but that example is absolutely godawful.

I don't see much of a need to change our uniforms, certainly not the helmets. Just never wear the all orange outfits again.
We probably have the worst helmets in all of the SEC to be honest. The best being Vanderbilt this year in my opinion.

andycapps

Can't do that. The ACC has trademarked and patented the bringing of A games and raised the price by 5000% for everybody else.

I thought you were going to make a joke of Bama's logo being an A.

El_Chino said:
We probably have the worst helmets in all of the SEC to be honest. The best being Vanderbilt this year in my opinion.

How old are you?

I mean really, how much do you have to work with? Your colors are awful, and your team plays the Jaws theme in combination with the Gator Chomp. That's just a confused program.

El_Chino

I thought you were going to make a joke of Bama's logo being an A.

How old are you?

I mean really, how much do you have to work with? Your colors are awful, and your team plays the Jaws theme in combination with the Gator Chomp. That's just a confused program.
I'm 25 and I'm not sure how that applies to anything I'm talking about.

WHAT.

The Gata script is the best thing about our uniforms.

florida.jpg

I really hate them trying to update everything to that stupid serif-alligator-pointy-rawr-its-a-gata-tooth... thing. It's so ugly, so tacky. They've been putting it everywhere ever since we've started sucking.

FLORIDA-FIELD-THUMB.jpg

Removed the UF script in the middle and added the gata head too...ugh.

That's what I appreciate most about Bama's team. Their look is so classic. No spectacle, no fuss. Shit looks timeless.

alabama.jpg

El_Chino

WHAT.

The Gata script is the best thing about our uniforms.

florida.jpg

I really hate them trying to update everything to that stupid serif-alligator-pointy-rawr-its-a-gata-tooth... thing. It's so ugly, so tacky. They've been putting it everywhere ever since we've started sucking.

FLORIDA-FIELD-THUMB.jpg

Removed the UF script in the middle and added the gata head too...ugh.

That's what I appreciate most about Bama's team. Their look is so classic. No spectacle, no fuss. Shit looks timeless.

alabama.jpg
I guess I'm a modernist? Which is ironic considering I grew up in NYC and I'm a die hard Yankee fan but I don't know, common opinion on campus at UF was that everyone disliked the helmet and I'm inclined to agree with them.

Also, it's not like Bama could change their uniform much lol. They are called the Crimson Tide.

I guess I'm a modernist? Which is ironic considering I grew up in NYC and I'm a die hard Yankee fan but I don't know, common opinion on campus at UF was that everyone disliked the helmet and I'm inclined to agree with them.

Also, it's not like Bama could change their uniform much lol. They are called the Crimson Tide.

Really? My friends always liked the script font...

I guess it's expected that we try a bunch of different shit when we're a damn PEPSI SCHOOL ;__;

Lunar15

I'm generally fine with whatever for our uniforms as long as we're not a walking, neon, glitter-fueled fashion show like Oregon.

Or all orange. Just never do all orange.

Also, man, you've got to put quote tags around those images. Way too big.

andycapps

I'm 25 and I'm not sure how that applies to anything I'm talking about.

Guess I'm saying, if something is a good design, why change it?

The only reason I brought up your age is that it seems like our younger generation of fans like to see designs tweaked constantly. We can thank Highlighter U for this.

To be fair, I don't think our uniform has changed much since the 80s.

Florida.jpg

Yeah, I'm not really annoyed with the uniforms really, just the typeface and other styling decisions UF has made lately...

esp this bullshit

BmhhKsM.png

yeah lets just have random bold letters mixed in for no reason. On print ads. What.

Anyway, just scrolled through the UF facebook...man I miss school ;__;

El_Chino

Guess I'm saying, if something is a good design, why change it?

The only reason I brought up your age is that it seems like our younger generation of fans like to see designs tweaked constantly. We can thank Highlighter U for this.
But that's what I'm saying, it isn't a good design and when I was at UF most people didn't like it either. The photo I posted above also shows that the overall uniform design hasn't changed much since the 80s, maybe it's time for a change?
Seriously, it's time to retire the cursive logo.

I would take any of the below over it (Gator head my favorite though except not white helmet)
That's what I'm talking about!! Maybe not so reflective but the design choices are appealing.

El_Chino

Yeah, I'm not really annoyed with the uniforms really, just the typeface and other styling decisions UF has made lately...

esp this bullshit

BmhhKsM.png

yeah lets just have random bold letters mixed in for no reason. On print ads. What.

Anyway, just scrolled through the UF facebook...man I miss school ;__;
Haha blame the graphic designers!
Think we're all in agreement. Fuck the colors Orange and Blue.

;D
God loves Orange and Blue, he proved it last weekend.
Thirsty for another W! ;p

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
haha I actually clicked on that image thinking it was your hotlinked segue to the week 5 thread. It wasn't clickable though and I feel dumb
No, sorry that's just an image from the "please God donate money to our law school" e-mail I got from UF.

andycapps

But that's what I'm saying, it isn't a good design and when I was at UF most people didn't like it either. The photo I posted above also shows that the overall uniform design hasn't changed much since the 80s, maybe it's time for a change?

That's what I'm talking about!! Maybe not so reflective but the design choices are appealing.

Polling 18-22 year olds (which they were at the time) is the last thing I'd do if I were trying to re-do a brand.

Think we're all in agreement. Fuck the colors Orange and Blue.

;D

Yessir.

andycapps

Do the young votes not matter anymore? Haha.

We'll see you at Jacksonville!

I don't know man, the young have brought back parachute pants and other undesirable parts of the 80's and 90's fashion, so there's that.

GA/FL game should be fun this year, but I can't look that far ahead at games. Grier seems decent.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Good thing you guys finally went modern and let some color onto your clothes, black and white is so Penn State.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
BamaCrew: Is it possible for Bo Scarbrough to play this weekend? Was he healed, and would the 1st 4 games count as his suspension? Could he make a difference?

Top Bottom