• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week One Thread: One True Champion(TM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
Yep, Barrett coming in.

This would be a bad idea. We went up 14-0 in like 10 seconds with Cardale. I'm just sensing a little complacency. I mean, look at how we're down: a fumbled punt return. That's just a lost of focus, not the result of some dominant opponent.

We just need to get back to work.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
But for real, we're all expecting it to be 35-0 Ohio State after halftime, right?

If we're honest, yes. 28-10 would have been the best case scenario for VT if TOSU is playing as well as everyone thought. Maybe CFB is approaching....dare I say it....some sort of parity?

Not sure thats a good thing.

Measley

This would be a bad idea. We went up 14-0 in like 10 seconds with Cardale. I'm just sensing a little complacency. I mean, look at how we're down: a fumbled punt return. That's just a lost of focus, not the result of some dominant opponent.

We just need to get back to work.

Yeah, swapping QBs makes it hard for a QB to settle in and get a rhythm going, because as soon as they mess up they get swapped out.

Hopefully, they keep Jones in there at least for the 3rd quarter.

MIMIC

Banned
Yeah, swapping QBs makes it hard for a QB to settle in and get a rhythm going, because as soon as they mess up they get swapped out.

Hopefully, they keep Jones in there at least for the 3rd quarter.

But that's just my humble opinion. The coach knows best, but that would be my suggestion :)

If we're honest, yes. 28-10 would have been the best case scenario for VT if TOSU is playing as well as everyone thought. Maybe CFB is approaching....dare I say it....some sort of parity?

Not sure thats a good thing.

2007 repeat would be hilarious, but I doubt that will happen

At least on this message board we're actually a pretty pessimistic group.

Can't argue about elsewhere, though. :)

Speaking of which, I've noticed Notre Dame "fans" coming out of the woodwork over the past couple of days. I wonder how long after their first loss before we never hear from them again.

Speaking of which, I've noticed Notre Dame "fans" coming out of the woodwork over the past couple of days. I wonder how long after their first loss before we never hear from them again.

Probably after the second ND loss.

How long until we have to listen to that damned Fall Out Boy song?

Isn't this years song Phenomenal by Eminem?

Or whatever the latest is from the FLORIDA-GEORGIA line.

MIMIC

Banned
And honestly, if we lose, I'd be fine with that. After last season, it would be foolish to not be thinking of the big picture already. Early losses NEVER matter, and that was demonstrated perfectly last year.

But of course I'd prefer the win :)

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
It's a yearly cycle. The few, loyal domers like Affie stay here in the good days and the bad. The more Notre Dame gets hyped, the more domers will show up. Then, when they lose to someone they shouldn't, they'll disappear like a fart on the wind, gone until the next season.

Measley

And honestly, if we lose, I'd be fine with that. After last season, it would be foolish to not be thinking of the big picture already. Early losses NEVER matter, and that was demonstrated perfectly last year.

But of course I'd prefer the win :)

I don't want people to get the impression that VT is some sort of OSU kryptonite.

My boyfriend's cracking up. He's never watched an Ohio State game with my mom. Doesn't matter if we're up by 40 poitns with 10 seconds left. She's screaming and begging and pleading.

She's also a Brown's fan, but way more mellow, probably out of necessity. If you got upset everytime Cleveland fucks up, you'd live in a permanent state of mental anguish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom