• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Seven: Meet Texas, your 2015 National Champions

Meier

What an incredible throw and catch. Of course it followed shortly after a 3rd and 19 conversion by Louisville. Our third down D is the worst I've ever seen from a "big" team.

ag-my001

It seems we've been talking about Kirk Ferenzt's buyout for years now. How many years are actually left on his contact? Is it possible he's trying harder now that he might need to start justifying his job?

Meier

It seems we've been talking about Kirk Ferenzt's buyout for years now. How many years are actually left on his contact? Is it possible he's trying harder now that he might need to start justifying his job?

He signed some monster deal ages ago. Think it was a 6 season contract if I recall. Must be nearly over though at this point.

I've never really bought that talk. As much as I love them, I'm also realistic. Iowa is not a premier football school or coaching job. 6-8 wins per year is doing pretty good. I think the administration sees that he gets us that most years and there's no guarantee that someone else would be able to do even as good as Kirk.

That said, I do appreciate that Kirk has loosened up the playbook a bit. I always hated how he would kneel out at halftime with 1:47 left in the 2nd.

FTR: Kirk's contract runs through 2020.

Draxal

They'll lose to Nebraska or something. But 10-2 or 11-1 will be hard to avoid at this rate. They just mentioned on the broadcast that schedule is the worst among all P5 schools. They miss OSU, UM, MSU and PSU. That's just dumb and the B1G should do something so that it never happens again.

Parity scheduling and 9 intra conference game starts in 2017 iirc.

acksman

Hasn't every major program at Baylor been suspected of shadiness, men's basketball, women's basketball, and football?

Good question. I have not heard anything in the past few years. The only program that has been getting hammered around here is SMU.

If I wasn't confident we had 4 more wins on the schedule I'd be worried for now I'm gonna go back into my life of baby prep on my off days

ag-my001

Alright, 3:30 games, I'm ready for you!

20151017_145702_zpshfnhasac.jpg

andycapps

I've never really bought that talk. As much as I love them, I'm also realistic. Iowa is not a premier football school or coaching job. 6-8 wins per year is doing pretty good. I think the administration sees that he gets us that most years and there's no guarantee that someone else would be able to do even as good as Kirk.

That said, I do appreciate that Kirk has loosened up the playbook a bit. I always hated how he would kneel out at halftime with 1:47 left in the 2nd.

FTR: Kirk's contract runs through 2020.
Yeah, but paying him as much as they do for 6-8 wins?

Have you ever been to Memphis?

They could give him the fed ex ceo's salary and he is Still leaving for a decent job offer

Well no, I have not. I assumed he was going to jump somewhere, but I'm just assuming since he's in the south and might have a big win over an SEC team already he's gonna get an offer from an SEC school.

Tamanon

Banned
It always sucks when you can overturn a fumble for the arm going forward, but you can't tack on an illegal grounding because nobody was in the area on the same replay.

jjasper

Ole miss losing their best defensive player on an offensive play and losing after going up 14-0 is easily the most Tennessee thing that will happen this week.

Krissy Cox said:
Losing tests our ability. We want to encourage the team to keep pushing even though we know that no amount of cheering will raise them up.... We continue to support them by cheering for each play as if it were successful.... When it’s clear we aren’t going to win, it’s definitely harder to cheer. Losing by, say, 40 causes a negative energy that is distracting.
God bless you Krissy. <wildcat roar>

Top Bottom