• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Three Thread: Make College Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Being trained to be pessimistic is courtesy of Munson. We could be blowing someone out in a game but we'd be struggling to stop them.

Right, between he and Dooley I'm always worried about the kicker and the long snapper. I mean, holy shit, did you see the size of those guys? They're going to kick it a hundred thousand miles and pin us back in the shadow of our goalposts.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Bama lost a receiver. Not sure how big a part of their passing game he actually is though.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/report-alabama-wr-lost-season-torn-rotator-cuff/

I thought he was performing better than Adarious Stewart, who I think isn't very good (and because he was the "veteran" of the group, is getting way too many looks).

Once Alabama loses it's next game (probably Georgia), I really hope that they burn Barnett's redshirt (or play Cornwell), as they might as well prep a quarterback who will be here for a couple of years, rather than the "win now" quarterback in Coker (last eligible year). Getting stuck on the "1st year QB" train 3 years in a row, isn't good.

andycapps

I thought he was performing better than Adarious Stewart, who I think isn't very good (and because he was the "veteran" of the group, is getting way too many looks).

Once Alabama loses it's next game (probably Georgia), I really hope that they burn Barnett's redshirt (or play Cornwell), as they might as well prep a quarterback who will be here for a couple of years, rather than the "win now" quarterback in Coker (last eligible year). Getting stuck on the "1st year QB" train 3 years in a row, isn't good.

About time for me to start studying Bama, I think. Watched a lot of the game the other day but I'll admit that I fell asleep. Long day.

george_us

Who are they going to lose to in the East? Who? The only team that will challenge them is Tennessee. I think Chubb and Sony will lead you to victory and even with the letdown loss. They can still make the playoffs
This is a Mark Richt coached Georgia team. They can lose to anyone on any given week. Georgia let a Florida team that didn't even throw the ball ten times and was never even a threat to throw the ball run for over 400 yards in route to a 38-20 blowout. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they lost 50 - 10 at Tennessee or something equally bizarre.

andycapps

This is a Mark Richt coached Georgia team. They can lose to anyone on any given week. Georgia let a Florida team that didn't even throw the ball ten times and was never even a threat to throw the ball run for over 400 yards in route to a 38-20 blowout. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they lost 50 - 10 at Tennessee or something equally bizarre.

Pruitt didn't have many problems last year, but run defense was one of them. The defensive line had a problem with a lack of depth.. The starters were getting gassed due to lack of confidence in the players behind them. That issue has been addressed some with recruits this year, but time will tell when we face a power running game in Bama in two weeks how much that has been improved. I have seen quite a bit of freshmen getting playing time so I know they're trying to get them experience. We'll see. Many people before the season started pegged Tennessee as a loss based on their improvement, being at Neyland, and being the week after a physical game with Bama.

I'm really not that concerned with pass defense as it has been pretty great so far.. The areas that I think we may be susceptible is running QB's, and power running game is a question mark. I think the latter is improved but UGA hasn't really been tested yet by a competent offensive line and running back. Derrick Henry and Bama's OL will be a big test. That said, a pocket QB plays to UGA's strengths on the DL with our OLB's that feast on those guys. Mobile QB's that roll out of the pocket or have the mobility to run the option seem to be more of an issue so far with linemen staying with their assignments and playing their gaps.

andycapps

I just can't believe it lol. They barely beat Connecticut.

Missouri is really, really bad. Their defense seems solid, but they have absolutely nothing going on offense.

Lunar15 said:
When do we start playing the "Which College Football Program Will Chip Kelly Land at Next Year" game?

Is it too soon to say Malzahn is on the hot seat?

andycapps

That seems to be the case for most SEC schools, for the exception of Georgia.

Statistically A&M looks good so far, but I'm not sure how much stock to put in their numbers. Same with Tennessee. Bama's lowest scoring game of the year is 35 against Wisconsin. Some decent offenses, but I think it's too soon to know how good these teams are. Gotta wait for a bigger body of work, and for injuries to take their toll so we can see what kind of depth teams have.

mre said:
Week 4 thread coming tonight. Sorry for the delay.

No worries. Appreciate the work you put in to the OPs and the pick 'em. Gave up on Yahoo pick 'em, too much work.

pxleyes

Banned
I have an excuse to post this image twice then.

A4MN4o5.jpg

Bert, I cant....

Bielema on Kingsbury: "He was arrogant, if that’s an a** kicking I’d like to see what last year was"

Bielema: "Was I shocked by his comments? Yeah. In this profession, you handle things a certain way. I don't know what he's referencing."

I have an excuse to post this image twice then.

A4MN4o5.jpg

Nice.

Anyway, about that game: USE THE FUCKING OFFENSE.

I don't know what the issue is (again) but fucking get Demarcus Robinson, Powell, Callaway involved more. At least we used Mcghee this past week but where were the WRs?

We suck at deep balls but are good at short and intermediate passes. Fucking use them. I'm so tired of this "run the ball and pray the defense bails us out" game plan. We've been doing it for 4 fucking years. It got us to a Sugar Bowl in 2012 where we promptly got spanked because having not used the passing game at all that season, we had no response to being down early.

Tennessee's O line is unlikely to give us the luxury of 6 sacks and they are a better running team which will help them open up the pass.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm interested to see how Georgia fucks up what looks to be their best chance to win the SEC ever.

Georgia loses to Alabama in a heartbreaker and gets beat up enough (physically and emotionally) to lose to Tennessee at Neyland the next week. Tennessee loses to Florida, Bama, and Missouri. Georgia stomps Missouri, but Mizzu stumbles into the SEC championship game once again with only one SEC loss.

Actually... That makes too much sense. Switch the Alabama loss with a Kentucky and/or Vandy loss. That's the Mark Richt way.

Georgia loses to Alabama in a heartbreaker and gets beat up enough (physically and emotionally) to lose to Tennessee at Neyland the next week. Tennessee loses to Florida, Bama, and Missouri. Georgia stomps Missouri, but Mizzu stumbles into the SEC championship game once again with only one SEC loss.

Actually... That makes too much sense. Switch the Alabama loss with a Kentucky and/or Vandy loss. That's the Mark Richt way.

Bruh, Mizzou is not going to the SEC Championship this year. No way in God's giant bunghole.

andycapps

Already beat Vandy, so that possibility is gone.

Have you watched Missouri? Vandy might beat them this year. I think Kentucky probably will.

Just a friendly reminder to everyone that Finebaum starts in less than half an hour. Should be a great show.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Already beat Vandy, so that possibility is gone.

Have you watched Missouri? Vandy might beat them this year. I think Kentucky probably will.

I forgot that you guys already played Vandy. I actually watched that game too lol.

I watched parts of the Uconn game. They look dreadful. But four weeks into last season you could have said the same about the 2014 Mizzu tigers. The problem is that everyone in the East looks highly beatable outside of Georgia, and Mizzu plays beatable competition from the west while Georgia and Tennessee play Alabama.

I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. On paper the East should be a fight between Tennessee and Georgia (with Florida in the wings), but the East never seems to play out like it should lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom