• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Two Thread: OSU KOs VPI, forfeits bid to repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Just got home from the Ohio State game. Buckeyes defense was on point but the offense played like a big brown log of nutty poo.
I think the most comforting takeaway from this weekend is that everyone looked like ass today.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Offense line still looks terrible but Heard looks good.

Saw the little bit they had earlier about the Freshman making plays for UT and noticed he had a decent number of stats accrued for that early in the 3rd quarter, which led me to the ESPN box score site where I noticed Swoopes has no stats accrued. Did Heard start? Thought Strong said a few days ago that Swoopes was still his man.

Plasmid

State fans
kyYh46c.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
seriously, Bright House. You have the SEC Network, but you won't let it be shown on WatchESPN. Really?

Heard some strange stuff happening. Something like USCe scored, down by 2, goes for 2 and Kentucky picks it off and runs it back for 2, and now leading by 4. 26-22

KodaRuss

Saw the little bit they had earlier about the Freshman making plays for UT and noticed he had a decent number of stats accrued for that early in the 3rd quarter, which led me to the ESPN box score site where I noticed Swoopes has no stats accrued. Did Heard start? Thought Strong said a few days ago that Swoopes was still his man.

I thought Swoopes was supposed to start as well but that must have changed because the LHN announcers said they were not sure who would start. So Heard started and he has looked really good.

Unfortunately our defense doesn't look that great... Giving up a lot of yards.

Good play calling and decent execution on offense. Occasionally the O line Fs up their assignments horribly though.

If Jerrod Heard is ever not the starting QB again I'll go to Austin and kneecap Swoopes myself.

Let him be VY and let's right this fucking ship before it sinks. This is a young team, most of the major contributing players are sophomores or freshman. Let them grow. Let them play. And for fucks sake never let Shawn Watson call a play ever again.

Oh lerd, that was piss poor. I expected a drop from last week but that was a nose dive. We played tonight like I expected us to play last week: excessive penalties, poor run blocking, poor QB play. Sadly, I think this performance is more indicative of what this team is going to be like this year. And the defense started out so promising, but kind of shat the bed at the end there. What a gift the ECU QB pulling a Jameis and fumbling like that.

But hey at least I'm not a Tennessee fan. Hahahaha that must have been BRUTAL being at that game. Still, I'd feel comfortable about playing the SEC this year if I were them. I would not be surprised if they beat us at all. We will lose probably 4-5 games.

And what an amusing turn of events with Bilema and Arkansas. A few days after talking shit about another team's soft schedule, they lose to Toledo. I love college football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom