• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Two Thread: OSU KOs VPI, forfeits bid to repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
The fact WSU threw the ball 66 times and never got called for holding is a bit perplexing to me.

Laviano has a noodle arm.

DC refused to blitz at all and the open field tackling was putrid.

Didn't watch the game, but isn't Leach's offense predicated on quick throws? Not odd that there wouldn't be a holding call if the QB isn't holding the ball long.

RBH

1428016427661788194.gif

Didn't watch the game, but isn't Leach's offense predicated on quick throws? Not odd that there wouldn't be a holding call if the QB isn't holding the ball long.

Falk was having 4 to 5 seconds to find a target each play. They weren't 2 step drop and throw.

Draxal

He had all the time in the world, I mean they were definitely holding at times (incidental or not), but our line was losing the los battle without the holds as we were dropping to many people back.

ag-my001

I got one cover pick right this week.

I'm second in total points on yahoo (ignoring the low drop).

I should never, ever gamble.

lush

I don't really feel any different the morning after the loss. Despite the decreased expectations and optimism, the loss still hurts pretty bad. I've felt it in the past but I think it may finally be time to step away from following the program, there's just no point. I suppose it's a factor having missed the 90s, all the success of the program really. Tennessee has been down ever since I've been a fan/student/followed them. Butch is what we thought he is though, a recruiting machine/pr man and a below average gameday coach. The ceiling for this program with him at the helm is maybe being able to out-talent some teams a year or so down the road, so Fulmer 02-07 I guess? But yeah, after blowing a 17 point lead(apparently a Neyland record) against a 4-5 loss Oklahoma team you had on the ropes to start the 2nd quarter in front of the best crowd Neyland can offer, it's just kind of hard to move on or feel positive in the slightest about the trajectory of the program.

Since I'll probably fail following through with my self-imposed exile, I look forward to watching Tennessee lose in embarrassing fashion to an inferior Florida team in 2 weeks. Go Vols.

KingGondo

Banned
The thing that still stands out to me is the FG attempt from the 1/2 yard line early in the game.

Never liked that move and in retrospect it might have cost them the game.

lush

The thing that still stands out to me is the FG attempt from the 1/2 yard line early in the game.

Never liked that move and in retrospect it might have cost them the game.

After running Kamara on 3rd and 1 rather than Hurd. I think most fans knew that would come back to bite them in the ass. Really did foreshadow how the rest of the game would be called once we had a lead, conservative and scared. Jones is a loser.

Westonian

BYU won on another Hail Mary? What are the chances??

I feel like we've used up all of our miracles for the season. Next week at UCLA is going to be a lot tougher than either Nebraska or Boise. And the week after that we head to Michigan. Mangum looked like a freshman QB a lot of the game. I think he's going to be special, but he's still got some growing pains.

More than anything, I was impressed with our defense. The first half it seemed like Boise was starting every drive inside BYU territory and they got nothing out of it. If the offense really starts clicking with a defense to back it up, this could be a special year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom