• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Two Thread: OSU KOs VPI, forfeits bid to repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the same bullshit that Muschamp used which has severely weakened the program. Can't believe we have to endure the same thing with McElwain. So far, he's not giving me any reason to rethink my initial opinion about his hire.

To be fair, he's a new coach still evaluating players in game situations.

Something was definitely off tonight though. I agree the QB rotation thing can't go on like that forever. Grier looked like shit in this game. I would start Treon next and keep him there if he's playing ok.

Jonm1010

Banned
The fact we are in this position is absurd. We dominated MSU early. Absolutely dominated. And in typical Miles fashion we let off the gas and here we are. Another cardiac finish.

Ryuuroden

Did anyone here comment on the fact that someone spread ashes at the feet of Tim Tebow's statue in Gainesville.......

https://twitter.com/aadelsonESPN/status/642813365212049408/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

COu7UOUWUAA4Bd6.jpg

Gaters......

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I can't even be happy, really. The playcalling was fucking dogshit after we scored the 2nd TD. Harris can sling the ball, and MSU's secondary is complete trash. Southern Miss torched them!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
How about that spot on that drive, though? The MSU WR was at least 2 yards short and they gave him the first. That was atrocious. The spots were pretty terrible all night, to be honest.

What a choke job by MSU.

Both choked. Miles did his typical we have a lead let's try to burn some clock bullshit that lets the other team come back.

Logan is really, really nice, can't speak for the other places though.

also the SEC West, where you get your quality wins and losses by beating yourself

Good game yesterday. Hopefully you guys are a much better team than I thought after week 1, because I wasn't feeling very confident after that game.

Jonm1010

Banned
lucky ass lsu
You said it. LSU is their own worst enemy more often then not. The conservative play calling. The poor discipline. You look at the talent they acquire and it just seems like for years now everyone underperforms here.

All this horsepower and no one that knows how to drive the damn car.

Good game yesterday. Hopefully you guys are a much better team than I thought after week 1, because I wasn't feeling very confident after that game.

Most everyone is happier after losing vs. Utah (which was a winnable game) than the win against Southern Utah the week before. We have a tough game at Washington next week that can go either way (we get some VERY key pieces of our offense back from suspension next week) and then have a week off before conference play.

The collective "best case" this year was winning 2 out of 3 between Utah, BYU, and Washington and then beating Boise in Logan so we can control our own destiny in the MWC. We could still have a four loss team and that would be OK too. It's extremely hard to recruit to USU so we have to make do with what we can get.

Also, for all the flame that Heupel got at Oklahoma he called a very good game vs. the Utes. So there's some optimism there that he might work out as OC.

Doesn't help that the only bright spot for this young team was our QB and he got injured on literally the first series.
True. This is a situation where had we won last week, it wouldn't be as bad. I mean we lost our most experienced offensive player. But now I'm not sure if we win next week.

I don't want to be like Florida or USF and lose to a FCS team.

Nialrot

True. This is a situation where had we won last week, it wouldn't be as bad. I mean we lost our most experienced offensive player. But now I'm not sure if we win next week.

I don't want to be like Florida or USF and lose to a FCS team.

At this point I'll take a solid victory over USF and call it a season.

We have literally one of the youngest teams in the country and just want to get the young guys some experience going forward.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Assuming Stanford covers I will end up with 7 points this week I think. If UCF somehow pulls it closer I could get 8.

Better than I'm doing on Yahoo, which is good since the GAF pickem is the one that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom