• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Two Thread: OSU KOs VPI, forfeits bid to repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herbie is an idiot, yes losing to a highly ranked team should hurt you. As long as they recover then they might get shot but yeah, losses count against you.

1-loss should still get you in. But ORE will have to be perfect from here on out. Not going to be easy with USC being really good this year.

How soon we forget Darron Thomas

At least Darron Thomas had legit speed. Adams has terrible burst/speed and way to slow to react to the defense closing in.

Kevtones

Ah well. I can't be mad at Adams, he made some bad throws but I think he did really well under the circumstances.

gg Sparty.

This. Good for Sparty. We choked a bit but that's okay. Adams showed some grit and getting Bralon doing what he did is huge.

Oregon could've very easily won this game. The defense looked a lot better even with the lapses. Pretty confident moving forward.

He was the winningest QB in school history for awhile there!

I feel way better about the team coming off this game than I did last week.

I don't. Adams is awful. That defense is still terrible in crunch time (i.e., 3rd and 4th downs) and they can't tackle. MSU's offense played poorly. Had Oregon played tOSU, score would have been 40+ easily.

One loss, as long as at least two other champions have one loss.

True, but based on what I have seen so far, I don't see anyone except maybe tOSU go undefeated (mostly due to their absolute cakewalk of a schedule).

Kevtones

Man, if Oregon had Allen and Carrington this receiving core might be one of the best in the history of CFB.

Historical pain from knowing that Carrington and Addison could've played in the MNC last year. Allen too if he hadn't been hurt on the opening kick against FSU.

FUUUUU bad luck.

Mormons are pleasant as hell everywhere except the football field and basketball court. Then, they turn into rabid WWE actors. :(

This is my experience as well. Some of the nicest people you'll meet, even if you don't follow their faith, but man oh man sports turns them into monsters.

Man, if Oregon had Allen and Carrington this receiving core might be one of the best in the history of CFB.

Historical pain from knowing that Carrington and Addison could've played in the MNC last year. Allen too if he hadn't been hurt on the opening kick against FSU.

FUUUUU bad luck.

Playmakers are useless if the quarterback is struggling to feed them the ball.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Because I don't think they have an outlet for that aggression otherwise.

Probably true. All vices are essentially verboten in the faith. In my stake (essentially like saying an archdiocese for a catholic), church basketball was banned for a year because of some fights and general horrible sportsmanship.

Kevtones

Playmakers are useless if the quarterback is struggling to feed them the ball.

Obviously. Historical pain from not having Mariota still.

Adams wasn't 100% though and I like him moving forward. That missed TD was terrible but he's going to keep getting better. I see him taking another step.

Probably true. All vices are essentially verboten in the faith. In my stake (essentially like saying an archdiocese for a catholic), church basketball was banned for a year because of some fights and general horrible sportsmanship.

And look not to insult the faith or anything but, that's really, really not healthy.

Obviously. Historical pain from not having Mariota still.

Adams wasn't 100% though and I like him moving forward. That missed TD was terrible but he's going to keep getting better. I see him taking another step.

I know it's already a meme but the guy really has been on campus for all of five minutes. He's going to get more comfortable, and hopefully healthier as well.

I get it, then you have to blame Helfrich for playing him despite his injury and his lack of familiarity with the system. The easy decision here would have been to play Lockie at least for this game. Poor guy must be feeling horrible being surpassed on the depth chart by a QB who can't throw more than a 20-yd completion.

inm8num2

"Come to Michigan State." - Mark Dantonio

coachd.gif

Jonm1010

Banned
Les Miles has never had a killer instinct.

This game should of been over already. Now we are playing not to lose and MSU is clawing their way back.

Jhriad

Haven't been able to watch much more than the A&M game and Nebraska game this weekend since I'm visiting some friends out of town. We looked a bit better this week. There are still some things to work out but we're getting there. Wish I could have seen some of the Michigan State game.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Make a god damn decision, McElwain. Stop flipping QBs; stop bringing in every player on the roster. This isn't preseason or spring. Stick with your starters.
It's the same bullshit that Muschamp used which has severely weakened the program. Can't believe we have to endure the same thing with McElwain. So far, he's not giving me any reason to rethink my initial opinion about his hire.

Kevtones

I get it, then you have to blame Helfrich for playing him despite his injury and his lack of familiarity with the system. The easy decision here would have been to play Lockie at least for this game. Poor guy must be feeling horrible being surpassed on the depth chart by a QB who can't throw more than a 20-yd completion.

Meh. Disagree. I don't think Lockie would've done better tonight and it's not something worth arguing.

I'm actually more confident in this team now than I was after last week. If Oregon completes its layup against GSA next week and looks good against Utah - I think Oregon can very easily run the table if they get past USC.

Long-range if Oregon/MSU are battling for a final playoff spot I also think Oregon would get the edge. People would say 'well Adams was injured' or 'an overthrow in the final minute cost them the game they could've very easily won it'. Mental gymnastics would definitely be afoot.

Jonm1010

Banned
I can't fucking believe this shit.

I truly do understand why LSU fans are always calling for Les Miles head. This second half has been a pathetic display of coaching ineptitude.

We consistently have so much talent come through this program but while here they almost always underperform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom