• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Championship Week: Of Meaningless Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Any team that lets Appleby throw for almost 300 yards shouldn't be in the playoffs.

That might be the worst victory I've ever seen. But it's a victory. 10 wins! Also fuck Baylor.

iQRwB.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Any team that lets Appleby throw for almost 300 yards shouldn't be in the playoffs.

So boring to see a team play so incredibly sloppy wind up with 50+ points. Still looking for those elusive 70 point games people whip out at times.

Kevtones

Is UO going after him? He'd be a solid pick. Rebuilt that USF program quite well.

Seems like it.

He and Harsin got interviewed but Tony Dungy endorsed Taggart. Dungy knows the program super well as his son transferred from the UofO to USF (lack of PT) and he lived in Eugene while his son played there.

If Wisconsin wins, Ohio State is definitely in the playoffs. However, if Penn State wins it makes the committee's decision a bit harder since Penn State would be Big 10 champions AND they have a win over Ohio State. Hard to put Ohio State above Penn State given that, but Ohio State has the big edge for non conference wins.

So boring to see a team play so incredibly sloppy wind up with 50+ points. Still looking for those elusive 70 point games people whip out at times.

It's weird. We had 300+ total yards. How many 500+ yards have we had this season only to end up with around 33 points? The ceiling on this team is ridiculously high.

If Wisconsin wins, Ohio State is definitely in the playoffs. However, if Penn State wins it makes the committee's decision a bit harder since Penn State would be Big 10 champions AND they have a win over Ohio State. Hard to put Ohio State above Penn State given that, but Ohio State has the big edge for non conference wins.
If Clemson wins the B1G champion is irrelevant.

ryseing

Seems like it.

He and Harsin got interviewed but Tony Dungy endorsed Taggart. Dungy knows the program super well as his son transferred from the UofO to USF (lack of PT) and he lived in Eugene while his son played there.

Taggart would be a much better choice than Harsin. Rebuilding>maintaining.

USF is fun as hell to watch too.

Hell, maybe y'all could get some FL recruits out of the deal.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Alabama: Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl (CFP) vs. #4 ranked team in CFP
Auburn: Sugar Bowl vs. Oklahoma
Florida: Outback Bowl
LSU: Citrus Bowl
Kentucky: TaxSlayer Bowl vs. Georgia Tech
Tennessee: Music City Bowl vs. Nebraska
Texas A&M: Texas Bowl
Arkansas: Belk Bowl vs. Virginia Tech (Barring upset of Clemson tonight)
Georgia: Liberty Bowl
South Carolina: Birmingham Bowl
Vanderbilt: Independence Bowl

No mention of Miss. State in article, but seems they're headed to Vegas, possibly.

Copied from elsewhere, sec bowl destinations

tebunker

Banned
Even before subtracting negative plays, it doesn't look like they broke 60 yards.

Bama is going to turn every team in the Playoffs one dimensional, the opponent is going to need lights out QB, see tonight, to win. anOSU has the Defense, Clemson has the QB, I feel like UW has good skill players, but I do not see one team with all of the pieces.

Can JT play lights out and that oline hold up for anOSU D to make a play like against UM and MSU? Can Watson carry Clemson like he almost did last year?

Is Browning able to hit those receivers before getting blown up, and can that D handle the Bama Run game?

I am not saying Bama is perfect, by no means no, but they do seem to have the least questions.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Bama is going to turn every team in the Playoffs one dimensional, the opponent is going to need lights out QB, see tonight, to win. anOSU has the Defense, Clemson has the QB, I feel like UW has good skill players, but I do not see one team with all of the pieces.

Can JT play lights out and that oline hold up for anOSU D to make a play like against UM and MSU? Can Watson carry Clemson like he almost did last year?

Is Browning able to hit those receivers before getting blown up, and can that D handle the Bama Run game?

I am not saying Bama is perfect, by no means no, but they do seem to have the least questions.

Watson and Clemson definitely scare me the most of the potential opponents. Great as that game was I am not hoping for a rematch.

I can't unsee that now. ;-|

So we watching PSU or Clemp? Do I need to ask?

Fox coverage is damn near unbearable to me. And Herbstreit seems to be reigning back his soapboxing while calling games this year.

But I switched to Penn St/Wiscy and forgot to change it back until the 2nd Badger TD.

Mrbob

Penn St? Yes. Wisconsin could win by 100 and I don't think they jump then.
Let's start comparing scores of wins/ losses between Wisconsin and osu... Going to get interesting if the badgers blow out Penn St tonight. Though you are probably right Urbz will make sure osu gets in.

Let's start comparing scores of wins/ losses between Wisconsin and osu... Going to get interesting if the badgers blow out Penn St tonight. Though you are probably right Urbz will make sure osu gets in.

1 loss vs 2 loss and head to head, there done.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Today been pretty boring honestly. If VT scores here at maybe the ACC stays interesting. IDK why I should expect close games given today's matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom