• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Championship Week: Of Meaningless Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntoneM

Truefact neither Colorado or Washington had to play Colorado or Washington in the regular season. 10 team 9 conference game round robin is the only true champion*.

*Not available in Big 12.

Slurmer

Banned
Does anyone think Ohio State will not get a playoff spot. And if so, why?

I still think it's possible depending on how the championship games play out. The selection committee is at risk for looking wishy-washy after placing such a focus on conference championships in previous years. I'm also an OSU fan and just kind of pessimistic in general when it comes to my fandom in all sports (even though OSU is the only team I follow that has had regular success lately).

If Clemson wins they're in and if Washington wins they're in. I could see PSU being put in over OSU if they win the conference title.

Edit:. As I type this now and read it, it really seems unlikely OSU is left out.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Damn, that dude got fucking destroyed.

I think that's targeting btw... he hit him in the head on purpose... he went UP not into.

Side note: PJ Fleck needs to go to Oregon.

Nialrot

Damn, that dude got fucking destroyed.

I think that's targeting btw... he hit him in the head on purpose... he went UP not into.

Side note: PJ Fleck needs to go to Oregon.

Surprised, good no call actually.

Didn't launch, no use of the helmet and hit him in he upper chest area.

WR just got destroyed.

Liufau is gonna make the NFL somehow.

Edit: Whelp, there goes Michigan's playoff hopes with that.
giphy.gif

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
This game has become the battle over who can give their opponent better field position.

He's just a smidge over 6' and doesn't have a rocket arm, he's probably not going to be a big time pro prospect.

I think he'll be a pretty good QB at the next level though. Accuracy doesn't come with time, that's something you just kind of have or don't and he has it.

If Chad Pennington after 3 shoulder surgeries could carve out a career I think Browning can.

Slo

I see a lot of Favre in this kid. Rolling right and throwing late across the middle. Havin' fun out there. Slangin'.

andycapps

I think he'll be a pretty good QB at the next level though. Accuracy doesn't come with time, that's something you just kind of have or don't and he has it.

If Chad Pennington after 3 shoulder surgeries could carve out a career I think Browning can.
I never know what makes a good pro qb anymore. Some people like Aaron Murray that threw all the pro passes in college and knows how to read every defense has never gotten a shot.

Dumb thing is that I've seen Murray make throws that a lot of QB's can't make. There's not a ton of great QB's in the pros, and there are some good ones after them, but there's a lot that just aren't good. Not sure why they don't get one of the good second string guys out there.

It all depends on who you get drafted by and if they have an established QB or not. In his case, Alex Smith was ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom