• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Championship Week: Of Meaningless Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This comes to mind as I watch this game:

"Alabama has missed tackles on only 7.6% of their attempts this season, easily the best in the country.

The NCAA average is 13.4%"

Kevtones

It really wasn't one of Ross' better catches but just HORRIBLE defense. Not sure what the CU corner was doing.

CU just as lucky on that KO :lol

Looks like USC will end up in the Rose Bowl. But who would the committee send the Big10 champ or Michigan.

Well unless Clemson choke tomorrow and big10 champ and Michigan are on the outside of the playoffs

HTupolev

WA rushing game is looking stupidly good. Keeps making several yards beyond what looks like should have happened.

Moved on from beer. Turns out my bartender makes an amazing French 75. :D

Looks like USC will end up in the Rose Bowl. But who would the committee send the Big10 champ or Michigan.

Well unless Clemson choke tomorrow and big10 champ and Michigan are on the outside of the playoffs

Is the Rose Bowl obligated to take the B1G champ (assuming champ doesn't get in)? I imagine they'd rather have Michigan, especially if they're going to wind up with Colorado on the other side.

Is the Rose Bowl obligated to take the B1G champ (assuming champ doesn't get in)? I imagine they'd rather have Michigan, especially if they're going to wind up with Colorado on the other side.

Pac12 and big10 have tie ins but don't know if it has to be champs baring playoff teams. But they can take a at large group of 5 team every 5 years or so. But no group of 5 teams look likely this year.

They took TCU a few years ago over a pac12 team. Might of been when stanford ended up in the fiesta bowl.

Pac12 and big10 have tie ins. But they can take a at large group of 5 team every 5 years or so. But no group of 5 teams look likely this year.

They took TCU a few years ago over a pac12 team. Might of been when stanford ended up in the fiesta bowl

Right. But in a scenario where they have, say, a B1G champ Wisconsin and likely big money draw Michigan available, do they have to take Wisconsin? Because it would suck for Wisconsin or Penn State if they missed out on the playoffs AND the Rose Bowl.

edit: speaking of aussiedudes, whatever happened to that Aussie dude that rooted for Ole Miss?

Right. But in a scenario where they have, say, a B1G champ Wisconsin and likely big money draw Michigan available, do they have to take Wisconsin? Because it would suck for Wisconsin or Penn State if they missed out on the playoffs AND the Rose Bowl.

Im sure the other (big10 champ or Michigan) will get the at large for the cotton bowl afainst Navy/Western Michigan

Edit: Orange bowl also could be Big10

edit: speaking of aussiedudes, whatever happened to that Aussie dude that rooted for Ole Miss?

No. Not an Rebels fan. Stanford and Pac12 fan. Almost picked Wisconsin as my team to be the wisconsin double with the packers.

But TV networks were showing pac12 FSN games at one stage in the late 2000s here. Along with all the ESPN games

No. Not an Rebels fan. Stanford and Pac12 fan. Almost picked Wisconsin as my team to be the wisconsin double with the packers.

But TV networks were showing pac12 FSN games at one stage in the late 2000s here. Along with all the ESPN games

There was someone else. I think he disappeared after the season they had...

There was someone else. I think he disappeared after the season they had...

Its a bit easier to be a Pac12 fan with the tomezones in australia. Have to get up at 3 or 5 am for 1pm NFL games depending on the time of the year.

And we have a pac12 tv deal on foxsports along with the games ESPN show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom