• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Championship Week: Of Meaningless Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Via sb nation

Yes, the ESPN Playoff selection show is *four* hours long. But the top 4 is around 12:30 ET, with the top 25 around 2:30 ET.
Wha... why? build up motherfuckers.. that's basic marketing 101..

It shouldn't be 4 hours obviously.. but if you want to keep eye balls you make them watch it all..

Don't give the pay off at the beginning

andycapps

Please do your part and don't watch the selection show. They're doing it for ratings. Don't give them yours. Will get my news online.

ag-my001

ESPN continuing to ruin the CFP. The only reason we have rankings before this week is so that they have their weekly shows about it and discussion fodder.
I'm fine with a few preview rankings, but leave the week before championship weekend empty. It saves them the embarrassment of another 3 -> 6 drop after a win, and tells the teams to just win as best they can.

HeySeuss

Wha... why? build up motherfuckers.. that's basic marketing 101..

It shouldn't be 4 hours obviously.. but if you want to keep eye balls you make them watch it all..

Don't give the pay off at the beginning

I guess process of elimination would take away from the top 4 if they built up to it. Besides, do you really wanna set though all those lesser bowls that you've never heard of? I know I don't care about the buttcrack jack links beef jerky Paul Bunyan's axe bowl...

HeySeuss

Man they're about one wrong comment away from having a full out street fight lol

And lol @ "business as usual at Bama". Well no shit, they're undefeated and the clear top team. They've got nothing to worry about.

I'm actually kind of anxious about this last playoff spot.
I have this odd feeling a bomb is about to get dropped by the committee.

I've been feeling uneasy. Best 4 teams in my mind are clearly the same that were ranked their last week. I feel like Penn State is gonna hurt someone's feelings, though.

bgbball31

Best 4 teams?

Alabama, OSU, Michigan, Clemson

Teams that will get in?

Alabama, OSU, Clemson, Washington

The fact that ESPN even needs to act like Penn St. or Michigan has a shot is dumb.

(Save for later in case I'm completely wrong!)

RBH

Cy2VgtxW8AAE3E-.jpg:large

Cy2WkIgXEAAlgkd.jpg:large

HeySeuss

It also makes no sense. If any team should have moved up it's Washington.

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Washington
4. Clemson

It makes a little sense in that the committee made the move giving the nod to the value of a conference championship. It's not the be all end all, but it does play a part.

Cday

Banned
It makes a little sense in that the committee made the move giving the nod to the value of a conference championship. It's not the be all end all, but it does play a part.

Washington also won one and it was more impressive than barely beating Va. Tech. That's just my feeling on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom