• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Championship Week: Of Meaningless Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draconian

Alright I guess I'll go ahead and post my prediction. first % is how confident I am they are in that spot, the second % is how I feel their chances are of being somewhere in the final 4.

1. Alabama (100%) (100%)
2. Clemson (50%) (100%)
3. Ohio State (50%) (80%)
4. Washington (40%) (70%)

5. Penn State (50%) (50%)
6. Oklahoma (75%) (0%)

How can you be 50% or more confident for 5 teams to be in the final 4?

Penn State beat 2 and 6 in the last few weeks and now has the title of conference champ of the toughest confern CE and the head to head win over Ohio State. Sorry Buckeyes

Also lost to Pitt and got destroyed by Michigan.

OSU's strong ooc (Oklahoma road win) is whats keeping them so much higher.

lock of the century for bama to repeat

TCU shouldnt have played a shit OOC and they wouldnt have had to worry about it

It's hard to predict when your OOC is going to be good or shit. Most you can do is not schedule FCS or non Power 5 teams, which let's be honest everyone does at least one of those two things.

Ourobolus

Banned
Congratulations to Penn State for winning a conference title so quickly after helping an old man rape little kids. In America, anything is possible as long as your fans travel.

Yep, Trace McSorley and James Franklin did a fantastic job.

Also lost to Pitt and got destroyed by Michigan.

OSU's strong ooc (Oklahoma road win) is whats keeping them so much higher.
Yeah, this is the factor here. While I kinda agree with who you were responding to (in the sense that the B1G was the most competitive conference this year), the ooc is gonna determine this.

Cday

Banned
Ohio State is the biggest ratings draw in the country. They are in.

It's actually because of other stuff like winning many football games and beating highly ranked teams that are still highly ranked at the end of the year and not losing as many football games as other teams. Pretty complicated stuff.

Yup. And why they won't be at 4. Need to get that matchup w/ Bama in the final.

Except they were 4 in 2014.

UW had the same record against the CFP top 25 as Ohio State.

Anthony Gimino
‏@AGWildcatReport
When Michigan scheduled Colorado, Buffs had 6 straight losing seasons.
When Wash. scheduled Rutgers, Knights had 24 Ws in three years.

HeySeuss

Ohio State is the biggest ratings draw in the country. They are in.

Not only do they deserve in on their own merit, but this will ensure this debate goes nowhere else other than message board banter.

The committee was disappointed with how much last year's playoff ratings fell compared to the first year. Ohio State gives them the best chance of bringing it back up to where they want it to be.

Let's not pretend that there is anything more important than revenue generated by viewership.

shit 538 says were in? Whelp guess the rose bowls ok

Cyzu1szXUAEKI7M.jpg

If they decide Penn State deserves it over Ohio State is it to late to say we paid the refs against Michigan and that they should be in?
I would be okay with this...

But Gobias look at the bright side..

We can watch Bama shit all over them if they take them over us..

Not only do they deserve in on their own merit, but this will ensure this debate goes nowhere else other than message board banter.

The committee was disappointed with how much last year's playoff ratings fell compared to the first year. Ohio State gives them the best chance of bringing it back up to where they want it to be.

Let's not pretend that there is anything more important than revenue generated by viewership.
New Year's Eve games... No team was saving that train wreck.

Ourobolus

Banned
And replaced by James Franklin a man who covered up a rape scandal of his own.

this is news to me

that's fucked up

pardon my ignorance, but my cursory search just now shows that he lied about seeing the video, but it was essentially in favor of the victims (as in "i didn't see the video, but yes, it happened)?

I'm really glad all of those people are gone

As much as Franklin and the current PSU leadership did.

this assumes that nothing comes out in the future that shows Trump is a pedo
Well Franklin's program at Vandy only raped grown women. So I guess that's a step up.

Subitai

Eh SVP is right, this is all pointless unless a key player gets injured on Bama.
Trump raped little boys?
Allegedly (so far) raped teenage girl sex slaves on Jeffery Epstein's plane and island. Media probably won't dig into it more though, because of the evidence confirming that Bill Clinton has been to both of those places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom