• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Championship Week: Of Meaningless Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Eh SVP is right, this is all pointless unless a key player gets injured on Bama.

Allegedly (so far) raped teenage girl sex slaves on Jeffery Epstein's plane and island. Media probably won't dig into it more though, because of the evidence confirming that Bill Clinton has been to both of those places.
You mean like a starting linebacker or starting cornerback?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Eh SVP is right, this is all pointless unless a key player gets injured on Bama.

Allegedly (so far) raped teenage girl sex slaves on Jeffery Epstein's plane and island. Media probably won't dig into it more though, because of the evidence confirming that Bill Clinton has been to both of those places.

Eddy Jackson was a big loss. Hamilton is probably done but LB is probably the deepest position on the roster.

Clemson and to a lesser extent Washington have good shots at Bama. If you have a good passing QB (or better, dual threat and a good passer) and some good tall or fast (or both) receivers that can get open, you can score points. Ole Miss did it. Florida even managed a little with their terrible QB. Austin Allen put up good numbers too. Basically, beat Bama by beating their merely average secondary.

Late night look-in at State College on SportsCenter. I haven't seen Penn State students this riled up at night since they rioted over Joe Paterno getting fired for harboring a child rapist.

Ourobolus

Banned
They're there forever unless you decapitate the football program.

There are, at least so far, fewer of them at the moment (my wife and I are examples) due to the whole Freed report and the rest of the revelations. I don't think it's strange to be able to condemn the actions of the past assholes and still support the new blood that is just there playing football and, you know, not fucking children.

I hope a lot more get on board, I still have friends that want the JoePa statue back and I just get into heated arguments with them on just how absolutely ridiculous it is.

cdyhybrid

There are, at least so far, fewer of them at the moment (my wife and I are examples) due to the whole Freed report and the rest of the revelations. I don't think it's strange to be able to condemn the actions of the past assholes and still support the new blood that is just there playing football and, you know, not fucking children.

I hope a lot more get on board, I still have friends that want the JoePa statue back and I just get into heated arguments with them on just how absolutely ridiculous it is.
It's nice to want things.

Way to fucking go Wisconsin.

Now there's a little doubt in my mind we get it. Although I still think we're in.

It'd be absolute shit to get left out by barely losing by 3 on the road to a couple of fluke kick blocks on a windy nasty night, otherwise the year was fantastic.

cdyhybrid

V4fGOer.png

This will be the biggest debate in the room for the next 12 hours

CyzpfhKXUAAj_7d.jpg

I think if I was on the committee this would be a huge factor....and it gives the committee an out. My prediction--
1 Bama vs 4 Psu
2 Clemson vs 3 OSU

They will drop OSU to 3 bc of no chanpionship (which will mean nothing).

Ourobolus

Banned
I think if I was on the committee this would be a huge factor....and it gives the committee an out. My prediction--
1 Bama vs 4 Psu
2 Clemson vs 3 OSU

They will drop OSU to 3 bc of no chanpionship (which will mean nothing).
Yeah if anything the debate will be UW vs PSU, not OSU vs PSU. Not sure how that would turn out though.

Top 4 will stay the same. Only change I can see even being possible is swapping OSU and Clemson because of the conference championship, but I think that is probably a long shot because of Clemson not winning decisively last night.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Seems super obvious that the committee will go Alabama, Clemson, OSU, Washington. The ONLY debate is OSU or PSU...personally I'd put in PSU. They won the head to head and the conference...those should overwhelm the one loss difference (imo).

AP top 10

New AP top 10:
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Washington
5. Penn State
6. Michigan
7. Oklahoma
8. Wisconsin
9. USC
10. FSU

At Cincinnati, sources tell FootballScoop Tommy Tuberville has made decision to step down footballscoop.com/news/sources-t…

Brian Kelly coming home!

Via sb nation

Yes, the ESPN Playoff selection show is *four* hours long. But the top 4 is around 12:30 ET, with the top 25 around 2:30 ET.

andycapps

Via sb nation

Yes, the ESPN Playoff selection show is *four* hours long. But the top 4 is around 12:30 ET, with the top 25 around 2:30 ET.
ESPN continuing to ruin the CFP. The only reason we have rankings before this week is so that they have their weekly shows about it and discussion fodder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom