• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Championship Week: Of Meaningless Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
These guys are all idiots. Don't worry Penn State will be happy to just be in the Rose Bowl. Who gives a shit about the Rose Bowl it's about national titles.

I knew they would set it up for Alabama vs Ohio State in the finals.

tebunker

Banned
Playoffs?!

You kidding me? Playoffs?

I just hope we win a game!

Welcome to the Playoffs!

Yall got a tough draw. Cross country travel and a great Bama team. If Browning plays lights out yall have a chance.

I won't talk shit before the game, and it is good to see you guys get back to being competitive.

Also I demand we name the Playoffs after Saban and Alabama 😜 Only team in there every year, and possibly a good chance to get there for years to come.

These were what I thought. Clemson has been a number 2 darling, in addition to occasionally just being a number 2, so the flip flop makes sense.

Honestly, this is probably the true top 4.

They just really need to rethink the weight of conference championships or fans are going to get jaded really fast.

Sulik2

All apologies to Ohio State, they really are the second best team in college football this year, but they shouldn't be in this playoff. You lost to Penn St and Penn St won the conference. They should be in and OSU should be out.

All apologies to Ohio State, they really are the second best team in college football this year, but they shouldn't be in this playoff. You lost to Penn St and Penn St won the conference. They should be in and OSU should be out.

Contradicting yourself in this statement.

Committees job is to chose best 4 teams

Assanova

No two loss team should be in over a one loss team from a P5 conference. Period. If anything, blame the B10 conference rules on who gets to go to the championship and blame them for putting the traditionally best three teams in the conference in the same division.

jjasper

Committee took the easy way out. Can't really blame them for it. This will happen a few more times till we get to auto bids for ACC, SEC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 10 and 3 at large.

Having debates about who is 4 or 5 is >>>>> who is 2 or 3

tebunker

Banned
Contradicting yourself in this statement.

Committees job is to chose best 4 teams

Actually I think the leagues should change how they choose the teams that get in to their CCGs. anOsU should have been forced to compete this weekend.

That is really the main problem I had with it, and I honestly think it wasn't fair to LSU when Bama got all that time to get ready for them in 2011.

cdyhybrid

Browning will throw for 500.

Welcome to the Playoffs!

Yall got a tough draw. Cross country travel and a great Bama team. If Browning plays lights out yall have a chance.

I won't talk shit before the game, and it is good to see you guys get back to being competitive.

Also I demand we name the Playoffs after Saban and Alabama 😜 Only team in there every year, and possibly a good chance to get there for years to come.

I don't expect us win.

Quite concerned about our OL standing up for 60 minutes. If they can do that and we can do alright against the run we might have a shot.

Azeem Victor being out is going to hurt.

Josh5890

Actually I think the leagues should change how they choose the teams that get in to their CCGs. anOsU should have been forced to compete this weekend.

That is really the main problem I had with it, and I honestly think it wasn't fair to LSU when Bama got all that time to get ready for them in 2011.

How would you change it? OSU lost the tiebreaker. Fair and square

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I don't expect us win.

Quite concerned about our OL standing up for 60 minutes. If they can do that and we can do alright against the run we might have a shot.

Azeem Victor being out is going to hurt.
Did you watch Appleby feast on our defense?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Committee took the easy way out. Can't really blame them for it. This will happen a few more times till we get to auto bids for ACC, SEC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 10 and 3 at large.

That's really what needs to happen. Make one of that at larges an autobid for the top group of 5 conference champion if they're ranked high enough (top 12 maybe--isn't that what it was for BCS autobid?).

tebunker

Banned
Is that Gata's QB? If so no, I was at a beer tasting festival :p

Every game is different though, hard to forecast - especially a month into the future.

Dont listen to mre, he's gone in to troll mode the last week or so.

UF had several good plays called, coverage brokedown a couple of times, we had a walk on starting. But the real key is that UF oline was able to hold up just enough to get those fast passes out. Anytime they had a longger pass he either threw an InT or got wrecked.

Karl2177

While I think that Ohio State is one of the 4 best teams, the committee's metrics for how they determine the 4 best teams is bullshit. IMO, 2 of the 3 years that we've had the playoffs, it's been fucked in terms of who gets in and why.

While I think that Ohio State is one of the 4 best teams, the committee's metrics for how they determine the 4 best teams is bullshit. IMO, 2 of the 3 years that we've had the playoffs, it's been fucked in terms of who gets in and why.

The standards been set. 2 loss teams don't make the playoffs

You are the worst.

Just kidding, bucknuticus is the worst. But you're up there.

Finally I'm the best at something!

Josh5890

How a top 8 playoff should be:

1. Alabama (SEC Champ) vs 8. Western Michigan (Group of Five Rep)
2. Clemson (ACC Champ) vs 7. Oklahoma (Big 12 Champ)
3. Ohio State (At-Large) vs 6. Michigan (At- Large)
4 Washington (Pac 12) vs 5. Penn State (Big Ten Champ)

Excuse me while I boot up my copy of NCAA Football 2013

Did you watch Appleby feast on our defense?

giphy.gif

Josh5890

The standards been set. 2 loss teams don't make the playoffs

Finally I'm the best at something!

Just imagine if we had a season like 2007 where Ohio State was undefeated and there was seven or eight two loss teams at the end of the season. That was a blood bath

CFB Playoffs - Opening Spreads
#1 Alabama -11 over #4 Washington
#3 Ohio State -3.5 over #2 Clemson
[via Vegas bookmaker @CGTechnology_]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom