• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Four - Off-Season Thread - tOSU wins it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What the crap? How was that not targeting on UCLA?

CDY.. Rando.. Nike U lost

He did back-peddle on that one pretty quickly, though. He was really talking about the scheme and execution of the play calling I'm sure. The game day coaching was bad against Sparty, but it actually wasn't the big problem today. Where the coaching has failed has clearly been the coaching of fundamentals and game planning/preparation during the week and training camp.
That should be obvious.. It's good he back pedaled.. But fuck..

Throw VanGorder under the bus.. Defending him like this is stupid..

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Oregon's problem is gonna be if they start just being decent vs great can they turn it around in recruiting now that all of the schools have pimp Nike uniforms?

cdyhybrid

What the crap? How was that not targeting on UCLA?

lololo thats not targeting but the one in the michigan game was

refs ned to get it the fuck together

So what even is targeting

Pac-12 refs

Oregon's problem is gonna be if they start just being decent vs great can they turn it around in recruiting now that all of the schools have pimp Nike uniforms?

They might have Nike uniforms but they don't have bags of Nike cash.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So what even is targeting
Guys, here's how refs officiate targeting. They take the courts' approach to obscenity: "they'll know it when they see it." There's no other rational way to describe all of its inconsistent applications throughout the season. You have 300 or so officials, each of whom has their own idea of what they believe targeting to be, and they'll call it when they see it.

Fournette's injured. LSU is fucked.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
That Penn State targeting call was bush league... dude was going for the ball. There was not even intent to make a hit.

Ref's should be ashamed.

Yeah I don't think the Penn State call should be targeting even if it may be with the rule (or may not). But the UCLA one definitely should be

I'd love to hear an explanation for this.

That UCLA hit is dangerous. Why even have targeting calls if not to protect kids from these sort of hits?

Yeah the one in the Texas ND game that knocked the receiver out for a week is in the same category. What's the point if not to protect the players? The rule says specifically that if there's any doubt it's a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom