• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Four - Off-Season Thread - tOSU wins it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag-my001

Last two years Arkansas was able to run for big chunks and only stall when they got fancy trying to throw the ball.

Nice to see our defense holding up (when our offense didn't put them in the endzone).

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Robbed? Neither team deserved to win that. The "offensive genius" can't score a TD anymore.

There would have been three officiating errors to give LSU the win:

1. No runoff
2. Snapped the ball at 0:00 on game clock
3. QB past the line of scrimmage while throwing a froward pass

I'm not saying either team deserved to win (I only saw the last few minutes), but that Auburn would have been robbed a victory per the officiating errors.

Interesting NCAA rules with illegal shifts, by rule no run off occurs:

RULING: The officials shut down the play at the snap: Dead-ball foul, illegal shift that
converts to a false start. Five-yard penalty.
Team B has the option of a 10-second runoff because the foul causes the clock to stop.
Team A may avoid the runoff by being granted a team timeout.
Play clock: 25 seconds. Game clock starts on the referee’s signal if there is a 10- second runoff and
on the snap if there is no runoff.
4. Team A players all set for one second, then A22 and A33 start in motion (no false start).
At the snap, A22 has been set for one second while A33 continues his motion. The ball carrier
is tackled inbounds short of the line to gain.
RULING: Team A live-ball foul, illegal shift. Five-yard penalty.
There is no 10-second runoff because the foul itself did not cause the clock to stop.
Play clock: 25 seconds.
Game clock starts on the referee’s signal.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Interesting NCAA rules with illegal shifts, by rule no run off occurs:

RULING: The officials shut down the play at the snap: Dead-ball foul, illegal shift that
converts to a false start. Five-yard penalty.
Team B has the option of a 10-second runoff because the foul causes the clock to stop.
Team A may avoid the runoff by being granted a team timeout.
Play clock: 25 seconds. Game clock starts on the referee’s signal if there is a 10- second runoff and
on the snap if there is no runoff.
4. Team A players all set for one second, then A22 and A33 start in motion (no false start).
At the snap, A22 has been set for one second while A33 continues his motion. The ball carrier
is tackled inbounds short of the line to gain.
RULING: Team A live-ball foul, illegal shift. Five-yard penalty.
There is no 10-second runoff because the foul itself did not cause the clock to stop.
Play clock: 25 seconds.
Game clock starts on the referee’s signal.
If the foul didn't cause the clock to stop then why did the clock stop.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Les really should have taken that Meeechigan Jerb. He'd still have a year or 2 left before he'd have been fired there.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
My wife looked at me and said hope that is his wife lmao

HvPtXfl.jpg

Yup, that's her alright.

Do not go looking for a certain interview of hers.

Slo

In short Adam.. LSU didn't get a snap off in time and lost..

Make the five year old start watching football..

Fuck you.. I wanted VikeBike to succeed.. Why would you wish that on us friend?

Hey, easy. I'm just thinking that the Browns will have a Top5 pick, Les Miles signs Zach Mettenberger and drafts Fornette, it could be the start of a dynasty.

UCF hangs half a hundred on FIU. First FBS win since 2014. Fuck FIU using goddamn turf when they are in an open air stadium in Miami. One of our really good RBs likely got injured due to their shit tier turf. Luckily we have a few good to great RBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom