• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

I was in Knoxville today and giving one of the salesmen I deal with a hard time for wearing an orange UT shirt today. I knew it would be bad, but even I didn't think they would be doing THIS bad against a nobody.

I wonder who Tennessee's new coach will be.

Peyton Manning.

You get access to that lucrative east Tennessee market, though.
We'll take Tennessee if you throw in Georgia and take Penn State and Rutgers.

I'm sorry! I'm drunk on watermelon beer and I'm going to mix cocktails once the kids are in bed!

I try to pretend that Penn State doesn't exit!
You need to consult BG, Buck and I before dealing with Mre. He's basically Saul Goodman.

Hey, there are good
basketball
players from Jersey

You wouldn't be getting them anyway.
Oh no basketball.. Oh no!!

And Eli Apple was from Jersey.. And Peppers.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
When I heard App was playing Miami, I assumed it was in Miami.

Then they tell us it's in Boone. WTF. I assumed they must've done a 2-for-1 or even a 3-for-1 deal (Nebraska does this with teams like Fresno, Southern Miss, etc... no problem, though not a Sun Belt team [ie, we pay Troy to visit us]).

Then I look and it's a fucking HOME AND HOME? Who is running things down on South Beach?!

I think if you looked at Tennessee's lines this year you
could see some potential issues. OL is very young. DL has some experience but has been getting torched side-to-side. This is probably one of the faster teams UT will face this year though; SEC running is always more north-south and will be more forgiving.

Interesting game. I'm surprised at the lack of confidence in letting Dobbs pass against what has proven to be a soft pass defense from the start. Butch needs to cut the shit and let the guy fling it in these games. The pass D isn't getting any easier from here on out and if Dobbs doesn't get the reps and confidence, they're going to fall into the hole of relying on him bailing them out with runs and that isn't the way to go.

Speaking of Tennessee....

I got some good moonshine up in here. Friend brought it back when he went camping. Shit makes my eyes go cross.

Pretty good with Surge, though.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Because Adam is no position to negotiate because he admits he's intoxicated
Sorry, the contract is still good. Intoxication may be a basis for voiding a contract, but the fact that one party has been drinking does not automatically render the contract void. Adam was fully capable of entering into and agreeing to the terms of the contract as agreed upon, thus the intent element needed to be present for a valid contract to exist, is clearly satisfied.

When I heard App was playing Miami, I assumed it was in Miami.

Then they tell us it's in Boone. WTF. I assumed they must've done a 2-for-1 or even a 3-for-1 deal (Nebraska does this with teams like Fresno, Southern Miss, etc... no problem, though not a Sun Belt team [ie, we pay Troy to visit us]).

Then I look and it's a fucking HOME AND HOME? Who is running things down on South Beach?!

Hey, Miami is an up and coming program

No.

Tenn is not the best band in the land. You can piss right off with that. I am wearing a shirt right now that proves Ohio State is the Best Damn Band in all the Land.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
South Cack back to being shitty. I hope they enjoyed those Supr years.

Doubly hard to get better to when Clemson is top flight so they can swing recruits in state their way.

Dawg fans ought to be happy right about now. No real competition for then in the East yet again.

It ain't over yet.

The fact that Tennessee isn't up 28 - 0 right now proves that they have no business being in the discussion for the national championship. They are get to get absolutely annihilated by middle-of-the-road SEC teams, and systematically decimated by Alabama. I'm projecting Alabama wins 72 to 0.

Sorry, the contract is still good. Intoxication may be a basis for voiding a contract, but the fact that one party has been drinking does not automatically render the contract void. Adam was fully capable of entering into and agreeing to the terms of the contract as agreed upon, thus the intent element needed to be present for a valid contract to exist, is clearly satisfied.

I don't buy this because it's far too coherent for an SEC! SEC! fan to come up with.
Sorry, not sorry.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
The fact that Tennessee isn't up 28 - 0 right now proves that they have no business being in the discussion for the national championship. They are get to get absolutely annihilated by middle-of-the-road SEC teams, and systematically decimated by Alabama. I'm projecting Alabama wins 72 to 0.
Nice try for the juju, but Alabama's never beaten anybody 72-0, and it certainly won't do that to Tennessee.

Speaking of Tennessee....

I got some good moonshine up in here. Friend brought it back when he went camping. Shit makes my eyes go cross.

Pretty good with Surge, though.
I thought your bf stopped you from mixing.

Damn it..

Bionic.. I need you. Is there anyway I can fight this?

I thought your bf stopped you from mixing.

Damn it..

Bionic.. I need you. Is there anyway I can fight this?

He said I can't fuck up moonshine, because after 3 drinks I'll be fucked up enough that it won't matter what I mixed it with.

Yes, we have lawyers and schools and running water here.

I kid, I kid. Mostly. I used to live in SEC territory, but I had the good sense to stay B1G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom