• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

Tennesse you got some bad voodoo working against you. We are 9 years to the date from this thing of beauty

App-Michigan_Scoreboard.jpg

michigan-fail.gif

Fun fact: First game the Big 10 network ever televised! Happy 9th birthday BTN

man my life would be very different if this didnt happen. i'd never even heard of Appalachian State before then.

gonna die laughing if we beat Tennessee tonight even though it wont be nearly as big. my old roommate from App is also a Tennessee fan and he's very conflicted.

Best thing about the Tennessee game other than the fumble and TD was the graphic earlier that said "Tennessee - 9 wins last year (most since 2007)."

Lol.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
man my life would be very different if this didnt happen. i'd never even heard of Appalachian State before then.

gonna die laughing if we beat Tennessee tonight even though it wont be nearly as big. my old roommate from App is also a Tennessee fan and he's very conflicted.

I thought you were from NC... or maybe went to UNC. App St and ECU grads are everywhere here.

Balphon

Me: Yes! Appalachian State!
5 year old: Why don't you want the orange team? I like the orange team.
Me: Appalachian State beat Michigan a long time ago.
5 year old: What's wrong with Michigan?

: literally every person in my house giving the kid the evil eye :

My mom: What in the HELL are you two teaching this baby?

Y'all are gonna get run out of Ohio if you aren't careful.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Their pass D was giving up the big plays. Run D was respectable.

they were 3-4 yards off the ball every time though... it was pretty rough.

Tenn should kill these guys if they keep it to short passes and slashing them up the gut.

Well... if they can stop them, App. State shredded the Tenn defense on their drive

Me: Yes! Appalachian State!
5 year old: Why don't you want the orange team? I like the orange team.
Me: Appalachian State beat Michigan a long time ago.
5 year old: What's wrong with Michigan?

: literally every person in my house giving the kid the evil eye :

My mom: What in the HELL are you two teaching this baby?
There are so many things that you are probably teaching this boy like

1) pizza is gross
2) peanut butter is good in alcohol
3) ice cream is gross

But this right here.. This is right here.. Is the most fucked up thing you are doing hands down.

You and him need to get your shit together before you turn that kid in Desmond Howard.. Don't you do that. Adam.. Don't make him Desmond.. Pls god. You can do it Adam.. Stop the madness friend.

Balphon

Probably going to have to uphold the targeting, went right for the head.

Sucks because it didn't look intentional.

ag-my001

I am following along while I "teach" a night course (they're online doing stuff right now); can you all post more specifics on time, score, and how close Jones is to Dooley level in your posts?

There are so many things that you are probably teaching this boy like

1) pizza is gross
2) peanut butter is good in alcohol
3) ice cream is gross

But this right here.. This is right here.. Is the most fucked up thing you are doing hands down.

You and him need to get your shit together before you turn that kid in Desmond Howard.. Don't you do that. Adam.. Don't make him Desmond.. Pls god. You can do it Adam.. Stop the madness friend.

To be fair, my bf bares 90% of the responsibility for this. Also, the kid loves pizza, so he clearly didn't learn good eating habits from me. And have you had peanut butter vodka? You don't know my struggle! Also, ice cream IS gross.

The kid also tries to bribe us to not go to Friday night football. Mess.

We're teaching him the ways of Woody Hayes....without punching him in the face.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I am following along while I "teach" a night course (they're online doing stuff right now); can you all post more specifics on time, score, and how close Jones is to Dooley level in your posts?
I thought my "HAHAHAs" were very informative.

jjasper

not target him?
seems fairly cut and dry.
He is running full speed and the dude dropped down very low to catch it. He went as low as he could. It isn't the worst targeting penalty I have seen but it still a what the hell is a defender to do one.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Probably going to have to uphold the targeting, went right for the head.

Sucks because it didn't look intentional.

intention doesn't matter, unfortunately.

He went low which is correct, but the player ended up low too. Rule is flawed. But it's the right application of the rule

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
APP State defense forces a punt to start the second quarter. Getting pressure on Dobbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom