• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants some entertainment, check out General's Quarters board right now.

My favorite thread title so far: "Since when can the play before be reviewed?"

Hahahaha.

Todd Shanesy ‏@TerrierTracker 43s44 seconds ago
Announcement on P.A. that Roach was answering questions in ambulance. Huge cheer. Then an announcement to keep him in prayers.

So, that's a good sign.

Flipped to the Browns game for a second

Hoyer and McCown going against each other.

EL oh fucking EL

Announcement on P.A. that Roach was answering questions in ambulance. Huge cheer. Then an announcement to keep him in prayers.

So, that's a good sign.

Thank god. Next is hoping it's not his spine/heart damage.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

So, that's a good sign.

Flipped to the Browns game for a second

Hoyer and McCown going against each other.

EL oh fucking EL
That's great news. Thanks for posting it.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I remember when I was in high school, we had a player who died the same way. Came over to the sideline, collapsed and died soon after. I think it was an enlarged heart. That was fairly rare back then.
They had a moment of silence for him the next game and the team was in still in shock. Or they were until a lot of the visiting players started jeering, booing and making fun of the whole thing. It didn't end well for them.

I hope this guy makes it, its sad that it happens every year, either during a game or practice and often there isnt much of a warning sign before its too late.

cashman

Banned
Dudes....

Lamar Jackson has 8 Fucking TDs already

It's only halftime...

200w.gif

what the fuuuuuuck

Obviously not as bad, but a couple years ago we were at a high school game. Kid on our team broke his leg in four places. And it was directly in front of us. Fucking terrifying. Same game, a kid on the other team had to be taken via ambulance to the hospital because he just collapsed. Didn't get hit. Didn't get touched. Just fucking went down on the 20 yard line. He had a heart condition that no one knew about. He didn't make it. Was just scary and terrible as hell.

B.K.

Not even talking as a coach. Just as a human being the dude is shit.

I see. I don't know anything about him personally. I just know he's an awful coach. I wonder how long until UT fans will start using their favorite excuse: it's a young team.

Two drives started at the Oregon State 45 with points, now a targeting ejection that extended the OSU drive. Sadly it's exactly what I expected to see for the Gophers under Clayed. At least he hasn't had a chance to screw up managing the clock.

To be fair I was confused about that since the refs acted like the play after counted. Marking the spot on the run and all that. But one claims he blew the whistle before the play.

Ok but this college and a catch can be reviewed even if initially called complete before the next snap. Why act like it's something new being put in place to screw Tennessee?

Ok now I'm getting worried because I want UF to play and beat an undefeated UT team at home (a game I will be attending, by the way). Come on Vols. What the fuck???

App State getting $1.15 million from Tennessee tonight (H/T @SportsTaxMan), nearly 3X what Michigan paid ($400K) when they lost in '07

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I forgot that Roper went with Muschamp to Scar. If he has his type of players, he can move the ball. If he doesn't...well I hope you like swing passes and bubble screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom