• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys, CFB looks really good on PS Vue.

I just upgraded my SlingTV account. $45 for all of the ESPNs plus FS1 and 2 + obviously other crap.

I'm pretty excited. PS Vue will be a possibility once I get settled more in my apartment and consider an actual device other than my PC to watch stuff on.

jfkgoblue

I just upgraded my SlingTV account. $45 for all of the ESPNs plus FS1 and 2 + obviously other crap.

I'm pretty excited. PS Vue will be a possibility once I get settled more in my apartment and consider an actual device other than my PC to watch stuff on.
Yeah, you get all that for $35 on Vue, plus BTN

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Last time I checked, KSU's QB had 3 total yards passing through a quarter and a half of play. Has this changed significantly?

andycapps

Buffalo doesn't count as FBS... They are awful

Making me a little more nervous for our game

Yes, yes it does, also helps that I get every channel with CFB on Vue. Watching Toledo taking it too Arkansas State while flipping to Sparty struggling against an FCS school, now too Stanford struggling with a MAC school.

Yeah it's cool that for $35 I don't feel like I'm missing anything. It's better picture quality than I used to have with uVerse and it's a lot cheaper.

I had Sling and just really disliked the interface. Slow, no guide (just scrolling side to side for channels), inconsistent pausing and fast forwarding, etc. Also, Vue you can watch on up to 4 devices at a time and the signon works with all the channel apps. I think Sling was only ESPN and maybe CNN. And if you turned on one of those it stopped you watching TV via Sling. Maybe it's gotten better in the last few months.

Last time I checked, KSU's QB had 3 total yards passing through a quarter and a half of play. Has this changed significantly?

It took them 2 series to get the first pass completion. Most before that was runs and scrambles.

the fumble on the option play was huge for K-state' D

jfkgoblue

WTF is up with these top 15 teams struggling with very weak opponents? first Tennesee, then Sparty, now Stanford? Not a single top 15 team that has played so far has performed well at all.

It includes all that, but locals(some markets have some locals) and includes the CSN/FSN regionals

Yeah for DFW, the minimum plan is $40. And it does seem to include like 95% of what I would watch. But being an AAC AAC AAC school, ESPN U and News is a bit important and isn't included. For $45, I get those too on Sling.

Now what it looks like is for $45 on Vue, I get everything I would on Sling, but there are still some additions. So l'm probably stuck paying $45min, but Vue looks to have more "value" slightly overall.

jfkgoblue

Yeah for DFW, the minimum plan is $40. And it does seem to include like 95% of what I would watch. But being an AAC AAC AAC school, ESPN U and News is a bit important and isn't included. For $45, I get those too on Sling.

Now what it looks like is for $45 on Vue, I get everything I would on Sling, but there are still some additions. So l'm probably stuck paying $45min, but Vue looks to have more "value" slightly overall.

in DFW, you get all the locals AND ESPN U/News for $45, Vue has more features + Cable logins(not just WatchESPN), and is better quality

Kevtones

Feel like Stanford lacks weapons on offense. McCaffrey is obviously great but their options seem iffy.

Impressive drive so far from KSU.

in DFW, you get all the locals AND ESPN U/News for $45, Vue has more features + Cable logins(not just WatchESPN), and is better quality

Yeah I think I'll eventually end up on Vue, but for now given my setup, Sling is fine. Luckily my job pays for my internet. Can't beat $45 a month for TV related entertainment.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, what should be done with Southern Cal?

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/01/usc-football-player-rape-investigation-booze-drugs/

Report: USC Football Player Raped Woman Twice, Snapchatted Videos To Her Ex

TMZ Sports has obtained the search warrant from the investigation into Osa Chad Masina -- a 19-year-old linebacker -- who is being investigated for allegedly drugging and raping a woman on two separate occasions in July.

According to the warrant, issued in Los Angeles, the woman claims she was first raped by Masina on July 14th, 2016 at the apartment of Masina's teammate, Don Hill -- a sophomore linebacker.
The woman told police Masina gave her a couple Xanax pills throughout the day. The woman says she had also been drinking alcohol, including wine by the pool and chugging Captain Morgan at a frat party.
After the frat party, the woman claims she was taken to Hill's apartment -- but insists she was "out of it" due to the Xanax and the booze. However, she remembers smoking weed.
"The next thing the victim recalls is having sex with Osa Chad Masina," the search warrant says.

The woman says she later learned Masina had taken videos and pictures of them having sex without her knowledge and/or consent ... and Snapchatted them to her ex-boyfriend. FYI -- the woman's ex-boyfriend is a football player at the University of Arizona.

2 Weeks later, it more or less happened again, minus the snapchatting.

Though, Southern Cal has suspended one, and the other is just not in Dallas. So they haven't completely done nothing.

Feel like Stanford lacks weapons on offense. McCaffrey is obviously great but their options seem iffy.

Impressive drive so far from KSU.

Only 20% of their offensive starters from last year are back and yet people are picking them to win the conference. Seems kinda crazy.

Well, what should be done with Southern Cal?

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/01/usc-football-player-rape-investigation-booze-drugs/

2 Weeks later, it more or less happened again, minus the snapchatting.

Though, Southern Cal has suspended one, and the other is just not in Dallas. So they haven't completely done nothing.

Awful, can't believe they let Masina practice with the team again too. Not a good start for the new Trojans regime.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Uh, just tuning into the Stanford game (past quarter) and it looks like Stanford doesn't have any play action plays involving McCaffrey? lol? I don't get it. If it looks like they are handing it to him, they are.

andycapps

WTF is up with these top 15 teams struggling with very weak opponents? first Tennesee, then Sparty, now Stanford? Not a single top 15 team that has played so far has performed well at all.
First games can be really deceiving. You're never as good or bad as you think.

Yassss. Then get my Ohio State on.

This will be the first time the bf and kids have seen me watch an Ohio State game. I may be single after tomorrow.
Lmao good luck. Excited to see the team tomorrw
For real. Can't believe college football Saturdays are back. TV, desktop, laptop and iPad Pro ready to broadcast and fridge stocked with beer and food. Going to be in the 70's tomorrow with an amazing breeze coming through the apartment. Can't wait.
Sounds amazing

That INT was Ertz first real bad mistake all game, He made some good plays with his legs in the first half, but the cramps have hurt him since.

That was my takeaway. Their QB has looked good but Stanford's been scoreless in the 2nd half for a reason.

And K-State is keying on McCaffrey realizing the ball isn't going to anyone else.

Stanford has 26 rushing attempts and 18 of them were by McCaffrey. 7 of the teams 18 pass attempts have been targeting McCaffrey.

25 of 44 plays for him, and I dunno if he was the main target on the sacks or not.

Edit: The second USC player, Don Hill, was sent home from Dallas. Also according to a lot of USC boards this isn't his first disciplinary issue.

Stanford is also missing Love, they would of used him in a endaround or something at times.

Stanford will need to improve a heap before the USC game in 2 weeks.

Kevtones

And K-State is keying on McCaffrey realizing the ball isn't going to anyone else.

Stanford has 26 rushing attempts and 18 of them were by McCaffrey. 7 of the teams 18 pass attempts have been targeting McCaffrey.

25 of 44 plays for him, and I dunno if he was the main target on the sacks or not.

Edit: The second USC player, Don Hill, was sent home from Dallas. Also according to a lot of USC boards this isn't his first disciplinary issue.

It's funny because they did that in the 1st half (pass) and were getting somewhere. KSU adjusted and Stanford hasn't done shit since.

If KSU:

1) had a competent QB
2) that LB hadn't stepped out
3) that crazy PI been called
4) they made that easy FG

2/4 and KSU might be ahead.

David Lombardi
ESPN Staff Writer
Stanford's offense has stalled in the 2nd half: only 1.9 yards per play. This is reminiscent of their early 2012 struggles when breaking in a new QB. But just like 2012, the Cardinal have stepped up with dominant defense and excellent punting to remain in control of Kansas State 17-6.

Kevtones

Sorry but Dominque Holder #13 on Stanford had to have paid somebody. I've never seen so many obvious calls missed against somebody. Targeting, PI - these have been blatantly terrible.

First games can be really deceiving. You're never as good or bad as you think.

yep, hence why I have bet on the line for the Oklahoma v Houston game (Houston +11.5pts).

How are Georgia looking at QB? I have them in my multi bet to beat UNC, but it is the game that is most worrying me.

I hope Chubb fires.

Can't wait until next week at Bristol. Should be rad.

185689_full.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom