• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nialrot

Anything could happen in the USCw/Alabama game, but I really do want to see what happens when a 6'2" 240+ lbs running back gets into the secondary and takes on a 5'11" 180 lbs. safety (or the other safety, coming in at a gigantic 5'11" 185 lbs. frame)

3900198.jpg

Who's the RB and who's the Defensive lineman?
I hope Bama knows the best way to hide the roids...

Is #9 Bo Scarborough?

He looks insane and I am assuming he's larger than Henry was last year?

DominoKid

Anything could happen in the USCw/Alabama game, but I really do want to see what happens when a 6'2" 240+ lbs running back gets into the secondary and takes on a 5'11" 180 lbs. safety (or the other safety, coming in at a gigantic 5'11" 185 lbs. frame)

3900198.jpg

Who's the RB and who's the Defensive lineman?
I hope Bama knows the best way to hide the roids...

one of those dudes is a running back????

WHAT THE FUCK. motherfuckers look swole like D Ends.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Is #9 Bo Scarborough?

He looks insane and I am assuming he's larger than Henry was last year?

dbfd64e877cc4593f06fe2f96690784e_crop_north.jpg

18875917-mmmain.jpg

#2 is Henry, #9 is Scarborough

Think Henry is a slight bit taller, but really, they're in the same ballpark, sizewise. Bo was not in the "RB" column when being recruited, he was listed in the ATH column. He's actually pretty fast, which combined with his size and strength, brings on the Henry comparisons.

Scarborough wins the Heisman, please quote me on this.

Honestly, if mccaffrey has a similar season to last year, he got this. The amount of attention he got towards the end of the year will help him a lot this year. Stanford are not required to win the pac12 for him to win it, I feel.

Watson needs Clemson to win the acc to win it, similarly with fournette and Lsu winning the sec.

DominoKid

Honestly, if mccaffrey has a similar season to last year, he got this. The amount of attention he got towards the end of the year will help him a lot this year. Stanford are not required to win the pac12 for him to win it, I feel.

Watson needs Clemson to win the acc to win it, similarly with fournette and Lsu winning the sec.

if Clemson doesnt win the ACC then it'll probably be because Watson fucked up at some point.

Lonestar

The 2014 class hasn't ended their college careers yet, but it's guaranteed to be filled with a bunch of success stories, unlike some years.

Leonard Fournette, Deshaun Watson, Christian McCaffrey, Myles Garrett, Jabrill Peppers, Cam Robinson, Adoree Jackson, Marlon Humphrey, Dalvin Cook, Jalen Tabor, Malachi Dupre, Juju Smith Schuster, Nick Chubb and others that I think are on the cusp of greatness (or I just missed out on hearing of their accoplishments). Raekwon McMillan, Sony Michel, Bo Scarbrough, Rashaan Evans, Da'Shawn Hand.

Waiting on the QB's from that class, though. You've got Watson, and I guess Kaaya at Miami, but it also includes Kyle Allen (A&M to wherever), Will Grier (Florida to wherever), David Cornwell (4th string at Alabama, soon to be wherever), White Sean White (Future Auburn Greatest QB ever), and Brandon Harris (the guy who hands it off to Leonard Fournette).

But the class does include OU's Jox Mixon. So, that sucks.

This is reminding me that I don't think we talked about Heisman predictions on the recent podcast.

McCaffrey will have the pity vote over bad feelings from last year, but I think it's Watson's to lose. I'm highly doubtful Scarborough is on the list at the end, but then, if he duplicates or betters Henry's yards and touchdowns, watch out.

cdyhybrid

The 2014 class hasn't ended their college careers yet, but it's guaranteed to be filled with a bunch of success stories, unlike some years.

Leonard Fournette, Deshaun Watson, Christian McCaffrey, Myles Garrett, Jabrill Peppers, Cam Robinson, Adoree Jackson, Marlon Humphrey, Dalvin Cook, Jalen Tabor, Malachi Dupre, Juju Smith Schuster, Nick Chubb and others that I think are on the cusp of greatness (or I just missed out on hearing of their accoplishments). Raekwon McMillan, Sony Michel, Bo Scarbrough, Rashaan Evans, Da'Shawn Hand.

Waiting on the QB's from that class, though. You've got Watson, and I guess Kaaya at Miami, but it also includes Kyle Allen (A&M to wherever), Will Grier (Florida to wherever), David Cornwell (4th string at Alabama, soon to be wherever), White Sean White (Future Auburn Greatest QB ever), and Brandon Harris (the guy who hands it off to Leonard Fournette).

This is reminding me that I don't think we talked about Heisman predictions on the recent podcast.

McCaffrey will have the pity vote over bad feelings from last year, but I think it's Watson's to lose. I'm highly doubtful Scarborough is on the list at the end, but then, if he duplicates or betters Henry's yards and touchdowns, watch out.
You forgot Budda Baker!

Slo

you guys aren't a bottom feeder in any way, shape or form, compared to Oregon State.

You have a shiny new stadium and a beautiful metropolis and no Nike's Most Favored Nation university just a ways up the road.

I thought it was really just a super slow start, Gophers looked waaaay better in the second half.

Yeah, the second half was encouraging. Hopefully it was just rust.

Nick Chubb is my dark horse pick for the heisman.

If he is as fit and fast as the Georgia team is saying, and the fact they don't have a set qb, he could see a lot of carries this year.

Is pharaoh cooper from South Carolina from 2014. Every time I see him play, he looks good. Though I didn't see the game yesterday.

TraBuch

Banned
Y'all ready to see Duke redshirt freshman walk-on and future heisman winning quarterback Daniel Jones dominate North Carolina Central tomorrow?!

Lonestar

Nick Chubb is my dark horse pick for the heisman.

If he is as fit and fast as the Georgia team is saying, and the fact they don't have a set qb, he could see a lot of carries this year.

Is pharaoh cooper from South Carolina from 2014. Every time I see him play, he looks good. Though I didn't see the game yesterday.
y
Next year is the earliest time for the 2014 class to be in the nfl. Fournette and Watson are true juniors who will likely declare early after this season. Cooper was like class of 2013.

So I got a new amplified antenna with a range of up to 50 miles. ND game is on ABC. What's the one channel I can't pick up relatively easily? ABC. And the tower is less than 10 miles away. So frustrating. Cable cutting sucks sometimes.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Y'all ready to see Duke redshirt freshman walk-on and future heisman winning quarterback Daniel Jones dominate North Carolina Central tomorrow?!

I'm going out in the rain to watch this game so homeboy better throw a 70+ yard TD bomb to himself. Not that the regular Duke WRs are a better option

EDIT: Also DJ is not a true walk on, he was put on scholarship in the spring. I think they call it a greyshirt or some shit.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
What channel is the Stanford/K State game? Fox sports here is showing a shitty Braves game. Like anyone gives a shit about their season at this point.

Kevtones

I went to the Oregon/Stanford game in 2009 there when Luck was a freshman and I'm pretty sure there were more Oregon fans. Not a very passionate fanbase.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Toledo almost gave us an early candidate for most embarrassing play of the season. Almost took a knee that would have been a safety on a punt, but the receiver probably saw his teammates waving him to run it even if he wasn't going to get more than a few yards. Should have just let it go once he realized it was way over his head since it would have been a touchback if he didn't touch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom