• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kentucky, LSU, Mizzou, and MSST lost. Tennessee, and Arky squeaked by mid majors by overtime and 1 point respectively. Overall an up and down weekend for the SEC but from here on out I just don't see any SEC team losing another OOC game because they got all the losses out of their systems

tebunker

Banned
I hate Auburn, but even they don't deserve the garbage that is the Gus Bus. Or maybe they do, seasons of false hope and belief fit them...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Having college football back is nice, but I didn't realize how much I missed this guy right here.

W8fInn2.jpg

Hillary should have tabbed Culpepper for VP. At the very least, a cabinet position should be forthcoming.

He's on Vice Principals, as a scarf wearing fine arts teacher

Kentucky, LSU, Mizzou, and MSST lost. Tennessee, and Arky squeaked by mid majors by overtime and 1 point respectively. Overall an up and down weekend for the SEC but from here on out I just don't see any SEC team losing another OOC game because they got all the losses out of their systems

Yeah but they have Bama and Bama is absolutely obliterating USC.

The Bama machine just keeps on cranking. Crazy stuff.

We got exposed by UMass lol. Numbers were actually pretty good but we're soft on offense and defense. Will be an interesting season.

We got exposed by UMass lol. Numbers were actually pretty good but we're soft on offense and defense. Will be an interesting season.

Last year Florida seemed to win a lot of low scoring games that they shouldn't have won. I think that will happen again this year

Kusagari

I think the defense will get sorted out but the o-line really concerns me. Getting pushed in by UMass isn't exactly comforting.

At least we actually have a kicker now who can give us points when we inevitably stall out on drives.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
What the fuck is Clemson's issue? Has Auburn's defense really improved this much?

Right now this is the second biggest loss in USC history and the worst opening day loss since they lost 30-0 to something called Whittier Reform.

Clay Helton is still winless as USC's "permanent" head coach.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Refs don't want to be here anymore. They waved off a holding flag, never seen that before. Now won't call interference on a fair catch where USCw tried to catch it at the same time as the returner

Lunar15

At least Florida has a kicker now.

Kid's got some balls to wear a 15 jersey. Love it. He had the most energy on the team.

Overall, play was mediocre. We lacked depth on secondary due to suspensions and injury. Del Rio looked better than a few of our previous QB's, but that's not saying much. Biggest problem was penalties. Gotta cut that shit out ASAP. Game wouldn't even have been close if it weren't for those.

I think Auburn is better than people are giving credit for this season.

It doesn't seem to be the case of Clemson not putting down a weaker opponent.

At least that's the drift I'm getting from the game so far.

cdyhybrid

Did Brady Hoke somehow make Oregon's defense worse?

But Nike fans told me he was a home run hire.

WSU coming back... shouldn't have been down in the first place but whatever.

Still lots of time for Couging.

Funny you say that, because Clay Travis just reported that Sarkisian is joining Bama's staff as an Offensive Assistant.

In Saban I trust.

Sark can do some things with an offense when he's not falling off the wagon. Plus he's obviously on the same wavelength as Kiffikins. Will be a good thing for him to keep his life together.

ag-my001

Saw this stat over on CBS, in relation to today's game:
Jon Solomon said:
Entering 2016, LSU's passing yards per game ranked 94th or worse nationally in six of the past seven seasons. Only Air Force, Georgia Tech, New Mexico, Army and Navy rate that poorly in passing since 2009.

That's right. LSU is basically a service academy offense throwing the ball.

Ouch.

tebunker

Banned
I can't be the only one waiting for Bane to show up at the Clemson / Auburn game? can I?

Auburn's d looks good, but Clemson just seems sluggish.

bachikarn

I think the defense will get sorted out but the o-line really concerns me. Getting pushed in by UMass isn't exactly comforting.

At least we actually have a kicker now who can give us points when we inevitably stall out on drives.

Might take another year for our offense to be good. Muschamp really recruited horribly on OL and we are still running mostly soph or frosh. Another year and they should be ready to actually be good.

Think we have good skill players and Del Rio will probably become a good system guy. Better than Treon at least.

tebunker

Banned
But Nike fans told me he was a home run hire.

Still lots of time for Couging.

Sark can do some things with an offense when he's not falling off the wagon. Plus he's obviously on the same wavelength as Kiffikins. Will be a good thing for him to keep his life together.

Yup I fully believe that going on that staff will do good things for his life. Saban's process infects all aspects of your life when you on his team. It should help him keep it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom