• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Wow, Auburn's offense is a mess. This random quarterback shuffling is some of the worst gameday coaching I've seen in awhile. I can't even begin to guess what the coach is thinking with this. It's just bad.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That game got a whole lot better after the first quarter. Still need a lot of improvement through the season. Defense was fantastic outside a couple drives, but the offense needs to do a better job blocking and opening holes for RBs. Hopefully after a couple games they will gel better.

Crosseyes

Banned
An auspicious start to Matt Cambell's career at Iowa State!

Bridgewater's injury actually hurt in rooting interests of actually good teams, but I'll always have my beloved Cyclones to just have fun watching. Every season is a quest in boosting Allen Lazard's draft stock as high as possible! And if we actually win a game against a Big 12 team holy crap! Amazing!

How does anyone shank a PAT.
You obviously have not seen the voodoo curse placed on kicking games at Jack Trice Stadium for Iowa State. No kicker leaves there with their confidence intact.

Well this weekend hasn't disappointed yet. Big 10 looking good despite Northwestern and Rutgers losing their games.

Rutgers is just a bad bad team this year.

I don't know if Washington is any good. I couldn't tell. Rutgers has no quarterback on offense, and questionable coaching decisions.

For example, every single one of the controversial starter decisions (Goodwin over Hicks/Martin, Hunt over Clayton) blew up big time in this game as those questionable starters got blown the fuck up by Washington. The people who should have been starters did alright, but not the questionable choices.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!

I don't know if Washington is any good. I couldn't tell. Rutgers has no quarterback on offense, and questionable coaching decisions.

For example, every single one of the controversial starter decisions (Goodwin over Hicks/Martin, Hunt over Clayton) blew up big time in this game as those questionable starters got blown the fuck up by Washington. The people who should have been starters did alright, but not the questionable choices.

Transition year, I presume. Give them a couple of years. After all, they have nowhere to go but up.

Did you decide to kill the gimmick for good?

What was your take on the Washington game cdyhybrid?

Any different from my own? (Washington may be good, but this Rutgers team is not a good barometer of that.)

Did you decide to kill the gimmick for good?

The gimmick is impossible to keep straight in the place of what happened today. You have to be more than just insane to keep a gimmick of Rutgers being good in the face of that... game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom