• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really surprised given that Brian Kelly has never won a big game on the road and BVG is a horrible defensive coordinator.

For all of you Texas fans out there, I hope you are legitimately good, but aside from QB I don't think ND is very good. Enjoy the win! The only thing I hate about you is the color scheme (and aggies suck).

Oklahoma, LSU, and Notre Dame for the CFP contest be like

bJkldCb.gif

This is an amazing weekend. Florida wins. Has a qb. Has a kicker.
Texas wins.
Most importantly, ND loses.
Florida state loss can be the cherry on top. Even a win can't bring it down.

So glad college football is back.

I'm not really surprised given that Brian Kelly has never won a big game on the road and BVG is a horrible defensive coordinator.

For all of you Texas fans out there, I hope you are legitimately good, but aside from QB I don't think ND is very good. Enjoy the win! The only thing I hate about you is the color scheme (and aggies suck).

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/boxscore?id=18793

ND's defense looks like it lost too much at least based on wk 1.
No clue why Zaire played those series, wasteful given how good Kizer was last yr and tonight as well.

Easy to have a wk 1 overreaction but you have to wonder if either Texas or ND will have enough on D to be any kind of threat to make the CFB playoff
Still a great game to enjoy though, glad to have fball back

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/boxscore?id=18793

ND's defense looks like it lost too much at least based on wk 1.
No clue why Zaire played those series, wasteful given how good Kizer was last yr and tonight as well.

Easy to have a wk 1 overreaction but you have to wonder if either Texas or ND will have enough on D to be any kind of threat to make the CFB playoff
Still a great game to enjoy though, glad to have fball back

I would frankly love to see BVG get fired. He has never pulled his weight in games big or small. I can't believe I miss the defense of the "Energy Vampire" guy Bob Diaco. ND will lose to Nevada with that defense.

I would frankly love to see BVG get fired. He has never pulled his weight in games big or small. I can't believe I miss the defense of the "Energy Vampire" guy Bob Diaco. ND will lose to Nevada with that defense.

Must be the Falcons stink.
Still, ND won at Oklahoma 30-13 in 2012, i imagine most would consider that a big road win (cue Bob Stoops loses big games, Houston game, lol, doesn't count)
But I stand by it, that game counts as a big road win

I'm an IU fan but think BK is easily the best coach ND has had since Lou Holtz, they're lucky to have him (I've been following Kelly since he was at Grand Valley State)

Must be the Falcons stink.
Still, ND won at Oklahoma 30-13 in 2012, i imagine most would consider that a big road win (cue Bob Stoops loses big games, Houston game, lol, doesn't count)
But I stand by it, that game counts as a big road win

I'm an IU fan but think BK is easily the best coach ND has had since Lou Holtz, they're lucky to have him (I've been following Kelly since he was at Grand Valley State)

I agree that Kelly is great and consistently reliable but he doesn't care about defense, and the defense has been horrendously bad under BVG.

Also Big Game Bob cancels out the Oklahoma win.

Poeton

I love how the local ABC station in Austin is going in on the post game coverage instead of giving us the regular news.

Gurrry

Ive lived in Austin my entire life. Watched Texas football ever since I knew what a football was.

That was one of the biggest wins, behind the 05 National Championship game against USC, that ive ever seen.

This team needed this so bad. Im very proud to be a longhorn tonight.

What a fucking game guys

What would people be salty about? Don't you have to be a successful, winning team in order to make people salty? I don't think people have ever disliked them because they are too good or something.

People dislike them because they could slap a pregnant grandmother, resurrect hitler, and write into law the Star Wars Prequels were good films, and they would still get more attention, money, and a shot at a rank/bowl game every year no matter their record.

Its time us fans embrace that, and rub it in.

/heelturn

jfkgoblue

What would people be salty about? Don't you have to be a successful, winning team in order to make people salty? I don't think people have ever disliked them because they are too good or something.
Well as a Michigan fan we have plenty to be salty about in regards to ND... With that bitch ass move they pulled on us

Well as a Michigan fan we have plenty to be salty about in regards to ND... With that bitch ass move they pulled on us

The worst part for Wolverine fans is that nobody at ND actually cares about Michigan. USC is our rival. Being tied to the ACC was way more important than playing the team who blackballed ND from the BIG 10 because of anti-Catholic bigotry...and people have never forgotten that. 9 out of 10 fans would rather bring back Michigan State as a yearly series.

Sick of updating NCAA 2014, why couldn't we have gotten just one on the next gen systems. :(

Bought Madden 17, and going all the way with the Seahawks is fun, but its just not the same.

jfkgoblue

The worst part for Wolverine fans is that nobody at ND actually cares about Michigan. USC is our rival. Being tied to the ACC was way more important than playing the team who blackballed ND from the BIG 10 because of anti-Catholic bigotry...and people have never forgotten that. 9 out of 10 fans would rather bring back Michigan State as a yearly series.
ND was never our primary(or secondary) rival either... I really don't see the point of this post either, ND was offered a chance to join the B10 later and declined, so that's a pretty dumb reason to hate Michigan

I guess the fans would rather have Sparty because that game was fairly even, while Michigan dominated ND even during the shitty Rich Rod/Hoke years

ND was never our primary(or secondary) rival either... I really don't see the point of this post either, ND was offered a chance to join the B10 later and declined, so that's a pretty dumb reason to hate Michigan

I guess the fans would rather have Sparty because that game was fairly even, while Michigan dominated ND even during the shitty Rich Rod/Hoke years

I think you missed my point. ND will never join the Big 10 after being blackballed way back in the day even though they've been asked multiple times and it's the same reason we'd rather bring back Sparty.

We'd rather have Sparty because they actually agreed to play us during the huge span of years that Michigan wouldn't when their AD was a bigot. We've played Sparty 35 more times than Michigan. Hell we've played Northwestern more times than Michigan. ND doesn't need to play Michigan as much as Michigan would benefit from playing us. It's just business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom