• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
They wear jorts, I'm not sure awkward is in the vocabulary.

Yo man shut the fuck up. We don't wear jorts anymore and haven't for a long time.

Nowadays it's all about...whatever this is

1l7smc.gif

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
To quote myself again after last night's game

Vanillalite said:
If your team got a win take it no matter against who or how much. A ton of fans today would love to have a W who don't.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
The apology letter probably be " I'm sorry, my bad. We cool?"

Did the punishment come out yet for the LSU lineman?
Not yet. It's a holiday weekend, so it takes a while to get the whole team together to vote on it.

Also congrats to Tejas! Now go forth and lose the rest of your games! You too, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State and Oklahoma.

ryan-ts

I think you missed my point. ND will never join the Big 10 after being blackballed way back in the day even though they've been asked multiple times and it's the same reason we'd rather bring back Sparty.

We'd rather have Sparty because they actually agreed to play us during the huge span of years that Michigan wouldn't when their AD was a bigot. We've played Sparty 35 more times than Michigan. Hell we've played Northwestern more times than Michigan. ND doesn't need to play Michigan as much as Michigan would benefit from playing us. It's just business.

Michigan and ND played for 14 straight years and will soon be playing again. It may not be the biggest game for either side but to pretend like this rivalry isn't important for both teams is dumb.

Neither team really needs the other, both teams are huge and will play their fair share of quality teams each year. It's probably coincidence but you can't argue that Michigan had won 6 of the last 8 games before Notre Dame announced they were moving on.

ag-my001

Didn't watch past the first quarter, but catching up via these posts was hilarious. Couple of thoughts:

-There goes Texas copying A&M again with the late game collapse followed by an OT win. Always have to copy the senior school.

-"You take the lead for Coach Hermann." "No, you, I insist."

-What-a-burger is indeed located on the Pilgrim's Progress towards the Gate of Salvation. Early editions of Bunyan's classic mentioned the Honey BBQ Chicken Tender Sandwich by name, but this was somehow lost later on.

-WE STILL GOT ONE MORE GAME TONIGHT!

pxleyes

Banned
People dislike them because they could slap a pregnant grandmother, resurrect hitler, and write into law the Star Wars Prequels were good films, and they would still get more attention, money, and a shot at a rank/bowl game every year no matter their record.

Its time us fans embrace that, and rub it in.

/heelturn
LOLOLOOLOLLOOLOLOLOLOLOL

you lost

Sephzilla

Just browsing around a few sports sites and go figure Wisconsin isn't getting much respect for beating LSU. Basically sounds like LSU lost the game, even though Wisconsin controlled the game and all of LSU's points came off of Wisconsin mistakes

ag-my001

Just browsing around a few sports sites and go figure Wisconsin isn't getting much respect for beating LSU. Basically sounds like LSU lost the game, even though Wisconsin controlled the game and all of LSU's points came off of Wisconsin mistakes
Saw a link to that on sbnation. I'll leave this here for comparison.

Only two things to do:

1) Rave like a mad man on Twitter.

2) Realize sports writing can be an echo chamber, so just root for your team anyway.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Again that's conjecture and I get that matters for polls.

Still Wisconsin got the W which is what will matter in the long run when this post game hot take madness ends.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-alabama-usc-grades-tide-front-seven-put-on-a-show/

Top defensive grades:

DE Jonathan Allen, 88.8
LB Reuben Foster, 85.4
LB Shaun Dion Hamilton, 84.2
CB Marlon Humphrey, 83.2
DE Tim Williams, 80.2

Bama’s defense simply too big, too fast, too strong for USC

There are no better words to describe how I felt grading the Crimson Tide defense Saturday night other than “in awe.” It’s almost a given that the whole front seven will be playing in the NFL. The grades are absurd and there’s not nearly enough space here to give every player their due. The projected high draft picks did not disappoint, though. Interior lineman Jonathan Allen had the highest-graded game of his college career while edge rusher Tim Williams recorded a pressure on a whopping 29 percent of his pass rushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom