• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Two: You get a cupcake, and you get a cupcake...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skunking happens through light exposure and is basically impossible through brown glass, much less cardboard.

Skunking refers to the cleaving of hop compounds that then bind to sulfur already present in the beer to form a mercaptan that is effectively identical to the active ingredient in a skunk's spray. So skunked beer literally smells like skunk spray. While brown glass is very effective at filtering out the spectrum of light that causes skunking to happen, green and clear glass are useless at it. The skunking can happen really rapidly too. I can usually notice a difference after just a few minutes in direct sunlight when I'm drinking a hoppy beer in a glass out in the sun.

Heat accelerates oxidative reactions though and can lead to much quicker staling.

Sometimes I read your posts and wonder when I had an out of body experience and posted something I don't remember posting. I'm gonna do a small 1 gallon homebrew batch this weekend. First time doing it. Have to think of some stupid CFB related name.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Sometimes I read your posts and wonder when I had an out of body experience and posted something I don't remember posting. I'm gonna do a small 1 gallon homebrew batch this weekend. First time doing it. Have to think of some stupid CFB related name.

Currently brewing the first of two 1000 gal batches for today!

wuRUErt.jpg

I would love to work at/run a craft brewery or distillery some day. One of my dream jobs. But I want to get some significant homebrew experience under my belt.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Arizona State was second to last in the country in passing defense last season, and are currently 117th in the country this season after one game against an FCS opponent.

This must be what LSU felt like looking at our run defense stats before the bowl game.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Putin and Rush Limbaugh are Nebraska fans?

Rush Limbaugh actually is. I haven't heard about him being in Nebraska a while, maybe he gave up given how shitty we've been.

But as of like 5-6 years ago I think he almost always made at least one game a year down on the sideline.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Today's Games:

FBS
  • Maryland @ Florida International (CBSSN, 7:30PM ET)
  • #13 Louisville @ Syracuse (ESPN2, 8PM ET)

FCS
  • No Games

DII and DIII

andycapps

Per Ed Aschoff of ESPN:

What might be the most impressive stat about Nick Chubb's return is that 194 of his 222 rushing yards came with at least eight defenders in the box. That ranked first nationally. He averaged 7.76 ypc on these runs.

Greenymac

Per Ed Aschoff of ESPN:

If that's the case, then the Pittman hire is already paying dividends. I know I saw at least 5 Plays with 3 TE sets. Im hoping to see more passing out of that set very soon. Can set up some nasty mismatches in the middle and high percentage throws for Eason...

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Looking forward to game 2 and seeing what this offense looks like with a less talented D than ND has.

Getting up at 6AM to get 25 pounds of brisket and some sausage in the smoker for kickoff. Head to the tailgate around 4 or so, and hit the bars around 11 or so.

I know we're going to have some hicups this season, but feels good man. This has been a fucking rough 8 years.

Wish there were some actual good games this week.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Time lapse video of "construction" of field.
Mostly just bringing in dirt to level the infield, before the grass/turf is brought in.

3 — The years in the making of the game, first announced in 2013

19 — The number of days crews spent converting the racetrack into a football-ready stadium

20 — The number of hours spent polishing just the football on the 88-pound trophy that stands more than 2 feet tall

130 — The number of light towers and generators added

240 — The number of tour buses brought in to transport fans from parking sites to the stadium

450 — The number of truckloads of rocks and manufactured sand used for the field base, weighing 10,600 tons

5,000 — The number of premium seats installed on the infield

100,200 — The square footage of artificial turf installed for the playing surface and sidelines

115,109 — The previous record attendance for a college football game when Michigan hosted Notre Dame in 2013. About 150,000 fans are expected for Saturday’s event

$125.5M — The direct economic impact to the region, according to the Bristol Chamber of Commerce

So really, there are 5,000 seats that are actually "normal" distance from the field.

Looking forward to game 2 and seeing what this offense looks like with a less talented D than ND has.

Getting up at 6AM to get 25 pounds of brisket and some sausage in the smoker for kickoff. Head to the tailgate around 4 or so, and hit the bars around 11 or so.

I know we're going to have some hicups this season, but feels good man. This has been a fucking rough 8 years.

Wish there were some actual good games this week.

Talented defense? They gave up an average of 45.33 points over the last three games.

KodaRuss

I am headed to Arkansas at TCU this weekend, one of the few decent games this week.

Ill be trying to keep up with the Longhorns but since it is on the Longhorn Network I doubt Ill be able to find it on in the stadium anywhere.

Ill probably watch the replay. Looking forward to seeing the Horns again, this team looks like a lot of fun. Been a while since I can say that.

andycapps

If that's the case, then the Pittman hire is already paying dividends. I know I saw at least 5 Plays with 3 TE sets. Im hoping to see more passing out of that set very soon. Can set up some nasty mismatches in the middle and high percentage throws for Eason...

Those 3 tight ends and a fullback where really fun to see, but I'm hoping that they start completing more passes to tight ends. I know a couple passes to them were dropped the other day.

Definitely feel good about your team, but keep one thing in mind, just in case

GvTHkwt.jpg
Good point and noted.

Greenymac

Those 3 tight ends and a fullback where really fun to see, but I'm hoping that they start completing more passes to tight ends. I know a couple passes to them were dropped the other day.

Good point and noted.

Also hoping to see very light carries for Chubb. Id like him to see at most 15 touches, then get some young guys some game work assuming we are ahead comfortably and in control...I bet Tennessee fans said the same thing this time last week....

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I wonder why the Ramblin Wreck was at UGA's Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall today.

RdDE3QDh.jpg

side-note: my undergrad was so unoriginal with their fight song that we basically just stole "Rambing Wreck", put it in the form of a rapid fire chant (no band lol), and used it as our own

Where were you when I made my gallon of cider?

Gonna try again this year, but do a gallon of mead as well to blend in afterwards.

I made like five gallons of '''''''wine''''''' as a senior project. My dad and I are gonna start making a Swedish-style mead soon too.

I'm cross posting here, because you all also give me shit for my shitty choices in alcohol. There's a reason for that, and it's my mother.

My bf is going on a bachelor's weekend with two of his friends (one is getting married). They're going to Cbus and drinking all weekend and then going to the OSU game tomorrow. They're also going to a strip club, which they find hilarious since they're both straight. So they're talking about what they're going to do (including a lap dance for him)

But, my mom is listening to this whole thing.

Mom: Wait, you boys are going to a strip club?
Colt (my bf): Uh, ya, that's what they tell me.
Mom: You got money?
Colt: Sorry?
Mom: You got money? Cash. Them girls like cash.
Colt; I don't think I really need--
Mom: What if one of them girls has nice ta-tas and you don't have cash?
: queue up my bf's friends trying not to lose their shit :
Mom: Get me my purse. Adam? Get me my purse. (Which still has a fucking Hillary bumpersticker safety pinned to it, fyi)

She proceeds to open her purse and pull out a wad of $1 bills bigger than my fist.

Me: Where in the hell did you get all those ones?
Mom: I got them when MaryLou (90 year old neighbor!) and I went to the drag queens. Only a few had p-ssys that were on fire, so I had a lot left.

: shoves the wad of Dollar bills into my bfs hand :

Mom: Here you go, sweetheart. Share it with your little friends. You boys have fun.

Get to watch a preview of the next two teams UCF is playing after Michigan tonight. FIU vs. Maryland in Miami. We host Maryland next week, then FIU the week after.

Nialrot

Get to watch a preview of the next two teams UCF is playing after Michigan tonight. FIU vs. Maryland in Miami. We host Maryland next week, then FIU the week after.

Kind of feel like the Maryland game may be winnable.

But I could be talking out of my ass.

Kind of feel like the Maryland game may be winnable.

But I could be talking out of my ass.

UCF should be able to beat Maryland. I still have an irrational hope that they'll manage an App State and beat Michigan. I believe in you UCF.

Is your pussy being on fire a good thing?

If you're a stripper, I'd assume not....but if you're a drag queen, yes. It's just a way of saying "You're amazing, and you did good and you rock" My mom is almost 70 and uses it almost daily.

For example:

Urban did good with them boys. His pussy is on fire this year, I think.

Theyre all pretty awful, some more so than others.

My "favorites" are the ones that serve food around here and have booths.

WEll, by not throwing a bitch fit that he gets to go to the Ohio State game without me, I got Star Wars sheets (he wanted boring ass egyptian cotton shit) and tickets to take me and the boys to a Crew game.

Plus, I didn't have to go to a strip club, so that's nice.

Although, I did slightly get my revenge by giving his friend money to pay for a lap dance for him. lol

The producer & directors on my current gig picked up tickets for the noon umich/ucf game. The producer asked if they'd be cool leaving Detroit at noon.

Bless them.

There are some.

Not in the corners, but on the straights there are.

See the image I quoted above.
Huh! I glossed right over that.

None in the corners for sight line reasons, I guess...? Pretty much all the sight lines are going to be garbage though (or you're going to need binoculars)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom