• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Poor Cole. I had a bad feeling that one day his gratuitous use of the "n" word would do him in. ( even though I think he was black? But regardless, that word doesn't fly too well on an anonymous forum no matter what color you are )

Anyways, I think some Baylor fan is tampering with the 247 recruiting aggregate. No way do they have the #1 class for 2018

36152182022_6b66c6f2ab_z.jpg

Don't actually see anything really recent that "did him in". Best guess was in TBC topic, where he's got choice words for anyone debating, or thinking of watching, that HBO show that is years away from being started on.

Or his overblown opinion of Spiderman > Batman. Absurd. Or that maybe that Nebraska quip ruffled some feathers.

I'm sure there's no one or 4 people we could ask what's going on.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying not to let the annual kool-aid fest that is fall camp, but if there's one thing I'm sure of looking down the new roster it's that it will be nice to see a defense that at least has the height and weight of a P5 defense for the first time in a while.

For the first year in a while we shouldn't have linebackers and rush ends playing defensive end, or defensive ends playing defensive tackle, etc. All but 2 DBs in the projected 2-deep are listed 190+, and all but 3 are listed 6'0"+. We can actually field 3 decent, natural linebackers that are all 230 pounds or more and I can't remember the last time that happened.

Hopefully they can actually play like a real defense instead of just looking like one.

Kevtones

Another 3/4* OL commit for Oregon today.

Apparently 3 more silent commits on tap this week. Malcom Lamar and Devon Williams among them.

Don't actually see anything really recent that "did him in". Best guess was in TBC topic, where he's got choice words for anyone debating, or thinking of watching, that HBO show that is years away from being started on.

Or his overblown opinion of Spiderman > Batman. Absurd. Or that maybe that Nebraska quip ruffled some feathers.

I'm sure there's no one or 4 people we could ask what's going on.

There was a post he made in this thread that has since been completely deleted by one of the mods that lurk here. It was a meme with Jerry ( from Tom and Jerry ) and it had the "N" word on it.

I just hope one of our mods at least PM'd him a warning about his N word usage before giving him the boot.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Ok big news day today!

ESPN just released their official press release for the up coming season detailing their CFB coverage. Without further ado here it is.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2017/08/lets-talk-college-football-espn-commentators-2017-season/

2017 College Football Commentator Teams

Game Commentators

ABC Saturday Night Football Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit, Maria Taylor
ESPN Saturday Night Primetime Joe Tessitore, Todd Blackledge, Holly Rowe
ESPN or ABC Saturday Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Todd McShay
ESPN or ABC Saturday Dave Pasch, Greg McElroy, Tom Luginbill
ESPN or ABC Saturday Bob Wischusen, Brock Huard, Allison Williams
ESPN or ABC Saturday Mike Patrick, Tommy Tuberville, Paul Carcaterra
ESPN or ABC Saturday Mark Jones, Rod Gilmore, Quint Kessenich
ESPN or ABC Saturday Jason Benetti, Kelly Stouffer, Kris Budden
ESPN or ABC Saturday Beth Mowins, Anthony Becht, Rocky Boiman
ESPN or ABC Saturday Anish Shroff, Ahmad Brooks, Roddy Jones
ESPN Thursday Dave Flemming, Rotating Analyst, Laura Rutledge
ESPN Friday Adam Amin, Dusty Dvoracek, Molly McGrath
(plus Mack Brown on select extra Friday games)

SEC Saturday Night Tom Hart, Jordan Rodgers, Cole Cubelic
SEC Network Saturday Taylor Zarzour, Andre Ware, Olivia Harlan
SEC Network Saturday Dave Neal, Matt Stinchcomb, Dawn Davenport
ESPNU Saturday Clay Matvick, Kirk Morrison
ESPNU Saturday Mike Couzens, John Congemi
ESPNU Saturday Roy Philpott, Tom Ramsey
ESPNU/ESPNNEWS Sat. Mike Corey, Rene Ingoglia
ESPNU Thursday Eric Clemons, Jay Walker
ESPN/ESPN2 Midweek Chris Cotter, Desmond Howard, Quint Kessenich
ESPN/ESPN2 Midweek Kevin Negandhi, Tom Luginbill/Rocky Boiman
Longhorn Network Lowell Galindo, Ahmad Brooks
ESPN Radio Bill Rosinski, David Norrie, Ian Fitzsimmons
ESPNU Friday – High School Football Kevin Brown, Craig Haubert

Commentating groups subject to change; Game assignments for week 1 will be announced soon

Also specifically worth noting they blew up the Thursday Night crew.

New this year, ESPN will rotate analysts to be paired in the booth with play-by-play voice Dave Flemming. Flemming, who returns to the Thursday night telecast with a new contract this season, will be paired with a variety of personalities. Laura Rutledge will be the sideline reporter each week in addition to her new gig hosting SEC Nation each Saturday.

Lunar15

It's going to be weird watching SEC games on CBS and not hearing Verne. I was never a huge fan, but you can't deny that he and Danielson were the SEC for a while.

Last year it was some random ass country song from a random ass country artist. Hopefully they'll pick a song from a more well known artist this time like Taylor Swift or Pitbull

So I've been reading gaming side a little bit again, and I'm very disturbed by the huge amount of Switch port begging that goes on there.

Just needed to get that out there. I wonder what the CFB equivalent to it would be!

LionPride

Banned
So I've been reading gaming side a little bit again, and I'm very disturbed by the huge amount of Switch port begging that goes on there.

Just needed to get that out there. I wonder what the CFB equivalent to it would be!
Realignment begging

I may be biased because I'm just listening to Podcast Ain't Played Nobody all day long

Top Bottom