• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggus

I'm watching this game at work, and the task I'm working on just so happens to involve a book called "No Defense."

lel

squicken

Texas has to give Charlie one more year.

A&M, on the other hand, is probably wondering if a recording of locker room turmoil could be leaked right about now.

Man, I would love for Chip to replace Sumlin, but he said he wants to stay in the NFL

Enjoying Baylor beat up on this Big 12 defense without a QB

andycapps

We need Les Miles to do some Les Miles things tonight.

@PriceAtkinson: Source: #Clemson has sent home three players from the #OrangeBowl for violation of team rules (Deon Cain, Ammon Lakip, Jay Jay McCullough).

K.Sabot

I know, non-playoff bowl game and all, but you think the fact that Baylor just put down UNC in a more convincing fashion than Clemson a few weeks ago would mean something for the strength of Clemson going into the playoff?

edit: also shit like that above me lol

squicken

Problem is the ACC's pretty garbage outside of the top 2 teams (not including UNC in this). Hope Richt gets Miami back up.

Baylor, that is known for throwing it 60 times a game, decided to just run the ball and ran for 650 yards. I don't even know where that ranks on the conference pissing contest chart

ESPN reporting that those Clempson players were suspended for failed drug tests.

You mean the guy who was suspended for the first three games for getting busted with cocaine and the guy who didn't go to Miami the first time because of a failed test got busted again? I, for one, am shocked.

The only one that really hurts is Cain since we needed him to stretch the field.

Rams got 2 T.O. left and letting Nevada run the clock down. And the ball it's at the CSU 5

E: Poor Colorado St ran out of time to snap the ball..

I don't know but 90% of the tortillas being thrown don't even make the field and instead just hit other tech fans in the head. We have people in the high part of the stadium trying to throw tortillas on the field. They don't make it to say the least

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Baylor, that is known for throwing it 60 times a game, decided to just run the ball and ran for 650 yards. I don't even know where that ranks on the conference pissing contest chart

The last 5 years, Baylor's national finish in rushing yards/game has been 4th, 29th, 13th, 14th, 10th. Passing game gets the headlines but their run game has been pretty damn good as well.

I don't know but 90% of the tortillas being thrown don't even make the field and instead just hit other tech fans in the head. We have people in the high part of the stadium trying to throw tortillas on the field. They don't make it to say the least

We did manage to get one stuck in the field goal net of the Texas Tech end zone, though.

It's not really so much about getting them on the field, anyway, it's more like throwing caps at graduations. Many people do aim for the field but most are just throwing them upwards or vaguely in the direction of the field.

andycapps

You mean the guy who was suspended for the first three games for getting busted with cocaine and the guy who didn't go to Miami the first time because of a failed test got busted again? I, for one, am shocked.

The only one that really hurts is Cain since we needed him to stretch the field.

Haha oh wow, cocaine. Going for that Miami lifestyle.

Time to pay off Helton! Chip Kelly just got kicked to the curb in Philly

No kidding.. Though the most intriguing landing spot for me seems to be Cleveland. I mean, what could go wrong?

But really, if Mora were to go pro I could see Kelly ending up at UCLA.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
was going to post that.

Will have to settle to say that Auburn will be playing a bowl game within the hour.

andycapps

was going to post that.

Will have to settle to say that Auburn will be playing a bowl game within the hour.

At historic Legion Field! I hope Memphis destroys them.

Why the lateral move?

Knowing Auburn, they're making him the highest paid DC in the country. For an athletic department in the red, they're spending a ton of money constantly. Where Bama spends money and it seems to pay off, Auburn just seems to spend money on random shit.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
At historic Legion Field! I hope Memphis destroys them.

Knowing Auburn, they're making him the highest paid DC in the country. For an athletic department in the red, they're spending a ton of money constantly. Where Bama spends money and it seems to pay off, Auburn just seems to spend money on random shit.

Yeah, I think Alabama might consistently be the biggest spender every year, but I'm pretty sure they've been in the black every year for awhile now.

Now, they could try to stockpile that money like Texas does, but really, why? What's the point of stockpiling the money, if you are a university and not a human being? They're constantly adding buildings to the campus, they've done all they could to the original Bryant Denny Stadium that they could (besides going the Tennessee route and cutting all the seats down 6 inches and width, to fit in more seats).

Spend that money to win, baby.

Not buy a gigantic epileptic disaster in the making that Auburn has. People can see the glare off that thing from miles away.

andycapps

Yeah, I think Alabama might consistently be the biggest spender every year, but I'm pretty sure they've been in the black every year for awhile now.

Now, they could try to stockpile that money like Texas does, but really, why? What's the point of stockpiling the money, if you are a university and not a human being? They're constantly adding buildings to the campus, they've done all they could to the original Bryant Denny Stadium that they could (besides going the Tennessee route and cutting all the seats down 6 inches and width, to fit in more seats).

Spend that money to win, baby.

Auburn just spent almost a million dollars to put up some 300 yard interactive display in their indoor facility. Not that $1 million is a ton in the grand scheme of things, but it speaks to my point at Auburn spending money just to spend it and show people how much they're supporting the program. And obviously they spent all that money on the video board at Jordan-Hare this last year.

They're also paying Chizik not to coach, as well as their previous basketball coach. And pretty soon they'll be paying Malzahn not to coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom