• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wonder if mre is still around and kicking.

Did we ever have a final tally of his pick'em's?

andycapps

Wonder if mre is still around and kicking.

Did we ever have a final tally of his pick'em's?

Last online today so I'm assuming he's busy.

Further update on Steele coming from LSU, Auburn would be paying half of his $500k buyout, with Steele paying the other half. Auburn making more dumb decisions. And I'm sure they're giving him the 3 year contract that he wanted at LSU (only got 2, which probably led to him wanting to leave). Then when Malzahn is fired next year, the new coach will likely fire Steele and be paying his buyout plus Malzahn and the other assistant coaches.

Lonestar

This is perfect.

"I mean, really, what HANDSOME GENIUS is killing all these people, and with such style?" Nick wondered, driving away on his boat smiling

CXfWW8lWMAAyWNz.png

andycapps

hey, how's the crowd? Half full? Less? Post pics!

I haven't seen a crowd shot yet. Which makes me think it's pretty empty. Just had a brief shot of part of the crowd and missed it. They seem to be cutting away from the crowd so quickly that I can't see how many people are there.

Lonestar

CXfZA2iUQAAms6d.jpg

Urbz getting a tostitos filled giftbasket

I haven't seen a crowd shot yet. Which makes me think it's pretty empty. Just had a brief shot of part of the crowd and missed it. Damn.

CXfGPzwWwAEd2MQ.jpg

Thats from an hour or 2 before game, via Beth the Play By Play announcer.

andycapps

Sean White looks awful so far. One interception so far, and almost gave up another but the DB tipped it to himself and couldn't hang on. Threw way off target from his receiver so that he had to slow down and come back for it.

This is what I was able to get just now from my iPhone.
sIwjqxjh.jpg

andycapps

Paxton Lynch is probably going to be a pretty good NFL QB since I would assume his receivers will be able to catch perfectly well thrown balls that hit them in the hands when they're standing still.

andycapps

I'll just go ahead and mark that first game of next season as a win then.

Seems a safe assumption. Auburn's schedule next year is rough.

Sept. 3: Clemson
Sept. 10: Arkansas State
Sept. 17: Texas A&M
Sept. 24: LSU
Oct. 1: ULM
Oct. 8: at Mississippi State
Oct. 15: Open
Oct. 22: Arkansas
Oct. 29: at Ole Miss
Nov. 5: Vanderbilt
Nov. 12: at Georgia
Nov. 19: Alabama A&M
Nov. 26: at Alabama

Sean White just threw another interception, this one for a pick-6. Tied up at 10-10 now.

Lonestar

heh, I can almost imagine what these throws looked like.

on the bingo card, would the Interception box count, if it's not JJ throwing the picks?

andycapps

heh, I can almost imagine what these throws looked like.

on the bingo card, would the Interception box count, if it's not JJ throwing the picks?

I think they'd count, yes. And if you took a shot for each interception, I think you might be dead by the end of this game. Auburn should think of taking a page out of Baylor's book. Just put some fast people back there and have them run it every play. Doesn't really matter who it is.

Lonestar

CXfpU3OWkAAq4ur.png

looks like Memphis drove inside the 10 yard line, and threw an interception in the endzone

andycapps

CXfpU3OWkAAq4ur.png

looks like Memphis drove inside the 10 yard line, and threw an interception in the endzone

That's correct. This is an ugly game.

Announcer actually just said about a player "he's coming in that big, beefy package." Uh woah man, are you still watching the game?

Lonestar

Kevin Steele must certainly feel good about himself.

An alright enough position coach, and one time highly touted recruiter, but being in a money battle between 2 top 15 all time programs at a coordinator position...highlights how Saban-crazy things have gotten in the SECw.

andycapps

An alright enough position coach, and one time highly touted recruiter, but being in a money battle between 2 top 15 all time programs at a coordinator position...highlights how Saban-crazy things have gotten in the SECw.

If he sticks with LSU as is being rumored now, that's the 3rd known coordinator to turn them down since FSU's guy and Penn State's guy turned them down already. Embarrassing.

Draxal

It's weird, but even though we're going to lost alot of the games we're in, I love being in the Big Ten East because of all the incestuous coaching drama we have here. It's just a fun division for news alone, as I now have a reason to hate the Bucktrams.

Piggus

You got a free bag of chips and salsa when Tostitos was sponsoring the Fiesta Bowl/National Championship. Can Battlefrog top that? I think not.

Lonestar

battlefrog is basically a bunch of obstacle courses, "designed by Navy SEALS"

No idea where the ad money came from, but I'm assuming recovered drug money and middle eastern gold.

andycapps

I refuse to believe that's a thing. I will continue to make Tostitos jokes.

Fight the good fight, brother.

You got a free bag of chips and salsa when Tostitos was sponsoring the Fiesta Bowl/National Championship. Can Battlefrog top that? I think not.

Seems like it's some obstacle course thing, like Tough Mudders. It's specifically affiliated in the past with obstacle courses for Navy Seals? Thus the frog part of the name? I don't know, seems like a weird sponsor. Missed opportunity here for Crossfit. We could have posted Crossfit gifs.

Beaten by Lonestar.. I still like my Crossfit bit.

battlefrog is basically a bunch of obstacle courses, "designed by Navy SEALS"

No idea where the ad money came from, but I'm assuming recovered drug money and middle eastern gold.

Or maybe bowl sponsorships don't cost as much as we think. Winner of next years pickem should get bowl naming rights. I want the Free Gondo Sugar Bowl to happen

Piggus

The swag bag better contain something awesome then, like a used car tire or some knotted rope. Still won't top chips and salsa though.

andycapps

Lynch hurting his draft prospects today. Auburn up 24-10.

Commentators just said he isn't talking to anyone when he comes off the field. No coaches, players, nothing. Weird.

Lonestar

Lynch hurting his draft prospects today. Auburn up 24-10.

Commentators just said he isn't talking to anyone when he comes off the field. No coaches, players, nothing. Weird.
Something is wrong, that rb didn't like getting that ball.

Lonestar

Twitter said a Memphis player fought AU equipment staff, stole a football and flicked off the Auburn people as he ran off the field

also hearing a gunshot might have happened in the area.

So all that, it's just another Wednesday on the west side.

Lonestar

Lesion Field, amirite?

@JamesCrepea
Memphis player No. 39 just ran to Auburn equipment personnel, tackled him and stole a football.

@DanaSulonen
Memphis player runs past me carrying what I'm guessing was a game ball. Auburn tried to get back. player runs away while giving the finger.

#39's name: Reggis Ball

Lonestar

Tony Brown sent home. Our best Special Teams gunner and 2nd or 3rd backup in the CB spots.

Lonestar

Greg Ostendorf ‏@GregO_ESPN 2m2 minutes ago
Gus Malzahn confirms that LSU's Kevin Steele will be Auburn's next defensive coordinator.
Fail a drug test?

good ole "violation of team rules" so "anything/everything"

more on the ball ball thief:
BIRMINGHAM, Ala.

Auburn players ran to midfield to celebrate the program’s first bowl win since 2011 while a bizarre scene unfolded on its sideline.

Memphis safety Reggis Ball stole a football from Auburn’s equipment staff as they worked to gather up the game and practice balls. There was pushing and shoving as Ball fought his way free.

Ball ran off the field giving the middle finger to Auburn’s fans and sideline.

Members of Auburn’s equipment staff were alerted Ball tries to steal a football from opposing teams after the game every time he gets an interception.

Ball had two interceptions in the 31-10 loss and returned his second pick for a touchdown in the second quarter, but he didn’t get away with one of Auburn’s eight game balls.

Auburn’s equipment staff said Ball made off with one of the team’s practice footballs that was lying in the kicking nets on the ground.

Memphis interim coach Darrell Dickey was asked about the incident in his postgame press conference.

“I was hearing bits and pieces of what happen, they are in the dressing room sorting it out,” Dickey said. “We will look into what went on, that’s not us.”

:lol he's a known quantity.

Ganhyun

Clemson having to dismiss players and Bama having to send a player home is going to end up opening the door for a Sooner/Sparty national title game isnt it?

andycapps

more on the ball ball thief:

:lol he's a known quantity.

How dare he disrespect the Auburn Family like that, PAWWWWLLLL.

And the Bizarro Bulldogs are up 14-0 on NC State.

Ganhyun said:
Clemson having to dismiss players and Bama having to send a player home is going to end up opening the door for a Sooner/Sparty national title game isnt it?

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. I've been wondering if Michigan State has more of a chance in this game just due to the whole "Can't get no respect" schtick that they thrive off of. The tangibles all favor Bama, but it's those intangibles that I'm not sure about. It'll be a fun game.

Lonestar

Well, Alabama sent home 2 current starters (Ryan Anderson and Dillion Lee) before the Notre Dame game. Tony Brown can show some quality signs, but he's not a main cog. I also doubt he's involved in the cocaaaaaaine

6_4148008.JPG

Does have the hair for exquisite good times, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom