• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

Why did the new Rutgers staff miss out on the class of 2016 #1 runningback in the nation when he is in the backyard of Rutgers in New Jersey? He chose another B1G school!

Honestly, Walker is overrated the guy, Mitchell is the guy from NJ that went to UM that Rutgers really wanted.

Rashan Gary is the guy that's going to make me upset (predicting Auburn or Ole Miss for him for reasons).

Why did the new Rutgers staff miss out on the class of 2016 #1 runningback in the nation when he is in the backyard of Rutgers in New Jersey? He chose another B1G school!

We've added "Lightning" Trey Sneed instead.

He's going to be better than Walker. I've looked at both of their tapes. I know.

Dsyndrome

Finally did my picks, was able to transfer everything from ESPN to Yahoo minus the highly-touted Celebration Bowl. Curious why that was on ESPN's list since both teams are FCS.

cashman

Banned
@DanWolken 10m10 minutes ago
Just out of curiosity browsed some Aggie message boards today to see the temperature and learned Spurrier to A&M as OC was a serious topic.

Never go full aggie

andycapps

Can't wait to hear the political fallout from this, if it happens.
Oh yeah, would be incredible. Even better, if they fire him, they have to pay him his full remaining buyout within 60 days. His contract was 6 years, 30 million. I think he'd have 4 years left? 3 or 4.

ag-my001

Oh yeah, would be incredible. Even better, if they fire him, they have to pay him his full remaining buyout within 60 days. His contract was 6 years, 30 million. I think he'd have 4 years left? 3 or 4.
I thought he started with three years and got a seven year extension after year one. Maybe it was for seven total instead.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/12/sec_consensus_all-americans_by.html
1 All-American team prevented Alabama C Ryan Kelly from being a unanimous All-American selection in 2015. A unanimous All-American is a player picked for the first team by each of the five selectors used by the NCAA to compile the consensus team. The Associated Press chose Jack Allen of Michigan State as the All-American center. Kelly was the center on the AP's second team. Alabama and Michigan State square off in the Cotton Bowl on Dec. 31.

Now that's some disrespect. MSUn is screwrekted

andycapps

Well that's obviously not what I meant, but if we do it won't have shit to do with Travis' opinion. That man hates Bama like no other.

That's one thing Clay Travis is right about. ;p

I thought he started with three years and got a seven year extension after year one. Maybe it was for seven total instead.
This is the first result on Google from December 2013, so it must be right.

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Texas A&M's board of regents approved coach Kevin Sumlin's new six-year contract during a special telephonic meeting Thursday, and the deal includes a handsome raise and a hefty buyout for the sixth-year coach.

The school announced that Sumlin's salary has been elevated to $5 million, up from the $3.1 million annual salary from the contract he signed in January on the heels of the Aggies' 11-2 debut season in the SEC. The deal will pay Sumlin $30 million over the next six years. It also includes a large buyout. If Sumlin leaves before the end of the 2016 season, he'll have to pay $5 million to get out of the deal.

ryseing

@DanWolken 10m10 minutes ago
Just out of curiosity browsed some Aggie message boards today to see the temperature and learned Spurrier to A&M as OC was a serious topic.

Never go full aggie

Best Aggie related stupid absurdity ever.
I would compare it to the iPhone. Texas A&M is the iPhone - a big brand. We always hear about how new phones are "iPhone Killers" but never kill the iPhone. While these iPhone killers may be more impressive pieces of technology that are more powerful and functional, the iPhone still outsells them big time. Baylor and TCU are those iPhone killers. They may be better on the field, but in the big picture, adding in factors like attendance and recruiting and TV ratings, they don't stack up. Texas A&M is the brand name.

Scared to look

He was banned for being "passive aggressive" towards another user. I know we're not supposed to discuss bans, but the mod in that thread made it clear why he and another poster got the axe. I seriously doubt he was Gondo'd though. Probably a standard 2 weeker.

BTW I haven't given up hope on Gondo. 3 month bans are common and his 3 month banniversary is December 21st. Maybe a Christmas miracle will happen

Maybe it is because I haven't really slept since yesterday, or the beers tonight, but am I seeing Ricky Williams on ESPN College Football Live as a panelist?

Like what?

Yep. Most people will think this is his debut, since only a few people know he has done work on LHN

I just figured he'd want nothing to do with football at any level after the New Orleans and Miami experiences. But good to see the progress given his past social anxiety issues. Had to overcome a lot to take on national TV.

I wonder if Kyle Allen goes to ASU now? Hope both him and Murray go Pac 12. Towels made a mistake going to BC, but it's hard to question the judgement of the best quarterback in the SEC this past year.

ryseing

hey, speaking of iphones, the last time Tennessee beat Alabama, there wasn't a single iphone in the stadium (or world)

Also, that satellite that took the photo's of Pluto, hadn't launched yet. We sent something to pluto in the time since 10RC's last win over Alabama.

Is it really a rivalry when you haven't won in a decade?

Tennessee's asking that question about both their rivals right now.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
96915fafba9735aa7dfbca91bec62c2dd2fda7a3ce4cb9529ac8a54e9c1d6eb4.jpg

Happily takes my 5-7 bowl of crap
with a shiteating grin

AntoneM

I wonder if Kyle Allen goes to ASU now? Hope both him and Murray go Pac 12. Towels made a mistake going to BC, but it's hard to question the judgement of the best quarterback in the SEC this past year.

I think he's looking for a situation where he sits for a year as the presumptive starter for the next year. That wouldn't be the case at ASU. I doubt he comes "home".

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I won't be doing my fan duties at the New Mexico Bowl as I will be seeing that movie all the kids are talking about. Got my tickets to the movie before they announced the teams! I did, however, put 40 confidence points on the Lobos.

Lunar FC

I won't be doing my fan duties at the New Mexico Bowl as I will be seeing that movie all the kids are talking about. Got my tickets to the movie before they announced the teams! I did, however, put 40 confidence points on the Lobos.

Bruh, who watches movies mid-day?

Never been a huge lobo football guy (basketball guy obviously) but I've followed them more closely this season and this matchup has me nervous. Seems like Arizona has the recievers to rip us apart all day, just hoping we can hang around.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Bruh, who watches movies mid-day?

Never been a huge lobo football guy (basketball guy obviously) but I've followed them more closely this season and this matchup has me nervous. Seems like Arizona has the recievers to rip us apart all day, just hoping we can hang around.

It's my 9 yo nephew's birthday. I'd have gone with the rest of my friends last night, otherwise.

Limedust

hey, speaking of iphones, the last time Tennessee beat Alabama, there wasn't a single iphone in the stadium (or world)

Also, that satellite that took the photo's of Pluto, hadn't launched yet. We sent something to pluto in the time since 10RC's last win over Alabama.

My kid's in 3rd grade this year. She wasn't born the last time UT beat Bama in football.

ag-my001

If you haven't checked it out yet, Shutdown Fullcast is doing a 40 podcast series, one for each bowl game. So far most are 5-10 minutes each, so their a quick, good laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom