• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggus

MSU never had chance with their style of offense, which Bama eats alive. Clemson will be much better against them, but the Tide D is just insane.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
What's really sad is that Alabama doesn't look nearly as good as they did last year.

it's crazy that this was about as close as we've been to our passing game from last year.

defensively, this is about the same as the 2012 defense, maybe a bit better, but behind the 2011 team. That one had the #1 passing defense in both yards and passer rating. That's stupid hard to get.

Ghost23

We aren't even a year removed from a B1G team beating an SEC team and winning the national championship.

This will also be the first SEC win in a BCS/NY6/CFP game in three years.

So, what exactly do you mean?

One solid team (Ohio State) doesn't make a conference.

Lonestar

Mark P ‏@TheAuburner 16m16 minutes ago
Sick of the game, I switch to 'Return of the King' on TNT to see giant Crimson elephants slaughtering men in green.
CXmy2bwWwAAcXQO.jpg

:jnc

Finally, Base Drake has returned

george_us

*On offense. On defense we're much better.

it's crazy that this was about as close as we've been to our passing game from last year.

defensively, this is about the same as the 2012 defense, maybe a bit better, but behind the 2011 team. That one had the #1 passing defense in both yards and passer rating. That's stupid hard to get.
I still think your D is the beneficiary of awful QB play in the SEC but still, they do look better in the secondary. That run D is fucking nasty but you guys have always been stout against pro style teams.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Here come the posters who root for a conference more than their own team.

So weird.
Kind of like how you've been dick riding the B1G in every single one of your posts in these threads, despite going to Pepperdine or some shit.

Lonestar

I still think your D is the beneficiary of awful QB play in the SEC but still, they do look better in the secondary. That run D is fucking nasty but you guys have always been stout against pro style teams.

Dak Prescott, Brandon Allen and Chad "2 play" Kelly were all statistically better than Cook.

See what your mind wants to see I guess.

Stating Ohio State is better than Alabama is not riding the Big Ten. I said it last year before the sugar bowl too and people mocked me. I was right.

Lonestar

Stating Ohio State is better than Alabama is not riding the Big Ten. I said it last year before the sugar bowl too and people mocked me. I was right.

and right now, Alabama appears to be about 41 points better than OSUn.

mre

Yep, my mind has been seeing things.
The fact still remains

Ohio State with one conference loss - out

Alabama with one conference loss - in

Only difference? B1G has a 2nd team worth a damn. And a third for that mater.

I feel really bad for MSU; fans and team. This is a pretty thorough mollywhopping so far. But you guys had an amazing year, and should be happy and proud you made it this far!

we still have three more B1G v SEC bowl games to come

NW v Tennessee
Michigan v Florida
Penn state v Georgia

I thin Tennessee and Georgia will win. Florida to lose against Michigan.

mre

So stating that the B1G was better than the SEC this year is "riding the conference"?

SECs second best team lost to Memphis. Those are just facts.
Buddy, that was just one of your posts from then and you know it. But I'm not getting sucked into that shit again after we just made your conference champion our bitch. Happy new year.

GG to all of our Sparty fans.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
we still have three more B1G v SEC bowl games to come

NW v Tennessee
Michigan v Florida
Penn state v Georgia

I thin Tennessee and Georgia will win. Florida to lose against Michigan.

Half-coachless Georgia? Tennessee will probably win, but I don't think Florida's chances are any worse than Georgia's.

I fully cop to being wrong about this game, really thought Sparty could eek it out if they played well.

Strange to me that Cook didn't throw downfield right from jump street.

Kiffin outcoached Dantonio tonight, shrewd game with attacking the edges (like Herman/Meyer did with tOSU last year against Bama), building Coker's confidence early with easy throws, then he's loose enough to hit a couple deep balls.

Sparty WRs looked tight on some of those drops, but that Bama front 7 is intimidating.

Too bad for Sparty but as an IU fan, I'd love to have their run the past 9 years
(2 wins over Urbz, bunch of wins over your rival, Rose Bowl champs, hail mary against Wisconsin, Little Giants against the Irish, comeback win against Baylor, triple OT win against SEC Georgia, that drive this yr against Iowa).

Still, gotta hurt to get rolled on the big stage.

Lonestar

Well Dak and Kelly lit Bama up. Who's Brandon Allen?

Dak really didn't. Ended with 304 yards on 45 attempts. 6.8 ypa , 0 touchdowns and a passer rating of 103, which is pretty bad.

Brandon Allen is Arkansas' QB, who is right now in the top 5 in Passer rating. 3125 passing yards, 29 TD's and 7 int's. Had a QB rating of 107 against Alabama.

Chip Kelly had about half of his passing yards on a desperation heave that bounced off a helmet and landed in another guy's hand, and a missed illegal play. He's also a proven bar sucker puncher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom