• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy, that was just one of your posts from then and you know it. But I'm not getting sucked into that shit again after we just made your conference champion our bitch. Happy new year.

GG to all of our Sparty fans.

And this is where the disconnect between actual fans of college football and conference honks occurs. I don't root for the Big Ten and my school doesn't even have a football team.

Ohio State made YOUR team their bitch last year. That was glorious.

andycapps

Anyone have a gif or pic of that Henry stiff arm?

Try this.

we still have three more B1G v SEC bowl games to come

NW v Tennessee
Michigan v Florida
Penn state v Georgia

I thin Tennessee and Georgia will win. Florida to lose against Michigan.

UGA doesn't have their head coach, defensive coordinator, or offensive coordinator. Most of the remaining coaches will be gone after the game. I have no idea what to expect out of that game.

I think Bama made MSU play bad. This wasnt the same MSU who played against OSU.

Yeah, the interception & punt runback really knocked MSU off their game. Alabama's defense is nuts.

I feel really bad for MSU; fans and team. This is pretty thorough mollywhopping so far. But you guys had an amazing year, and should be happy and proud you made it this far!

No regrets here. Love the team & love where the program's at. Still work to do.

How so? Ohio State would likely beat Bama this year as well. Please don't start the same rhetoric we heard before the sugar bowl last year. We know how that turned out.

You can't say that.

Lets talk about right now:

'Bama has a better FPI, harder SOS and was higher ranked than OSU in all the major polls and by the Committee.

The one common team they played, Bama won 38-0, OSU lost 17-14 AT HOME.

andycapps

That smile by Saban with Rinaldi was so forced. :jnc

You can't say that.

Lets talk about right now:

'Bama has a better FPI, harder SOS and was higher ranked than OSU in all the major polls and by the Committee.

The one common team they played, Bama won 38-0, OSU lost 17-14 AT HOME.
This is where you say, "I'll hang up and listen, Paul."

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
And this is where the disconnect between actual fans of college football and conference honks occurs. I don't root for the Big Ten and my school doesn't even have a football team.

Ohio State made YOUR team their bitch last year. That was glorious.
Nobody here has been spouting off conference bull shit but you. Indeed, OSU beat Bama last year. Too bad they couldn't beat this MSU team in their own house so we could see how the game would have played out this season.

On topic: funnily enough, a career .550 passer ended up completing about 50% of his passes. I don't get why Cook is so ballyhooed.

Live footage of Nick Saban smiling

So this was the best team the B1G had to offer?

NO4oYFC.jpg

Is this it? Is this all you can conjure, Saruman B1G?

this was all true last year before the sugar bowl.

Similar opponents? Memphis beat Ole Miss, Alabama lost to Ole Miss.....sooo Memphis > Alabama? No sorry.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.

Similar opponents? Memphis beat Ole Miss, Alabama lost to Ole Miss.....sooo Memphis > Alabama? No sorry.

Who cares about last year this year.

I mean other than you.

andycapps

threeballz logic? Threeballz logic.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Auburn beat Memphis, Alabama beat Auburn. Alabama also beat Florida, who beat Ole Miss.

Alabama didn't get shutout last year, just 30-40 yards away from OT.

How in the world am I a troll?

Stating ohio state is better than Alabama as a fan of neither program doesn't make a me a troll.

It was just as outrageous remember last year to say the same before the sugar bowl. Then reality struck.

The reality is MSU isn't in this game if not for the idiotic kicker at Michigan. And Alabama is not in this game if not for the miracle in OT for Arkansas over Ole Miss.

andycapps

Exactly. Why I said "no sorry". He was the one trying to use the threeballz logic with MSU, tOSU and Alabama. Keep up.
The hell are you talking about? Nobody brought up Memphis, Ole Miss, Bama except for you. It was simply stated that MSU beat tOSU at home, thus MSU had the shot at Bama here and not tOSU. It was already settled on the field in that game. That's not theoretical threeballz logic, that's an actual game result.

george_us

Dak really didn't. Ended with 304 yards on 45 attempts. 6.8 ypa , 0 touchdowns and a passer rating of 103, which is pretty bad.

Brandon Allen is Arkansas' QB, who is right now in the top 5 in Passer rating. 3125 passing yards, 29 TD's and 7 int's. Had a QB rating of 107 against Alabama.

Chip Kelly had about half of his passing yards on a desperation heave that bounced off a helmet and landed in another guy's hand, and a missed illegal play. He's also a proven bar sucker puncher.
All I know is fire Tim Beck

bachikarn

Stating ohio state is better than Alabama as a fan of neither program doesn't make a me a troll.

It was just as outrageous remember last year to say the same before the sugar bowl. Then reality struck.

The reality is MSU isn't in this game if not for the idiotic kicker at Michigan. And Alabama is not in this game if not for the miracle in OT for Arkansas over Ole Miss.

What exactly does "better" mean to you?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That was a disgusting beat down for a playoff game. Shameful display by Sparty.

As nice as it is to see a shutout as a fan, it's also kind of a shame from a quality standpoint. Actually wish it was closer just so the team doesn't potentially ride a high off the win.

What he said was actually relevant unlike what you posted regarding Memphis and Ole Miss? Break it down for me, I'm a dumb SEC fan and need your Pepperdine education to enlighten me.

He brought up ThreeBallz logic. Which is apparently "relevant" and okay if Alabama comes out looking good.

I showed why that logic is trash by bringing up Memphis, Ole Miss and Alabama using the same exact format.

Hard day at work?

I don't think you are a troll.

You are a fan of college football, thats ok. And you picked OSU to defeat Bama last year in the sugar bowl, in what was a big come from behind upset. Well done. However, just because you picked one upset winner, doesnt make you an authority on who is the best team in college football.

As far as I can see, you havent given any reason as to why you think OSU are the best team in the country, other than you called the same thing last year (which had no basis either).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom