• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an Ohio State fan, I can easily saw that while the talent level between OSU and Bama are about the same, if OSU played the way they've played all season, this outcome of this game wouldn't have been much different.

Draxal

Last years MSU team was better than this year's MSU team.

Ohio State losing Herman hurt more than expected because his replacement waz really subpar.

pxleyes

Banned
How in the world am I a troll?

Stating ohio state is better than Alabama as a fan of neither program doesn't make a me a troll.

It was just as outrageous remember last year to say the same before the sugar bowl. Then reality struck.

The reality is MSU isn't in this game if not for the idiotic kicker at Michigan. And Alabama is not in this game if not for the miracle in OT for Arkansas over Ole Miss.
Reality is you need a hug.

I'll whisper "sec...sec...sec..." into your ear

He brought up ThreeBallz logic. Which is apparently "relevant" and okay if Alabama comes out looking good.

I showed why that logic is trash by bringing up Memphis, Ole Miss and Alabama using the same exact format.

Hard day at work?

My logic is comparing a common opponent to judge who is a better team, combined with the other metrics of how teams are ranked.

In your example, Memphis or Ole Miss neither have a better FPI, had a harder SOS, and higher ranked in all the major poles and by the committee over Alabama.

Ole Miss defeating Bama was an upset in my sense of how to judge the better team.

Michigan State defeating OSU was an upset based on their rankings at the time, however, final rankings and SOS are on Michigan State's side (FPI is with OSU). Given MSU defeated OSU, at their home, I am happy to say MSU is at least as good as OSU. Sure if you want to argue that OSU is better, I can listen to that, they are pretty evenly matched IMO.

However, MSU just got smashed by Bama. And because of that, I cant understand how you have extrapolated that OSU are better than both of those teams.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
"I grew up watching Tavon Austin."

Is this kid serious?

They're both from Baltimore, and I believe he probably watched him in High School games.

Now that Bama is in the last game, I can say, dammit Clempson, why'd you have to beat OU. I wanted Bama to suffocate OU until their eyes bleed, but you ruined that, just like MSUn ruined Bama's chance to slit OSUn's throat.

CXm52QlUQAAWi-l.jpg
CXm7lDEUkAAnvYP.jpg
henry.0.gif

WTFBBQ

Lunar15

Bama looked real good, but I think MSU was just kinda lucky to be there. Gonna be interesting to see what happens in the final. Clemson also looked pretty hot.

In an alternate world, I think I would have really enjoyed watching Iowa beat Alabama and the ensuing meltdown of everything.

Jamesways

Just wanted to chime in with some B1G nonsense...

This sure makes the Wisconsin loss to Alabama 35-17 not so bad at all. And losing to Iowa by 4 points due to 4 turnovers and fumbling on the 2 yard line with a few seconds left also not so bad. Woo go Badgers!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
nothing says football more than watching Disney characters dancing around while stormtroopers look on ominously.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
That set of events perfectly sums up Tennessee of 2015. Look for Northwestern to put 7 on the board this drive.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
He'll get in eventually.

Besides that mishap on the TE release and that last QB keeper, I have been very impressed so far with northwestern's D. You guys have penetrated and scattered our run game more than any other team in the 1st quarter last year (which includes Florida, Oklahoma, and Alabama). Obviously there is a lot of football left, but your defense has made the absolute best of what your offense has provided them with.

clav

Offense has been like this all season.

Run on 1st and 2nd down.

Short pass on third.

Besides that mishap on the TE release and that last QB keeper, I have been very impressed so far with northwestern's D. You guys have penetrated and scattered our run game more than any other team in the 1st quarter last year (which includes Florida, Oklahoma, and Alabama). Obviously there is a lot of football left, but yalls defense has made the absolute best of what your guys offense has provided them with.

One of the best football defenses in the nation.

However, they usually get gassed because they're on the field so often.

Also the star safety is out, so secondary is suspect today.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Michael David Smith
‏@MichaelDavSmith

Huge ratings decline for ESPN: Bama-MSU had a 9.9 overnight, Clemson-Oklahoma a 9.7. Last year Oregon-FSU had a 15.5, Bama-OSU a 15.3.

Playoff ratings this year were down a 1/3 from last year

Beaten by a second!!

Has to do with match ups, osu bama is a ratings hog while Oregon vs fsu had 2 heisman winners. This years match ups weren't nearly as appealing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom