• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Did you know that Alabama has more quality wins against B1G opponents than Ohio State the university? It's true. They also played both in Dallas, where they have more victories in that stadium than the Dallas Cowboy's did this football season.

How's that for defense Adam?

Wooohooo!!!

58263771.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Overly backseat driving buckeye fans is easily the funniest one hit wonders I've seen since Chumbawamba.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Lol at Harbaugh getting heated at the ref for not calling the PI and then the ref says he called it and Harbaugh is just like "you called it? You called it? Oh."

bachikarn

Not sure why our defense decide not to show up. Treon didn't look half bad too. Oh well.

Did much better this year than anyone expected. Sucks we ended it on a 3 game skid.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
It was (and still is) so painfully obvious that Tennessee should have been playing Michigan in the Citrus bowl and Florida vs. Northwestern should have been the matchup in the Outback.

I"ll take a big win to end the season anytime, but it would have been nice to have competitive litmus-test against the Wolverines. Florida is a shell of a team with Harris at QB.

I know. It's
like....it makesw you feel so damn good for a minute.....but then it all falls apart.

Yeah. Good job non descript team.

I'm just trying to figure out what your type is, brah. You know mine. Living :p
Lol.

Well I like the girls I am interested in to be alive first off.

That's a big one to me.

Wasn't sure if you saw this so I copied it here.

I'll take this as a slight victory, then.

There are no winners in this, only tears.

If you want to piss off Ohio State fans just post pics of Tim Beck, I made Floyd internet sad yesterday in the NFL thread.

You made me real life sad Draxal.. Real life sad. It made me remember the one who got away.

Lunar15

There are no winners in this.. Only tears.

It's true ;_;

BUT HEY WE GOT THAT KICKER YEAH

Treon gets too much of the blame for the collapse.

I semi-agree. There's no denying that there was a marked difference in the team's pace once he took over, but I think even Grier would have had an increasingly difficult time as our already terrible o-line collapsed through the year. And I don't think anyone leaves Hardin out of this.

Yes, our problems extend way beyond just Treon.

Well I like the girls I am interested in to be alive first off.

That's a big one to me.

Wasn't sure if you saw this so I copied it here.

There are no winners in this, only tears.

You made me real life sad Draxal.. Real life sad. It made me remember the one who got away.

Living? Brah, you know that limits your options extensively, right? But, I mean, I guess we all have a type...

It was (and still is) so painfully obvious that Tennessee should have been playing Michigan in the Citrus bowl and Florida vs. Northwestern should have been the matchup in the Outback.

Isn't that the result of the SEC hand picking their bowl assignments to get advantageous matchups in their games, though?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm surprised Tennessee clobbered NW like they did. I knew they had improved this year, but I guess its a matchup issue.

Belated congrats to Clemson GAF like FG and Az (those are the main two I remember). Since they are playing Bama, I won't really root for them to win the NC, but it won't bother me at all if they do.

This florida team is last year levels of fraud. Apparently roid greir was their only serviceable QB. All their QB's seem to actually get better after they transfer.

Ohio State will be 3-0 in Premier bowl games the last two years if they keep this lead.

Beat the best SEC team, best Pac 12 team and now the best independent.

They face the best Big XII team in the regular season next year (oklahoma), just need to take out the best ACC team in a big six bowl next year to be crowned the kings of college football.

Then I'm not sure why Ole Miss is playing Okie State or why 10RC played NW.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...cle_51e9a0b9-6373-5747-bd64-690822d16117.html

After the CFP selection committee chooses its bowl participants, the Citrus has first choice among remaining bowl-eligible SEC teams. Then comes the big change in the SEC: the Pool of Six.

The SEC league office will decide its SEC participants for its next six bowls: Outback, Belk, Liberty, Music City, Texas and Taxslayer. There is no pecking order within these six and no significant differences between payouts, SEC executive associate commissioner Mark Womack said.

So the Citrus picked Florida; SEC sent UT to play Northwestern.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
No evening bowl games? Maybe put the semi-finals in that slot...

Who's the moron running the ncaa?
Why would they schedule football games on the evening of January 1st, when everyone is out celebrating and partying for the new year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom