• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

Aloha Stadium's such a shitty looking stadium, drove by that eyesore for three years. Even after renovations it looked like crap. At least the climate was alright.

cdyhybrid

Aloha Stadium's such a shitty looking stadium, drove by that eyesore for three years. Even after renovations it looked like crap. At least the climate was alright.

It does suck. It's super old and barely holding together, but there's no money to replace it.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Makes a lot of sense, the last spoiled brat QB transfer they got has been working out pretty well amirite

gDYBZtU.jpg

diehard

Fleer
Detmer as OC and Sitake as HC

I'm pretty sure our AD just went to cougarboard and read what all the fans wanted, and gave it to them.

our recruiting game is gonna be on point

squicken

I thought Allen would be a better fit, but I think Stoops is probably sold on the mobility. Mayfield's scrambling has been huge this year, and Knight's out of nowhere game vs Bama was helped a lot by his legs

Not surprised at all to see recruits leaving A&M. Sumlin is cooked. At least the stories about what happened will be interesting, as it all crumbles down

Merry Christmas, CFBGAF. After well over ten years on this board, this is the only thread I consistently participate in, and the best CFB community I've found online. Hope you guys have a great day.

ryseing

I thought Allen would be a better fit, but I think Stoops is probably sold on the mobility. Mayfield's scrambling has been huge this year, and Knight's out of nowhere game vs Bama was helped a lot by his legs

Not surprised at all to see recruits leaving A&M. Sumlin is cooked. At least the stories about what happened will be interesting, as it all crumbles down

Sumlin's done unless he somehow pulls 10 wins out of his ass next season. Best of luck doing that in the SEC West with an unsettled quarterback situation.

Tom Herman? Yes, this is Aggie.

Merry Christmas, CFBGAF. After well over ten years on this board, this is the only thread I consistently participate in, and the best CFB community I've found online. Hope you guys have a great day.

Parts of /r/cfb are pretty alright.

Parts.

If you frequent a Rivals board I cannot respect you as a human being.

Merry Christmas y'all.

andycapps

Climate change + El Nino is really wrecking havoc on the east coast this Christmas season.
Oh man, you wouldn't believe how many conversations this week have started with relatives saying nonsensical things related to global warming. So many great political discussions too related to if Hillary is elected the people will revolt and take back the government. That's when I remind them that even if they try to take on the US military with handguns and shotguns that they'd just be bombed by drones anyway.

The holidays are great, but man... I don't miss the political discussions.

Oh man, you wouldn't believe how many conversations this week have started with relatives saying nonsensical things related to global warming. So many great political discussions too related to if Hillary is elected the people will revolt and take back the government. That's when I remind them that even if they try to take on the US military with handguns and shotguns that they'd just be bombed by drones anyway.

What's sad is that conservatives are told to believe man made climate change is a liberal myth and part of the democrats agenda or some bullshit. It sucks that the issue is tied into politics when it should be based on non-refutable facts from scientific studies. Something like 99.9% of scientists who study climate change agree that CO2 emissions are contributing to the slow rise of our global temperature, but Republicans are told by Fox News and other conservative friends to cling to the studies of those few scientists that refute climate change. I used to be a climate change denier myself, but I finally saw the light

Something like 99.9% of scientists who study climate change agree that CO2 emissions are contributing to the slow rise of our global temperature, but Republicans are told by Fox News and other conservative friends to cling to the studies of those few scientists that refute climate change. I used to be a climate change denier myself, but I finally saw the light

97% say that "climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities." A monumental majority.

I was telling my folks they should see The Martian because I think they'd like it, and I was asked if it was some "global warming shit" because they didn't want to pay money to watch propaganda. :\

At least they don't think people are going to revolt if/when Hillary is elected, they just think it'll continue to go down the shitter.

I find political discussions to be pointless, unless I have a long time to work on something.

Politics don't just represent who you think should be elected to office. Now that the parties are relatively well aligned ideologically, they represent your worldview.

About the only area where I can't draw a rough sketch of human behavior based on your political view is in sports. That's why sports rock!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
We're gonna job by 30+ to a 6-6 basketball school

:(

At least its almost over, and the low point in recent Duke football history is still a winning season.

Velcro Fly

We're gonna job by 30+ to a 6-6 basketball school

:(

At least its almost over, and the low point in recent Duke football history is still a winning season.

IU is way better than their record. They legit could have been 9-3 this year without much happening

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
IU is way better than their record. They legit could have been 9-3 this year without much happening

Duke should have worst case scenario been 8-4 and it turned out there was an even worse case scenario. I've seen some of IU play and they looked good against good teams, and not great against some teams they should have beaten. I know Wake Forest came back and almost beat them but that was earlier in the season. Both teams are different now.

Duke dicked around too much on offense and gave Indiana time to wake up.

People wearing blue at Yankee Stadium right now should feel terrible about only having a 3 point lead.

thefro

I'll take being 17-all after that crappy 1st quarter for IU in terms of playcalling/Sudfeld's QB play.

Our O-Line is dominating, so I feel pretty good about the 2nd half.

Wish Howard would play today, but hopefully him being still injured stops him from declaring from the draft.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Someone might want to notify Freelander that I might start focusing my retirement wishes on Cutcliffe instead of K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom