• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

Yep. Pro football is a lot more popular than Sea World. And it's much easier to pretend that NFL players know all the risks and are making informed decisions than to overlook mistreatment of orcas.

That and pro football is too important for other vices
Hi gambling

DominoKid

So a couple of friends of mine got to view and advanced screening of concussion last night and based off of what they told me how the movie basically shows the NFL as a heartless money driven villain that gives no regards to human life, I could easily see this movie doing as much damage to the NFL as blackfish did to sea world. I know it sounds crazy, but this movie will really have millions of people against the NFL

that movie aint saying nothing that aint already known. people just like football too much for it to matter.

TELL THE TRUTH

AIzK3qc.png

I don't think any player in the SEC under-performed relative to their talent level more than Robert Nkemdiche.

He's got to be one of the worst offenders. Unfortunately, he seemed to have an attitude that because he was so highly recruited and so talented that he could coast by on that reputation. My take anyway.

He didn't live up to his hype however he was double teamed by a lot of opposition lines.

The games he missed or partly missed, Ole Miss defence was a lot worse.

So a couple of friends of mine got to view and advanced screening of concussion last night and based off of what they told me how the movie basically shows the NFL as a heartless money driven villain that gives no regards to human life, I could easily see this movie doing as much damage to the NFL as blackfish did to sea world. I know it sounds crazy, but this movie will really have millions of people against the NFL

I think you are overthinking things too much.

Sea World did not deserve to get Blackfished. They are a good corporation that does a lot for the environment. Blackfish was a Morgan Spurlock/Michael Moore hit & run upon a corporate citizen because some people don't like America.

The NFL & College Football will be fine. The hippies may have taken away our Sea World, but they won't take away our football.

Ah nothing like a bowl game in a scam baseball stadium on a Monday before Christmas in the middle of the afternoon.

But hey, I guess it's better than not being in a bowl game at all? Probably not. I'm sure everyone is losing money today.

Balphon

Ah nothing like a bowl game in a scam baseball stadium on a Monday before Christmas in the middle of the afternoon.

But hey, I guess it's better than not being in a bowl game at all? Probably not. I'm sure everyone is losing money today.

It's no Bahamas Bowl.

You have a lot of faith in Luke Wilson's ability to inspire any sort of emotional reaction in a human being.

Sorry, this WKU QB just looks like trash today. My god. Not even close on most throws.

Edit: And this production just sucks overall. Bowl games in baseball stadiums should be banned.

It's no Bahamas Bowl.

You have a lot of faith in Luke Wilson's ability to inspire any sort of emotional reaction in a human being.

It's very emotional. One girl who saw the movie has a brother that's being recruited by Tech, UT, and Ole Miss and after watching the movie she said she is going to do everything she can to convince her brother to just stick with track and field

serious question, but how hard is it to get offered a scholarship?

I assume it may be difficult for a Div 1 team but I saw the other day the Div 3 teams playing their national championship - do these colleges offer scholarships?

If you are say, in the top 5 players of your High School, would you be able to get a free tertiary education from playing football?

Draxal

serious question, but how hard is it to get offered a scholarship?

I assume it may be difficult for a Div 1 team but I saw the other day the Div 3 teams playing their national championship - do these colleges offer scholarships?

If you are say, in the top 5 players of your High School, would you be able to get a free tertiary education from playing football?

Very hard, an average High School will have no scholarship players.

Elite High schools like Saint Thomas Aquinas in Florida can send up to 11 players on scholarship. But these high schools recruit 8-7th graders and poach from other high schools. High school football can be very cutthroat.

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/ncaalimits.html for you scholarship question.

I think you are overthinking things too much.

Sea World did not deserve to get Blackfished. They are a good corporation that does a lot for the environment. Blackfish was a Morgan Spurlock/Michael Moore hit & run upon a corporate citizen because some people don't like America.

The NFL & College Football will be fine. The hippies may have taken away our Sea World, but they won't take away our football.

Speaking of SeaWorld, looks like people are stuck on the SkyTower thing in Orlando. Just saw it pop up on my FB feed.

Very hard, an average High School will have no scholarship players.

Elite High schools like Saint Thomas Aquinas in Florida can send up to 11 players on scholarship. But these high schools recruit 8-7th graders and poach from other high schools. High school football can be very cutthroat.

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/ncaalimits.html for you scholarship question.

cheers.

There is an American Football competition in my city in Australia and I suggested to my Brother in law that he get his son into kicking or punting and then try and get a scholarship to a US college.

Brad Craddock (point kicker for Maryland) played in the same competition I think.

Chicko is the best fan in this thread.

Relentlessly positive and supportive of Ole Miss football. He doesn't brook no for an answer. Rightfully defends the SEC as the top conference in the land. Rightfully acknowledges that Ole Miss is a clean program, that's a scrappy underdog.

I love how they've stopped saying the amount raised by the field goal net thing from Allstate. I remember last time it was something like 3 million since 2005. Which is trash given the amount of schools in the program and how long it has been going on.

Chicko is the best fan in this thread.

Relentlessly positive and supportive of Ole Miss football. He doesn't brook no for an answer. Rightfully defends the SEC as the top conference in the land. Rightfully acknowledges that Ole Miss is a clean program, that's a scrappy underdog.

At least you know where I stand, hehe.

I never said they were a clean program, and if I did that's not what I meant. IIRC, I said that all programs are dirty and it sounds a lot like sour grapes from the bigger team fans (Ohio State, Georgia, Clemson, Bama etc) when they get their players flipped to go to Ole Miss. People just need to accept that if their team can consistently get top recruits, other teams are allowed to every now and then too.

With regards to Nkemdiche, I still think he is a very good player and you only have to look at the game where he sat out with concussion to see how much of difference he made to Ole Miss' defensive line. Time will tell I suppose.

diehard

Fleer
I heard them sing his name a fair bit during the BYU v Utah game.

What is so special about him?

When he was D coordinator Utah's defense became great. Who knows how much of it was him though.

All of the Polynesian ex-players are stoked and are talking about how kids that werent going to consider BYU before will now have them high on their list.

When he was D coordinator Utah's defense became great. Who knows how much of it was him though.

All of the Polynesian ex-players are stoked and are talking about how kids that werent going to consider BYU before will now have them high on their list.

Are the majority of Polynesians Mormon?

Draxal

cheers.

There is an American Football competition in my city in Australia and I suggested to my Brother in law that he get his son into kicking or punting and then try and get a scholarship to a US college.

Brad Craddock (point kicker for Maryland) played in the same competition I think.

Ah, trying to be the next Tom Hackett? Punters usually don't get scholarships unless they're very very good.

I have decided to end the trolling game.

My post-mortem:

It's very easy to be a delusional pie in the sky rah rah type of fan. You just need to be willing to stick to two basic points:

A. Whomever is your head coach is the best head coach in the land.
B. The fans know less than the administration/coaches at all times.

It's also a lot less stressful being such a fan, because you don't care about the accountability of your opinions. They always flip depending on who is in charge.

However, I grew bored of the act. The delusional state of mind that exists for your average paranoid Rivals user (the newspaper is out to get us. ESPN is out to get us, etc.) got too ridiculous for me.

AntoneM

OT: Michigan State needed a bullshit Offensive foul to beat University of Oakland in Orange Round Ball Net Basket tonight.

For some reason this makes me hope MSU loses their bowl game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom