• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAC: Louisville
ACC: Clemson
-Atlantic: Clemson
-Coastal: Miami
Big 12: Oklahoma State
B1G: The Maurice Clarett University
-Legends: Nebraska
-Leaders: MCU
Pac-12: Oregon
-North: Oregon
-South: UCLA
SEC: Bama
-East: USCe
-West: Alabama
Championship Game: tOSU vs Oklahoma State
Winner: Oklahoma State

THIS IS THE YEAR!

How in the world is Alabama going to win the SEC-CG and NOT go to the MNC game? They could probably have up to 3 regular season losses and still get the invite. Your scenario would cause BCS chaos appropriate for its swan song and last year in existence.

KingGondo

Banned
How in the world is Alabama going to win the SEC-CG and NOT go to the MNC game? They could probably have up to 3 regular season losses and still get the invite. Your scenario would cause BCS chaos appropriate for its swan song and last year in existence.
I'm assuming OSU and tOSU go undefeated, and Bama loses at Aggy and to LSU, with Aggy and LSU each dropping 2+ conference games elsewhere (wishful thinking).

I guess putting USCe as the SEC champ would have been more realistic, but I'm gonna shock the world. Prepare to be in awe of Gondodamus.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

1 Loss Alabama has the potential to get in over an undefeated OSU, especially with the "going for the 3 peat" hype.

Trying to figure out how they'd have a loss, let alone 2, in the SEC West and make it to Atlanta. A&M basically has the same schedule as Alabama. Plays no one from the East that "should" beat them. LSU does. So I assume, he means that Alabama beats A&M and loses to LSU, with LSU losing to 2 out of 3 (A&M/Georgia/Florida).

3 Way tie could happen if LSU loses to A&M only, then who knows who goes to Atlanta.

SEC Helmet Schedule
Everyone's Helmet Schedule

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm assuming OSU and tOSU go undefeated, and Bama loses at Aggy and to LSU, with Aggy and LSU each dropping 2+ conference games elsewhere (wishful thinking).

I guess putting USCe as the SEC champ would have been more realistic, but I'm gonna shock the world. Prepare to be in awe of Gondodamus.
ISU is gonna be your downfall.

Again.

1 Loss Alabama has the potential to get in over an undefeated OSU, especially with the "going for the 3 peat" hype.

Trying to figure out how they'd have a loss, let alone 2, in the SEC West and make it to Atlanta. A&M basically has the same schedule as Alabama. Plays no one from the East that "should" beat them. LSU does. So I assume, he means that Alabama beats A&M and loses to LSU, with LSU losing to 2 out of 3 (A&M/Georgia/Florida).

3 Way tie could happen if LSU loses to A&M only, then who knows who goes to Atlanta.

SEC Helmet Schedule
Everyone's Helmet Schedule

There was a funny version of that SEC one with pictures of cupcakes replacing certain teams.

ag-my001

AAC: Rutgers

ACC Winner: Clemson
-Coastal: Ga. Tech

Big 12: Fighting Gondo's

B1G Winner: tOSU
-Leaders: tOSU

Pac-12 Winner: Ducks
-South: ASU

SEC Winner: A&M
-East: USCe
-West: A&M

Championship Game: A&M vs. Ducks
Winner: Spread Offenses
A&M, gotta homer

Lonestar

Turning into a Daily Feature:

Our Newest Virginia Tech Departure!

“@HokiesJournal: Virginia Tech says DE Corey Marshall is "taking some time away from the team to take care of some personal matters." Status w/ #Hokies TBD.”

Though, who knows, some say this didn't happen. Can't be sure of what's going on in Blacksburg.

mre

Turning into a Daily Feature:

Our Newest Virginia Tech Departure!

Though, who knows, some say this didn't happen. Can't be sure of what's going on in Blacksburg.

Jesus. How many healthy scholarship players do they have left?

cdyhybrid

Oh, God, Cyan can you please unban that one Mississippi State fan we had: https://vine.co/v/hOvdBilHegn

SMH.

How the fuck did we ever lose a recruit to them last year? :jnc

5i8WpmP.jpg

JFF Heisman odds plummeting:

Online sports book Bovada updated its Heisman Trophy odds for the 2013 season on Monday, and the main takeaway was clear: Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel’s odds to repeat dropped to 15:1, the ninth-highest player on the list.

Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller is the new leader with 9:2 odds, while South Carolina’s Jadeveon Clowney (6:1) and Louisville’s Teddy Bridgewater (9:1) checked in second and third, respectively. Manziel, who was listed as a 4:1 favorite in February, also has lower odds than AJ McCarron, Marcus Mariota, Aaron Murray, T.J. Yeldon and Tajh Boyd.
http://college-football.si.com/2013/08/19/johnny-manziel-heisman-odds/?sct=hp_t2_a4&eref=sihp

ACC Winner: Clemson
Big 12: Okie St.
B1G Winner: Ohio St.
-Leaders: Ohio St.
Pac-12 Winner: Stanford
-North: Stanford
-South: USC
SEC Winner: Alabama
-East: Georgia
Championship Game: Alabama v. Ohio St.
Winner: Alabama

mre

I may be transferring there for my fiance's job.

How many of the Pac 12 network channels they got there, all of them, right?

No clue... the PAC 12 network didn't exist then.

Let me know if you're moving there and I'll give you the 411 on where to live and things like that.

Lonestar

No clue... the PAC 12 network didn't exist then.

Let me know if you're moving there and I'll give you the 411 on where to live and things like that.

it exists now?

Best Guess: Check your Cable/Satelite provider, see if it's a channel available as an add. At least make sure ESPN 360 is available as last resort, or just start learning to like watching SEC football. I'm pretty sure we've got plenty of that in the state.

andycapps

ACC Winner: FSU
-Atlantic: FSU
Big 12: OSU
B1G Winner: OSU lite
-Leaders: OSU lite
Pac-12 Winner: Oregon
-South: USC
SEC Winner: Georgia
-East: Georgia
Championship Game: Georgia v. OSU lite
Winner: Georgia

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Just purchased tickets for my fifth game of the season! My family goes wine tasting in Walla Walla every year and we didn't think we were going to get to go to a game due to my Dad's work schedule. He got a shift change and we are now going the weekend we play OSU in Pullman!

So it's now:
At Auburn
Stanford in Seattle
OSU in Pullman
At Oregon
At Washington!

12 days until football!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom