• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fresno State got their ass beat by SMU during the bowl season. Not saying they won't be improved this year, but David Carr's brother is still their QB. Call me skeptical about their chances of making noise this season.

Most likely Rutgers didn't sell their allotment like you said, so they sent the tickets back to Fresno State. Those prices are so cheap, that's crazy. Almost as cheap as the seats I got for when UGA played at Kentucky last year.

Ticket prices go from $15 (student) to $77 (premium)

Boise state games get a $5 price bump

Season ticket for non-students start at $140, but costco always has better deals

Lots of change in my life right now.

Congrats on the new job! It does feel sorta guilt-inducing to jump jobs so quickly but that difference in drive will make a huge difference on your life. As somebody who measures distance in minutes (LA GAF here) I totally understand.

LOL and all for $140. Are they throwing in free hotdogs and drinks too? GA Tech does that.

Not sure on all the details.

The local AAA baseball team pays you to attend.

Its amazing.

$32 buys you
-Two water park tickets (usually 29.99 online advance price each, $40 at gate, each)
-Two mini golf tickets ($7 each)
-Two decent field tickets (and you can always just walk to better seats)
-Two sodas
-Two hotdogs

Even if you just want to go to the waterpark....youd be foolish not to buy the package.

Draxal

Fresno State got their ass beat by SMU during the bowl season. Not saying they won't be improved this year, but David Carr's brother is still their QB. Call me skeptical about their chances of making noise this season.

They've been ranked up to 24 in some preseason polls because Derek Carr is supposedly good, and they play in the MWC, so other then Boise there's nothing really there.

As for Rutgers, our offense looks better then expected(specifically Nova looks like a brand new player) but our defense looks worse than expected.

Don't know what to expect out of them.

andycapps

Its amazing.

$32 buys you
-Two water park tickets (usually 29.99 online advance price each, $40 at gate, each)
-Two sodas
-Two hotdogs

Even if you just want to go to the waterpark....youd be foolish not to buy the package.

The only team I've ever been a fan of that would have had cheap tickets like that were the Falcons in the 80's and 90's. And I didn't care about them at all. I was a Cowboys fan like every other kid that didn't know anything about the NFL.

On second thought, watching Joe Montana, then Steve Young throw to Jerry Rice was pretty awesome too.

Pimpwerx

Its amazing.

$32 buys you
-Two sodas
-Two hotdogs

That's an awesome deal. That would make for a great date. Go to a day game, have a bite while there, then go hit some mini golf afterwards before dinner. Pretty cool. PEACE.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Its amazing.

$32 buys you
-Two sodas
-Two hotdogs

$32 might allow you to park inside 2 miles of the stadium during an Alabama vs Someone Decent game.

Karakand

CFB Bros: I'm catching these feels a little bit today. Sorry to go a little OT, but today is my last day with my current company. I just started at this company less than 3mo ago, and while I do like the company, pay is good, and my co-workers are cool....it's a solid 40min drive each way (35min if I hurry). With my daughter starting kindergarten this week, and my little ninja due at the end of the month, it would be a logistics nightmare with me working 40min away from home. There's no family around to help. Just the wife & I.

Well, a headhunter contacted me a month ago about an opening near my house. Better company, more $$, and it's 2 miles from home. 2 miles! Two interviews later and I'm starting on Monday. I feel kinda bad about leaving my current company so soon, though.

Lots of change in my life right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4RjJKxsamQ

It is time! The annual NeoGaf College Football look like a fool in post-season conference prediction challenge.

We will be picking the winners of the following conferences as well as the BCS Championship participants and the winner of said game. Please use the below as a template. You can either post it in here or PM it to me. Once the season starts I will post the completed spreadsheet with everyones picks.

AAC:
ACC Winner:
-Atlantic:
-Coastal:

Big 12:
B1G Winner:
-Legends:
-Leaders:

Pac-12 Winner:
-North:
-South:
SEC Winner:
-East:
-West:

Championship Game:
Winner:

cdyhybrid

AAC: L'ville
ACC Winner: Clempson
-Atlantic: Clempson
-Coastal: Miami

Big 12: Okie Lite
B1G Winner: OSU
-Legends: Michigan
-Leaders: OSU

Pac-12 Winner: Stanford
-North: Stanford
-South: UCLA
SEC Winner: Bama
-East: UGA
-West: Bama

Championship Game: Bama v. Ohio State
Winner: Bama

Wait, ignore the above post. I need to edit, forgot to do divisions. Unless you guys prefer to do just straight up?

Edit: this is a formatting nightmare im trying to create up above

Edit 2: Ok, good to go, going to include division. 2 point for getting correct overall conference winner, 1 point for each division pick right.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
AAC: Louisville
ACC: Florida State
-Atlantic: Florida State
Big 12: Oklahoma State
B1G: The Ohio State University
-Legends: Nebraska
-Leaders: The Ohio State University
Pac-12: Stanford
-South: Arizona State
SEC: Georgia
-East: Georgia
-West: Alabama
Championship Game: Georgia vs Ohio State
Winner: Georgia

I don't really have any idea on ACC Coastal and Pac12 South.

Cal has named true freshman jared Goff starting QB.

48l0W.jpg

ACC Winner: Clemson
-Atlantic: Clemson
-Coastal: UNC
Big 12: Texas!
B1G Winner: tOSU
-Legends: Nebraska
-Leaders: tOSU
Pac-12 Winner: UCLA
-North: Oregon
SEC Winner: Alabama
Championship Game: Alabama v. Louisville
Winner: Alabama

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
It is time! The annual NeoGaf College Football look like a fool in post-season conference prediction challenge.

We will be picking the winners of the following conferences as well as the BCS Championship participants and the winner of said game. Please use the below as a template. You can either post it in here or PM it to me. Once the season starts I will post the completed spreadsheet with everyones picks.

AAC:
ACC Winner:
-Atlantic:
-Coastal:

Big 12:
B1G Winner:
-Legends:
-Leaders:

Pac-12 Winner:
-North:
-South:
SEC Winner:
-East:
-West:

Championship Game:
Winner:

Shit, can't we just use yahoo?

Draxal

AAC: RUT
ACC Winner: FSU
-Atlantic: FSU
-Coastal:
VPI
Big 12: OKI
B1G Winner: Ohio
-Legends: TTUN
-Leaders:
Ohio
-South: Ucla
SEC Winner: Saban
-West:
Saban
Championship Game: Saban/Meyer
Winner: Saban

My picks

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
AAC: Louisville (who fucking cares)
-Coastal: North Carolina
B1G Winner: State of Ohio University in a revenge game after losing @ Michigan the week (or 2) before.
-Leaders: State of Ohio University
-East: South Carolina
Championship Game: Alabama vs Stanford

Hard to pick (except for the Homer and "easy" Alabama pick).

Louisville could go undefeated, but they play absolutely no one.

ACC Atlantic is between FSU and Clemson as usual, and went with Clemson cause they're the home team that week. Also see them beating South Carolina. Coastal will be the usual clusterfuck, especially with VT becoming a shell of a team (sure, they don't see an ACC opponent until a month into the season, but training camp has been brutal, and I fear for the worse after the Alabama game.)

I see OSU getting the B12, because their tougher games are spread out, while everyone else seems to have some serious stretches of tough games. I still don't see Oklahoma or Texas coming close to their once perceived level of power.

Picked OSU2 over Michigan in a rematch. I see OSU2 over Wisconsin based on Home, and because the Michigan game is the only difficult road game for them. That split with Michigan will keep them from the BCS Championship. I see Michigan winning a 3 way tie with Nebraska and Michigan State.

Basing the PAC on "who's Home between Stanford and Oregon" who will beat the South team that faces the least resistance from the North during the season (seems to be either of the Arizona teams, who only play one of Oregon/Stanford, while UCLA/USC plays both). Is USC off the postseason ban yet?

I see USCe eeking out a win against Georgia and Florida (but losing to Clemson). I see Alabama beating A&M (with or without Manziel) because it's all Saban has been thinking of. Rest of the schedule is poor. Should be a weaker LSU team, and it's at home. But, it's always a tough and close game, but even if LSU wins that game, I see them losing 2 out of the 3 with A&M/Florida/Georgia. A loss to LSU might possibly hurt Alabama's BCS hopes, but I feel a win in Atlanta, and the whole "playing for history" will push the voters to make sure Alabama gets in. I see Alabama over USCe, because Saban has held a secret sacrificial shrine, ever since losing to The Drunken Quarterback back in 2010. Cyrus has played against Clowney (HS All Star Game) and it was "evenly" matched. Won't stop him all the time, but perhaps enough not to get AJ Killed. I don't like USCe's offense, or either of it's QB's, but I will research them more. Don't see a Lattimore on their team either.

BCS Game: Alabama gets in because SECSECSEC/3 Peat/Possible undefeated. I went with Stanford over Clemson. Feel like Clemson loses to UGA but win out, while Stanford either goes undefeated, or loses (but wins a tiebreaker) to Oregon, or Notre Dame. Other close contenders could be OSU or OSU. Louisville can't make up ground unless everyone loses 2 or 3 games. Notre Dame "might" have a chance if Michigan/USC/Stanford all blow it again.

Alabama vs Stanford = Men with Clubs on the field, beating each other to Death. I give Alabama the nod, because they'll have faced more competition that have that sort of offense (RUN RUN PA), and I feel our Safeties and Linebackers are up to the challenge of defending Stanfords Tight Ends of Doom. Stanford does not have an answer for Alabama's Cooper (let alone the rest of the WR Core).

Can't wait to see how wrong this all ends up.

mre

So Vandy ain't done yet racking up Fulmer Cup points:

Brian Wilson ?@brianwilson17 32m
#BREAKING: Three more people have been indicted in the Vanderbilt sex crimes case, including leading WR Chris Boyd.

quote:
Brian Wilson ?@brianwilson17 30m
Boyd is the only player indicted today. He's charged as an accessory after the fact. Two others are charged with tampering with evidence.

quote:
@SEC_Logo: Vanderbilt WR Chris Boyd, has been suspended from the team pending further review (via: @jefflockridge)

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
$32 might allow you to park inside 2 miles of the stadium during an Alabama vs Someone Decent game.

I can't wait for the Alabama pounds UT Chatt game, my dad gets too stressed out when Bama plays someone worth a shit. I want him to enjoy the game.

EDIT: when will you people stop picking UNC to win anything in football? I'm not even saying this as a rival Duke fan. Regardless of how much talent they have, they always come up short to expectations. That defense last year gave up 50+ points to UMDs 5th string QB, and its not improved. I expect the UNC/NCSU game to be like 77-70.

ACC Winner: Clems
-Atlantic: Clems

Big 12: Okie
B1G Winner: Urbz
-Legends: Corn
-Leaders: Urbz

-East: SCar

Championship Game: Bama v. Stanford

Piggus

A fine observation, sir. Guess we'll see. :p

EDIT: Or perhaps the chap responsible for Photoshopping it all together just got lazy after the first four lol.

Basing the PAC on "who's Home between Stanford and Oregon" who will beat the South team that faces the least resistance from the North during the season (seems to be either of the Arizona teams, who only play one of Oregon/Stanford, while UCLA/USC plays both). Is USC off the postseason ban yet?

Not to change your pick or anything, but USC doesn't play Oregon this year, and they have Stanford and UCLA at home.

And yeah this is our first year off the postseason ban
not counting last year where we might as well have been

AntoneM

Big 12: Texas
B1G Winner: Ohio State
-Leaders: Ohio State

Pac-12 Winner: Oregon
-South: ASU

Championship Game: Oregon and Alabama

Big 12 is a toss up and so is the Pac 12 south, figured I might was well be a homer by picking ASU. I think all of Ohio State, Alabama, and Oregon have good shots of going undefeated. I think a perception that the Pac 12 is stronger than the B1G right now would put Oregon in the championship over Ohio State.

JHall

-Coastal:
Georgia Tech
-Leaders:
Ohio State
-East: Florida
-West:
Alabama
Championship Game: Alabama vs Ohio State

AAC: Louisiville
-Coastal: VaTech
Big 12: TEXAS
-Legends: Iowa
-Leaders: Ohio State
-South: ASU
Championship Game: Bama v. Ohio State
Winner: Ohio State

AAC: Clemson, because... Oh god damn it. Louisiville, because that conference suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
ACC: Clemson, because home. Granted, they will probably lose the division by losing to NC State and Duke despite beating Florida State, because the ACC wouldn't be the ACC without the circle of suck. Also, the Atlantic Team will get upset by the Coastal Team.
Big 12: TEXAS BABY! HOOK 'EM!
B1G: Ohio State, because I am fully confident everyone else will screw up. I picked Iowa because that division is dumb, and I am challenging the AIRBHG to wake up.
Pac 12: Oregon, because did you see that locker room!? Yeah, that's a winner's locker room. And the south sucks.
SEC: Bama, because there isn't a reason not to.

Championship Game: I figure everyone else outside of Ohio and Oregon is going to pick bama, so fuck it.

mre

Associated Press Poll

Rank Team Record Votes Previous
1 Alabama (58) 0-0 1,498 NR
2 Ohio State (1) 0-0 1,365 NR
3 Oregon 0-0 1,335 NR
4 Stanford 0-0 1,294 NR
5 Georgia (1) 0-0 1,249 NR
6 South Carolina 0-0 1,154 NR
7 Texas A&M 0-0 1,104 NR
8 Clemson 0-0 1,083 NR
9 Louisville 0-0 1,042 NR
10 Florida 0-0 894 NR
11 Florida State 0-0 845 NR
12 LSU 0-0 802 NR
13 Oklahoma State 0-0 755 NR
14 Notre Dame 0-0 748 NR
15 Texas 0-0 677 NR
16 Oklahoma 0-0 579 NR
17 Michigan 0-0 531 NR
18 Nebraska 0-0 382 NR
19 Boise State 0-0 328 NR
20 TCU 0-0 323 NR
21 UCLA 0-0 286 NR
22 Northwestern 0-0 199 NR
23 Wisconsin 0-0 185 NR
24 USC 0-0 134 NR
25 Oregon State 0-0 129 NR
Others Receiving Votes: Michigan State95, Baylor92, Virginia Tech86, Miami (FL)85, Arizona State53, Kansas State43, Fresno State36, Vanderbilt19, Washington17, Northern Illinois16, Mississippi11, Utah State8, Georgia Tech6, North Carolina3, Arizona3, Cincinnati3, Penn State2, Brigham Young1

tokkun

ACC: Clemson
Big 12: Oklahoma
B1G: An Ohio State University
-Leaders: An Ohio State University
Pac-12: Oregon