• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
IT BEGINS:

fulmercup-010913_medium.png

Link.

Well, if you could use former players:

Rolando "Expletive Y'all" McClain

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Word leaks out about a transfer Tech is getting - :D
Find out it's a receiver from Colorado - :(
Find out he's a 3 star out of high school in 2012 that's walking on and was a greyshirt at CU so he can play immediately with full eligibility left - :D

andycapps

I think you trying to force this is actually more annoying then the drive by Go Gata posts.

:gg

Tajh Boyd scheduled a press conference today to announce he's coming back to Clempson for next year. Attention whore.

That first game between Clempson and UGA is going to be a good one.

Alright. I've created a word list for BLITZ, our offseason Bingo. PM me if you want to play so I know how many Bingo cards to make.

Alright here I go. I don't think AJ's gf is that hot. Hear me out. She has an obvious fake tan, she must use white stripes daily, and her chin is flat as Miley Cyrus. She has a great body and long hair, those are the only things I find attractive about her. Her face though, meh.

I'm not being that "Woudln't bang 0/10" guy, but she's getting way too much news. I can honestly find 10 girls just as hot as her on my campus in a given hour. It's just weird is all.

KingGondo

Banned
I'm not being that "Woudln't bang 0/10" guy, but she's getting way too much news. I can honestly find 10 girls just as hot as her on my campus in a given hour. It's just weird is all.
Well you do go to Auburn.

Those who went to other schools have to settle for Auburn's leftover hotties like AJ's girlfriend.

She went to Auburn. Does that change your opinion?

:sec

I already knew that and knew of her before all this. She was in some Miss Alabama competition and was on Auburn's facebook because of it. She's smoking that's for sure, but she's just one of the standard hot girls on campus. What makes her different is that she decided to show off her boobs to everyone in bikini shots.

These old ESPN guys needs to travel down to southern campuses during the summer, they'll have heart attacks left and right.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
UW recruiting is getting chaotic. Leaks in USC's boat are making things interesting.

As A&M's recruiting class nears 100 commitments you're starting to see some of the players break off, particularly receivers. We're hoping to grab a few, between Kingsbury being the OC they committed to at A&M in the first place, the fact that we only have one committed already, and the fact that if Eric Ward declares for the NFL our returning outside receiver with the most receptions is Bradley Marquez with 41 (everybody else combines for something like 25 total).

Cameron Echols-Luper and Quincy Adeboyejo are both confirmed to have set up visits after decommitting from A&M. I believe Adeboyejo will be visiting with Daeshon Hall, DE who's currently committed to you guys.

Why the Hell is Marshall ALWAYS near the top of the Fulmer club? Chad Pennington was the only true thug to come outta Marshall.

Now that I think about it, I'm kind of bummed that I lost the pick 'em. I finally thought of a good thread title.

NeoGAF College Football Offseason of Cold Piss

RIP JLS.

Off season questions:

1. Will Oregon get sanctioned to death?
2. Who will win the Fulmer Cup?
3. Will Lane Kiffin lose his entire recruiting class?
4. Will Lane Kiffin actually hire a defensive coordinator?
5. How much money will the Cleveland Browns throw at Nick Saban?
6. Will BYU and Boise State go back to the MWC?
7. Will AJ McCarron's girlfriend meet up with Darnell Dockett at Wing Stop?
8. How far will Manti Te'o fall in the draft?
9. Which bad college QB will vault up in the draft only to disappoint in the NFL?
10. Which mid major's fans will annoy us talking about how much they belong ala Louisville fans the past few years?

11. Which QB will transfer to Wisconsin this year?

12. How many Notre Dame fans will show their faces during the off-season trudge?

13. Is Michigan "back"?

Lonestar

If Michigan State is back to normal, I hope for their sake, to not run into Alabama in a bowl game anytime soon.

Ceebs

I guess I can look forward to seeing if they can find an even more sinister looking photo of Muschamp for the the media guide this year.

ag-my001

Time for the 2012 Recap / Way Too Early 2013 Picks!

I predicted A&M would go 8-4 last year, in part because I didn't see the difference between South Carolina and South Carolina St. After going 10-2, beating Alabama then crushing OU in Jerryworld, it's time to go overboard on the hype train.

Code:
  Sat, Aug 31 	 Rice 	Kyle Field (College Station) 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Sep 07 	 Sam Houston State 	Kyle Field (College Station) 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Sep 14 	 Alabama * 	Kyle Field (College Station) 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Sep 21 	 SMU 	Kyle Field (College Station) 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Sep 28 	 Arkansas * 	Fayetteville, Ark. 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Oct 12 	 Ole Miss * 	Oxford, Miss. 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Oct 19 	 Auburn * 	Kyle Field (College Station) 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Oct 26 	 Vanderbilt * 	Kyle Field (College Station) 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Nov 02 	 UTEP 	Kyle Field (College Station) 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Nov 09 	 Mississippi State * 	Kyle Field (College Station) 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Nov 23 	 LSU * 	Baton Rouge, La. 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Nov 30 	 Missouri * 	Columbia, Mo. 	  TBA 	W

12-0 is possible, and I'd still be extremely pleased at 11-1 if the loss is to Bama. I'd like to see us in a BCS bowl before the system changes, and the top of this league is stacked. On that note, 7 in a row is good, but 3 of 4 is damn impressive. All the SECSEC joking aside, hats off to the Tide.

Lonestar

Wow, mre, found the list of the full early enrollees :O

(ESPN Stars, seems kind of low, some of those are 5* elsewhere)

1. OL Leon Brown 4* JUCO RT 6'6" 308 lb (possible Fluker replacement)
2. OL Brandon Hill 3* JUCO 6'6" 350 lb (another one, former Ole Miss recruit)
3. TE/H O.J. Howard 4* 6'6" 225 lb (where's my Banana nana gif???)
4. ATH Derrick Henry 4* 6'3" 243 lb (Well, he knows how to run the football, I'd say)
5. QB Cooper Bateman 4* 6'3" 197 lb (QB of the future, maybe)
6. ATH Jai Miller, that 28 year old walk on from Baseball
7. WR Raheem Falkins 4* 6'4" 195 lb (hadn't heard of him, but geez, a 4 star WR at that height)
8. QB Parker McLeod 3* 6'3" 183 lb from Georgia (hey, depth)
9. QB Luke Del Rio 3* 6'1" 187 lb (hey, depth, and maybe you'll turn out better than Chris Carter's son)

(ESPN Stars, seems kind of low, some of those are 5* elsewhere)

oh, and just saying, Aggie guy #2, Alabama has history of doing this to QB's who has bested them once before

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Which is odd because you guys let a very average EJ Manuel go balls deep in the CFA bowl a couple years ago.

EJ's highs were as high as basically any QB. I still think his main problems were scheme and not his fault.

Why the hell was his run threat not utilized more this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom