• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
12-0 is possible, and I'd still be extremely pleased at 11-1 if the loss is to Bama. I'd like to see us in a BCS bowl before the system changes, and the top of this league is stacked. On that note, 7 in a row is good, but 3 of 4 is damn impressive. All the SECSEC joking aside, hats off to the Tide.
I'd predict 11-1 as long as Manziel stays healthy. Besides LSU and Bama, that schedule's pretty damn easy IMO.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
they didn't even bother to pick up that one "decent" OOC game. Even Alabama fans have to call foul on that!

08/31/13 vs Akron Zips
09/07/13 at FIU Panthers
09/21/13 vs Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (Looking to get changed for an ACC team)
09/28/13 vs South Carolina Gamecocks

The hell knows if this holds.....
at Cincinnati Bearcats
vs Connecticut Huskies
vs Houston Cougars
at Louisville Cardinals
vs Rutgers Scarlet Knights
at SMU Mustangs
at Temple Owls
vs USF Bulls

12-0 baby! Ohio State style since we'll be under a post-season ban most likely.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Code:
  Sat, Aug 31 	 Rice 	Kyle Field (College Station) 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Sep 07 	 Sam Houston State 	Kyle Field (College Station) 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Sep 14 	 Alabama * 	Kyle Field (College Station) 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Sep 21 	 SMU 	Kyle Field (College Station) 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Sep 28 	 Arkansas * 	Fayetteville, Ark. 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Oct 12 	 Ole Miss * 	Oxford, Miss. 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Oct 19 	 Auburn * 	Kyle Field (College Station) 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Oct 26 	 Vanderbilt * 	Kyle Field (College Station) 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Nov 02 	 UTEP 	Kyle Field (College Station) 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Nov 09 	 Mississippi State * 	Kyle Field (College Station) 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Nov 23 	 LSU * 	Baton Rouge, La. 	  TBA 	W

Sat, Nov 30 	 Missouri * 	Columbia, Mo. 	  TBA 	W

You know that other conferences have schools not located in Texas, right?

bluemax

Banned
USC's schedule for next year isn't too bad:

Non conference:

@ Hawaii
Boston College
@ Notre Dame on my birthday

Conference Home Games
Arizona
Stanford
ucla
Utah
Wazzu

Conference Road Games
ASU
Cal
Colorado
Oregon State

Two hardest conference road games are ASU and Oregon State and playing the Irish in South Bend will be tough. Getting the farm and ucla at the Coliseum will help a lot.

4 OOC, 2 IAA and 2 midmajor, all at home.

Truly A&M has learned the ways of the SEC.

And only one really tough road game in LSU. Brilliant!

Lonestar

The best thing about this schedule: by delaying the start of A&M-USCe as rivals, Manziel may never have to face the wrath of Clowney. I am grateful.

He'd never make it that far in the season.

Why else you think Saban got Manziel on the sideline for the BCSNCG. Hint: secretly x-ray'd him to look for brittle bone locations.

ag-my001

Didn't know he was at the game, must've missed that part. As for the 8 home games, I think it's in part to still filling in from the 9-game Big12 schedule we had to make for 2011. SMU was home-and-home at least.

KingGondo

Banned
Here's Bama's schedule:

08/31/13 vs. Virginia Tech Atlanta, Ga. TBA
09/14/13 at Texas A&M * College Station, Texas TBA
09/28/13 vs. Ole Miss * Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA
10/05/13 vs. Georgia State Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA
10/12/13 at Kentucky * Lexington, Ky. TBA
10/19/13 vs. Arkansas * Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA
10/26/13 vs. Tennessee * Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA
11/09/13 vs. LSU * Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA
11/16/13 at Mississippi State * Starkville, Miss. TBA
11/23/13 vs. Chattanooga Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA
11/30/13 at Auburn * Auburn, Ala. TBA
Christ.

If they get past A&M I'd be shocked if they don't make it to the MNCG again.

Lonestar

They also only have to play Vandy and Mizzou out of the SEC East.

WEEK IN WEEK OUT

Bama's schedule isn't much harder

It's close to a wash. VT just by name is stronger than their OOC, and who knows where Mizz and Tennessee will be, but Vandy's better than Kentucky. And you could say Alabama's only tough game on the road is A&M. Who Nick is already scheming schemes for, right now.

Unless Auburn and Gus and his DREAM TEAM of assistants can whip Auburn back into shape.

Believe me, I know how blah that schedule is. LSU fans know it too, since they've been screaming conspiracy for a couple months already. SEC needs to go to 9 game schedules.

Lonestar

Only 3 OOC?

I'm assuming they'll add a third I-AA.

he left off Colorado State (Coach McElwain, former Alabama OC. Basically, a pay day gift from us to him). Think that game is in between VT and A&M.

ag-my001

Agree that 9 game is needed in the SEC. Big12 also needs 12 teams to go back to 8 games so we can schedule Texas again. Forget the bad blood, I missed playing a notable game on rivalry week.

And we've got 3 mid-majors Cyan. UTEP moved up!

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
SEC needs to go to 9 game schedules.

Yes we do.
Agree that 9 game is needed in the SEC. Big12 also needs 12 teams to go back to 8 games so we can schedule Texas again. Forget the bad blood, I missed playing a notable game on rivalry week.

Oh, and now you want to play Texas, too? Are you aspiring to be the Florida of the SEC West?

Lonestar

Georgia's Geathers is also going pro

DJ Fluker is also going pro (not sure if anyone brought it up here)

Slo

THROUGH-THE-TABLE.gif

Aesius

Bray, Patterson, and Hunter all officially gone. Patterson will undoubtedly turn heads at the combine. Dude is probably the best athlete in college football and one of the beat I have ever seen play but got Dooley'd all year. Can't wait to see him actually coached and used in an offense outside of end arounds.

I hope the Titans draft him.

I think we open up with UNC next year. I wish we played those guys every year.

Which is odd because you guys let a very average EJ Manuel go balls deep in the CFA bowl a couple years ago.

That combined with Lattimore getting knocked out early in the game and Garcia having ladies and beer in his room the night before...so yeah that was pretty much par for the course for us that year!

Georgia's Geathers is also going pro

DJ Fluker is also going pro (not sure if anyone brought it up here)

Have there been any legit suprises for any teams about people staying? Seems like everyone that can is going, and some that shouldn't (isn't that always the case?)

Anyways, hopefully no strong offseason showing for Gators in Fulmer Cup.

Talon

Have there been any legit suprises for any teams about people staying? Seems like everyone that can is going, and some that shouldn't (isn't that always the case?)

Jake Matthews is staying at A&M.

Our friend Ted Roof has left Penn St to join Georgia Tech in his same position of defensive coordinator.

4th school in about a year for him...

cashman

Banned

Deloss would never do it. At least not until A&M is mediocre again.

Lonestar

Lsu has a few surprises and questionable choices. Tennessee has 1 (sentimore) is questionable.

Alabama, I'd say mosley staying is a surprise, and AJ "should" be a surprise. He's got good stats, size and arm strength, but remains underrated in scouting reports (I've seen him still listed behind VT's Logan Thomas, which is just stupid)

After Hopkins had about a billion receiving yards against LSU in the bowl game, it seems like he's going pro. He hasn't announced yet but word is he didn't enroll this semester, so....

Thanks, LSU, for not playing pass defense! Assholes!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
With Ryan Kelly out indefinitely with a foot injury, I'm officially now more excited about our spring game and upcoming season. We have some important freshmen coming early that will most likely play a lot next year.

Our friend Ted Roof has left Penn St to join Georgia Tech in his same position of defensive coordinator.

4th school in about a year for him...

Fuck him.

bluemax

Banned
Damn. That offense would be unstoppable.

Actually I looked through a few today and they had him going to Baltimore with Seattle taking Terrance Williams out of Baylor with the next pick. For purely Madden reasons I'd be okay with either!

Seems like the consensus first two WR are going to be Keenan Allen from Cal and Patterson from Tennessee. After that its kind of between Woods from USC and Williams from Baylor.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
No, I meant Roof.

Oh yeah, fuck Ted Roof. Honestly was a nice guy and he wanted to win, and the reality is nobody could have won at Duke in the sad shape it was in then. We won't ever be a national title contender or even a BCS bowl team, but whoever takes over for Cut will have something to work with.

jjasper

Seems like the consensus first two WR are going to be Keenan Allen from Cal and Patterson from Tennessee. After that its kind of between Woods from USC and Williams from Baylor.

I figured Hunter would have been in the top 4. I guess his poor play this year hurt his stock some.

Lonestar

Brian Kelly interviewed with the Eagles, said to be mutual interest after the meeting.

"we meant to call up B. Kelly, not C. Kelly"

How long till they get to R. Kelly. [/pun]

add one more to LSU Juniors Leaving list. OT Chris Faulk

There are some rumors of Alabama's Adrian Hubbard leaving for the NFL. No one thought he'd go, he's not ready. Redshirt Sophomore. But he's got good measurables. 6'6" LB with size, speed, and long ass arms. Alabama thought he was about to join the basketball team (good Basketball player too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom