• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Clemson played great even if coaches had bad clock management down the stretch.

Congrats Outunderthestars and Azwethinkweiz. Enjoy it.

Chichikov

If Watson had seen it, he could have tried to run it himself on a free play with no downside, but yeah it's a smart play
I think the point is that defensive flags have no real downside in that situation, outside overturning a turnover I guess, but that's not lik... <drops into a black hole of super bowl XLIX nam flashbacks>

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
That outside receiver didn't even attempt to run a route. Basically got in the chest of the DB off the break.

Bama fans have reason to complain.

Oh for sure... was OPI.. no question about that at all. Both the NFL and NCAA need to focus on the pick play and call it.. it's a BS play and teams get away with it all the time.

..and I hate Bama.

bachikarn

Bama playcalling was a real head scratcher mid way through the game. I get that they had guys open, but their QB isn't that good and their run game is sick. At least running it more would have given their defense more time to rest.

But great game by Clemson.

cdyhybrid

Someone needs to ask Saban what the coverage was on that goal to go td.

You have to banjo the CBs, first cut inside is taken by cb2, have to avoid that pick play. What the fuck do I know though, just interested in hearing what he has to say about it. If anyone gets an answer pm me.

Good shit by Clemson. For Bama to ride the way they did with the QB they had, pretty insane all things considered.

Their defense is ridiculous.

Offense went in the tank without Scarborough, though, and they finally ran into an offense that could prove their D is mortal.

C1yTHZHXcAI7fMb.jpg

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Bama playcalling was a real head scratcher mid way through the game. I get that they had guys open, but their QB isn't that good and their run game is sick. At least running it more would have given their defense more time to rest.

But great game by Clemson.

Hurts played pretty freaking well. True freshman.

ShowDog

Lol checked in on this thread when I came home to a WatchESPN error and wanted to catch up on the progress of the game. Literally read it was a "murder scene" by Alabama. At that point I almost knew something would happen for a classic GAF overreaction fail.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Watson making himself so much money

Honestly, I don't think this game raises his stock.. his accuracy was all over the place, and you can't run like that in the NFL.. not consistently.. and not against guys who'd hurt him badly if he tried it.

The officials in this game need to be in the NFL. They allowed physical play on both sides and allowed the players to figure it out. Clemson was using illegal picks but Bama DB's were grabbing most of the game. Deshaun Watson is special.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
If anything this is on the Bama D.

For all the talk about that Bama D being the strength and the O being shaky the O dropped 30+ while the D gave up 30+.

Jerm411

Well holy shit was I wrong about Clemson...I'll take the L lol.

DeShaun Watson is a beast...man I hope he slips and we can bring him to KC.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Someone needs to ask Saban what the coverage was on that goal to go td.

You have to banjo the CBs, first cut inside is taken by cb2, have to avoid that pick play. What the fuck do I know though, just interested in hearing what he has to say about it. If anyone gets an answer pm me.

Good shit by Clemson. For Bama to ride the way they did with the QB they had, pretty insane all things considered.

Nice read on the play, on top of that anytime a Quarterback bootlegs to a specific side, especially in College FB, you have to assume he's going to pass outside and not towards the middle of the end zone.

Mike Williams is going to be a really intriguing potential draft pick. Before the game he was IIRC the #2 or #3 rated WR in the draft. His stock went up for sure.

RoKKeR

They won! They fucking won!!!

Absolutely elated. My brother is on campus right now. So fucking great... CONGRATS TIGERS!

Mrbob

Honestly, I don't think this game raises his stock.. his accuracy was all over the place, and you can't run like that in the NFL.. not consistently.. and not against guys who'd hurt him badly if he tried it.
I don't want him on the Bears. He is Tebiw 2.0, great college QB but bad pro.

He's won more national titles than Wisconsin will reach Rose Bowls in your life. You make this too easy, bob.

Not hard when he has an unlimited budget. Clemson didn't even play well and won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom